It's a Boy!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of feel sad that the Parliament has changed the succession law in favor of Alexandra. I know, I know it was a very democratic way to do but it still feels like snatching the kingdom away from the little prince. I mean it is not exactly the same situation like in Japan, there there is no legal male heir (and it is highly likely that there never be), but the royal family is still no hurry to give the little Princess chance to be the Queen of Japan one day. In other words, it is my belief, that the succession laws that favor only males should be changed only then there is and never be the Prince born in the royal family.

Last edited:
Merca said:
I kind of feel sad that the Parliament has changed the succession law in favor of Alexandra. I know, I know it was a very democratic way to do but it still feels like snatching the kingdom away from the little prince. I mean it is not exactly the same situation like in Japan, there there is no legal male heir (and it is highly likely that there never be), but the royal family is still no hurry to give the little Princess chance to be the Queen of Japan one day, either.
At the time of the change, in the early 1990s, neither Ingrid Alexandra or her brother were planned, so it wasn't changed for Ingrid Alexandra's benefit. Any child being the first born would have it. It wasn't snatched from him, because he never had it.

It would have been an entirely different thing had the change been retroactive as it was in Sweden, and Märtha Louise would be the current Crown Princess of Norway. Then one could dispute that it would have been "snatched."

Merca said:
I kind of feel sad that the Parliament has changed the succession law in favor of Alexandra. I know, I know it was a very democratic way to do but it still feels like snatching the kingdom away from the little prince. I mean it is not exactly the same situation like in Japan, there there is no legal male heir (and it is highly likely that there never be), but the royal family is still no hurry to give the little Princess chance to be the Queen of Japan one day, either.

Apart from "snatched" being not the case, what about feeling sorry for the girls who had the position "snatched" away from them for centuries? (BTW, I remember having heard that CP Victoria's brother felt very glad that his sister and not himself would become the ruler.)

I think it's very suitable for modern monarchy.
I'm glad more european countries have equal gender law.
Its about time.
Being a Prince, not King, doesn't mean you cannot do much for your country & your people.
I guess, monarchy now is not a question of who got more power, it's probably what can you contribute more for your people.
and look at Martha-Louise, before & after her marriage, she represents norway to the best of her ability...

The Queen and Mette-Marits mother has just seen "den lille prinsen"

im so happy for them..i thought for sure the baby would wait another week to make its appearence..

LaMinka said:
The Queen and Mette-Marits mother has just seen "den lille prinsen"

i guess this means Marit Tjessem was not with her grandchildren at skaugum at the time MM delivered baby prince.

VG has a photo gallery of when IA was born.

OMG! I just got back from my cruise and the baby was born on my birthday! Congrats to all Norwegians!

kwanfan said:
OMG! I just got back from my cruise and the baby was born on my birthday! Congrats to all Norwegians!
I did see earlier today at you and Prinsen share birthday! Happy Birthday kwanfan!;)

Congratulations to Mette-Marit, Haakon, Marius and Ingrid Alexandra.

aaawww.... little Leah Isadora looks so cute. she has a blonde hair..

Just a curiosity? Who's now the heir to the throne the boy or ingrid?

rchainho said:

Princess Ingrid Alexandra is the 2nd in line for throne after her father.

Also, an article from CNN of the royal birth :

New Norway royal baby 3rd in line

OSLO, Norway (AP) -- Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit on Saturday gave birth to a boy, the third in line to the throne, the royal palace said.
Both mother and child were well after the successful birth at 10:45 a.m. (0945 GMT), the palace said.
Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon, both aged 32, who married in August 2001, have a 1-year-old daughter, Ingrid Alexandra, who is second in line to the throne after Haakon, the son of King Harald V.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/12/03/norway.royalbirth.ap/index.html

Last edited:
Congratulations to Mette-Marit, Haakon, Ingrid Alexandra and Marius ...

rchainho said:
The line of succession to the Norwegian throne is as follows:
1. HRH Crown Prince Haakon Magnus
2. HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra (Arveprinsessen/the Heiress Princess)
3. HRH the Prince
4. Princess Märtha Louise
5. Maud Angelica Behn
6. Leah Isadora Behn.

If Haakon and Mette-Marit have more children, they go between the newborn prince and Märtha Louise. If Märtha Louise and Ari have more children, they go after Leah Isadora, regardless of the sex of the infant.

Sorry I know Haakon is the heir, I forgot to add the rest of it and that I was talking about Ingrid and her brother. (silly mistake sorry!)

I'm so Happy for Crownprincess Mette-Marit and Crownprince Haakon
Congratulations!!!!!!
I'm happy too for the fact that Ingrid Alexandra comes before of the baby prince in the line of succession of the throne
;)
Europe is wakin' up for the same rights between women and men:D

Im elated when does everyone think the Christening will be

Congratulations to Haakon, Mette-Marit, Ingrid Alexandra, Marius, their families, and Norway.:) Why is it that right after a royal baby is born the press often asks the parents if they'll have more children?:D Well, I guess the press has to think of something to ask.;) I can't wait to see the first pictures of the little guy, and to find out what they'll name him. I'm glad we don't have to wait a long time to find out about his name.:) Thank you to everyone, who've posted pictures and informations.:)

still no baby's photos? when we see to ingrid when she born?

corazon said:
I think the pictures come they day after. I can't wait to se den lille prinsen

corazon said:
Well, remember that it is midnight in the middle of the weekend in Norway. Few people work then.

norwegianne said:
Well, remember that it is midnight in the middle of the weekend in Norway. Few people work then.
thanks for your answer, yes is ANOTHER weekend with a royal birth ha ha!
i hope to see the little prince tomorrow.;)

Will Mette-Marit's sister and brother visit her at home? I can't remember if they did when Ingrid Alexandra was born.

I saw the picture of Martha Louise, Ari and Leah Isadora visiting but how come Maud Angelica wasn't with them?

I'm happy for the Royal Family. Mette-Marit had a fast labor and both she and the baby are healthy or they wouldn't have been able to go home so early. I'm glad MM got to go home five hours after delivering, she'll get more rest at home as well as more privacy. Her devivery and stay were much more different than the other Princesses with the exception of Letizia who I expected to stay longer after a C-section. I had to grin when Haakon stated that the birth was painful really painful. Oh yeah!:p Especially without an epidural, something I would need!:p

Congratulations to Haakon, Mette-marit, the Norwegian royal family and the people of Norway!!! Now Ingrid Alexandra will have a little brother to boss around ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom