It's a Boy!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to the Norwegian royal family.

A 20.5 inches and 8 lbs and 11 oz baby is big.

purple_platinum said:
that is one big baby boy...

blue eyes? so cute...

i hove they release a photo soon, probably by Haakon?

how about the chance of Ingrid Alexandra & Marius visiting their new brother?
Haakon said that he hope to get the chance to relase a pot of him.

Liza on SRMB posted this:
The baby is almost 4 kg, they are leaving today as soon as the Dr says its OK. He will take and publish some pictures today or tomorrow. The baby is blond with blue eyes. The birth started at 6.30 when they woke up this morning at home and the birth went rather fast. The King is comming home for state council on Monday when the name will be anounced.

Quotes made by CP Haakon at the Press Conference

I've translated some of what CP Haakon said at the Press Conference;

“He is a bit bigger than Ingrid Alexandra was, as far as I can see”
“The Crown Princess did a great job, and everything is well with both her and the baby. And I supported as good as I could.”
“The birth was normal.”
“We have made some space in the schedule the next couple of months, so that we can have a calm time together at home now.”
“It was just us two in the car, and it was kind of nice.”
http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/innenriks/kongehuset/5289731.html

“Incredible nice and little.”
“I get a bit touched every time.”
“We have a son, and mother and child are well.”
“That is, a bit bigger than the normal.”
“The Crown Princess is up and about, but needs a bit of resting time now, just like every other new mothers.”
“The birth went very well. She did a great job, and I helped as best as I could. But it is painfull, really painful.”
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1170903.ece

”We woke up around 7 this morning, and left home about 7.30. It has been a few days overdue, but all have gone well anyway. The birth went very well. She was really nice, the Crown Princess that is. I supported as best as I could.”
“I guessed she would give birth a week ago.”
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article505779.ece

And yes, he did cut the umbilical cord himself (with a bit of help he said).

Last edited:
it's a boy!!!!!! first baby boy in the royal family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great news!!! I want see the baby!!!

Congratulations to the happy family and congratulations Norway for the new prince. :D
It's nice to have another prince in this girl dominated generation;)

Congratulations to the whole Norwegian Royal Family on this momentous event. I am so happy that the Crown Princess delivered their son in a normal delivery.

I am so happy for them!

I think he will be named after King Olav. I also like the name Magnus...Olav Magnus has a nice ring to it!

Congratulations to the entire Royal Family of Norway on this addition of an infant prince!

Congratulations to Haakon and Mette Marit:) I cant wait to see picture of the little prince....

Yay, gongratulations!!!:D

I was still asleep when he was born, heh.:eek:

Hope to see pics very soon.

LaMinka said:
Julianne Moore, From VG

The same Julianne Moore who will be co-hosting the Nobel Peace Prize concert this year...:)

Congratulations to the Royal couple for the birth of their new Prince Charming who is third in line to the throne of Norway ...what a joyous event!!!..

Dennism said:
The same Julianne Moore who will be co-hosting the Nobel Peace Prize concert this year...:)
Yes it is..:D

Congrats to the sweet family!!!! :) Ihope we can see the baby boy as soon as possible ;)

December boy:) I wish all the best to the newborn prince and to all them:)

pictures of Haakon from Dagbladet

Attachments

• haa2.jpg
    haa2.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 224
  • haakonstort.jpg
    haakonstort.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 228
Photo of Haakon from polfoto :

Polfoto 03-12-2005 Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon meet the media in Oslo Saturday Dec. 3, 20005, after his wife, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, had given birth to their second child, a boy, Saturday morning. The newborn Prince, as yet without a name, is third in line for the Norwegian throne.

Attachments

• AP490843_guest.jpg
    AP490843_guest.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 201
  • AP490844_guest.jpg
    AP490844_guest.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 146
I can't wait to see "Prinsen" as they call him here

from Isifa.... sorry for the size

Attachments

• is_11456031t.jpg
    is_11456031t.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 313
  • is_11456032t.jpg
    is_11456032t.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 216
  • is_11456035t.jpg
    is_11456035t.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 177
  • is_11456036t.jpg
    is_11456036t.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 164
Congratulations! I'm sure the parents are just thrilled. :)

Ingrid Alexandra will be one day the queen of Norway and the baby who is a boy will not. So for the first time in Norway especially since 1905 there will be in the future a new branch of the royal family like the Kent or the Gloucester in UK.

LaMinka said:
from Isifa.... sorry for the size

who's waving from the hospital, LaMinka? hospital staffs?
i see blonde woman (but i could be wrong)

bernard lachaise said:
Ingrid Alexandra will be one day the queen of Norway and the baby who is a boy will not. So for the first time in Norway especially since 1905 there will be in the future a new branch of the royal family like the Kent or the Gloucester in UK.

I guess the situation is similar to Harald & Sonja who had a girl first then a boy...
but this time it's different.. Norway is going to have a Queen, and the little baby boy will remain a Prince :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom