Ingrid Alexandra's first day at nursery school/daycare

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The O.C. Fanatic said:
I'm like in love with her eyes. Wow she's going to school already - smart cookie.
Children begin attending school in Norway at the age of six (it used to be seven, but they changed it a few years back). Ingrid is attending non-mandatory daycare kindergarten, without class-rooms.

Unrelated: I think it is nice that they have these events for the photographers. Then Ingrid gets used to being in the spotlight on big occasions, has her freedom when she plays, and the photographers get pictures of the royal family without getting into disagreements.

Ingrid Alexandra is so cute with her little lunch box! I think it's great that she is going to kindergarten already... :)

norwegianne said:
Children begin attending school in Norway at the age of six (it used to be seven, but they changed it a few years back). Ingrid is attending non-mandatory daycare kindergarten, without class-rooms.

Unrelated: I think it is nice that they have these events for the photographers. Then Ingrid gets used to being in the spotlight on big occasions, has her freedom when she plays, and the photographers get pictures of the royal family without getting into disagreements.

Here in Ireland Children go to Playschool around 3 years old and then start school at 4 0r 5 years old, it depends when their birthday falls. Would they learn to count at Kindergarden?

Nice to see Ingrid with her parents, they seem such a loving family. Mette-Marit looks beautiful, motherhood really suits her.

In holland children must go to school at a age of 4 years old. just like in Ireland.

mirrjam said:
In holland children must go to school at a age of 4 years old. just like in Ireland.

Yes, that's true. But I thought you were allowed to put your child in kindergarten way earlier. I remember going to kindergarten when I was 2 or 3 years old. It wasn't all week, only two days or something like that and my parents decided that it was good for me to meet with other children too (since I was the eldest and my sister wasn't yet born or still very little). Maybe M-M and Haakon thought the same for I-A. :)

Does anyone have the pic when MM cuddles I-A in the first video, it's soooo sweet! and I'd like to see it.

Thanks! ;)

I think kindergarten will be good for Ingrid Alexandra She'll learn new social skills and by able to spend time with "normal' kids her own age.

Love the photos thanks for posting them.

Iam sorry.How old is she?Thanks.:) ;)

ingrid very cute and play with their toys but i cant imagine about that little girls going nursery school at 2 years old but we should let her wait till about 4 years old can go but that CP couple's choice for Ingrid to go nursery school when i was 5 years old i go kindgarten school but i wanted to limit ages for child to enter as pre-school or kindgarten or nursery school no matter for CP couples what wanted it

sara1981 said:
ingrid very cute and play with their toys but i cant imagine about that little girls going nursery school at 2 years old but we should let her wait till about 4 years old can go but that CP couple's choice for Ingrid to go nursery school when i was 5 years old i go kindgarten school but i wanted to limit ages for child to enter as pre-school or kindgarten or nursery school no matter for CP couples what wanted it
Sara, the Norwegian version of nursery school is much more like a daycare center than actual school. Ingrid Alexandra may learn things, like colours, numbers and such, there in time, but the basic principle of it all is for her to meet other children.

This is probably a great chance for Ingrid to be around other kids and just be a normal kid. As she gets older, her classmates will all be aware of the fact that she is a future queen.

norwegianne said:
Sara, the Norwegian version of nursery school is much more like a daycare center than actual school. Ingrid Alexandra may learn things, like colours, numbers and such, there in time, but the basic principle of it all is for her to meet other children.
In France we have kind of pre-school for kids aged from 2 to 5/6. It's a school with the same hours than normal school but children are playing here, hearing stories by the teacher, learning things by playing, like numbers, colours, letters of alphabet (in last year), behaving themselves with others and repering in space, life in community, discovering nature and the world in which they live. They have many activities to improve the way they speak, to discover new words, to learn to talk and hear, to live together with other children, to use their body to express themselves, to develop sensibility/imagination/creation. They discover sport activities, too.
Many children love going to pre-school in France, and it's a very important part in the "growing-up" of the child.

What do Norwegians think about the fact that I-A won't attend a public institution but a privat kindergarten that charges high fees?

I dont think the fee is very high. In Denmark you are going to pay about 1000-2000 kr every moth to get your child in kindergarden

Its not like the public is free, it costs the same, this has been the discussion and one of the main themes in the last two elections (very boring with theese debates for those who does not have children:D ), how much should childcare costs, now they are introducing a maximum fee and its intended that it should be the same in public and private I think, but Im not quite clear on the rules. However it could be atleast twice as expensive some years ago, it was outragous prizes.

betina said:
I dont think the fee is very high. In Denmark you are going to pay about 1000-2000 kr every moth to get your child in kindergarden

Even if it's public? In France there are no official fee to get your child in a public pre-school or school, only fees if you want your child to eat at the school pr for outside activities.

As Larzen said, the cost of the day-care is nearly the same if it is private or state-run. Neither of them are free. The difference between them isn't something Norwegians are likely to get fussy about. Had it been a private school, it would have been an entirely different matter, I think, as it would have been seen as a sign that the Norwegian education system isn't good enough...

norwegianne said:
As Larzen said, the cost of the day-care is nearly the same if it is private or state-run. Neither of them are free. The difference between them isn't something Norwegians are likely to get fussy about. Had it been a private school, it would have been an entirely different matter, I think, as it would have been seen as a sign that the Norwegian education system isn't good enough...

A public school is not free? For us in France it's nearly inbelievable. A public education means for us you don't have to pay to access to it.

Danielane said:
A public school is not free? For us in France it's nearly inbelievable. A public education means for us you don't have to pay to access to it.

Here in Holland you have to pay for daycare too. I know that my uncle and aunt had their two daughters in daycare two or three days a week because of their work schedule and that they had to pay for it (and it wasn't cheap either). But I think daycare is something different than a institute that provides pre-education for little children. But maybe I'm wrong and are those not free accessible anymore too. Maybe my parents even payed for me, way back then. I actually don't know... :eek:
I always see it as a pre-school thing (children have to go to school at age 4, as mirrjam said earlier in this thread), so I don't think it's so weird that you have to pay for it. From the moment your child goes to school, it's been looked after. Before that you have to take care of that part yourself. But hey, I think it's just great how they do it in France. Yet another reason for me for wanting to move there... :p

Danielane said:
Public School is manadatory and ofcourse its free, that is where you start the year you turn 6, its free the first 7+3 years and you have to buy some books next 3 years which are not manadatory, but you dont pay for education.

Public University costs like 50 Euro a semester but there you have to buy the books

Ingrid is not in School, she is in a nurserie/day care center, those are not free and I dont think they ever will be. Noone will be fussed about her going to a private day care center, I agree with Norwegianne that is they chose a private school there would be baluba. Private schools are not uncontrovertial in Norway. Our Education Minister just got him self in a big mess because he withdrew already approved applications to start new privats schools and he wants to make it more difficult to start them.

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Public University costs like 50 Euro a semester but there you have to buy the books

Argh! I have to move to Norway this instant! (I'd probably like it better anyway, I just love the fjords and mountains, it's about time I visit them again...) I have to pay almost 1500 Euro for a year at public University here. And there is no way I could go somewhere in the country where it is cheaper, because almost all Universities are public and that is just what it costs. The first four years of your study you get an allowance, but that isn't that much if you consider that you have to pay your rent and your books too! When you're not that rich you get a little more, it's sort of a loan. I love France, I love Norway! Maybe I should move to France when my future children will be little and go to Norway when it's about time they get a college degree...

But I'm getting way off-topic now. Sorry about that. It's just so frustrating!!! :eek:

Larzen said:
Public School is manadatory and ofcourse its free, that is where you start the year you turn 6, its free the first 7+3 years and you have to buy some books next 3 years which are not manadatory, but you dont pay for education.

Ingrid is not in School, she is in a nurserie/day care center, those are not free and I dont think they ever will be. Noone will be fussed about her going to a private day care center, I agree with Norwegianne that is they chose a private school there would be baluba. Private schools are not uncontrovertial in Norway. Our Education Minister just got him self in a big mess because he withdrew already approved applications to start new privats schools and he wants to make it more difficult to start them.
Ok. I see, we have the same in France for very little kids who goes there till they have the age to go in pre-school. I call it pre-school because it's more simple but it's seen completely like a school. I thought Ingrid was going to a kind of pre-school but I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Maxie said:
Argh! I have to move to Norway this instant! (I'd probably like it better anyway, I just love the fjords and mountains, it's about time I visit them again...) I have to pay almost 1500 Euro for a year at public University here. And there is no way I could go somewhere in the country where it is cheaper, because almost all Universities are public and that is just what it costs. The first four years of your study you get an allowance, but that isn't that much if you consider that you have to pay your rent and your books too! When you're not that rich you get a little more, it's sort of a loan. I love France, I love Norway! Maybe I should move to France when my future children will be little and go to Norway when it's about time they get a college degree...

But I'm getting way off-topic now. Sorry about that. It's just so frustrating!!! :eek:

I've paid 400 euros to be inscripted at the University, but at least half of that was for "social security" (don't know how to translate). I must pay the books, the photocopies cards (very expensive when you have a 100-page work to make in your year), and lot of "little things".

Danielane said:

Again in the scandinavian countries is kindergarden not a pre-school. Its a place where your kids can be while the parents are at work.
At the year of 6 they start in public or private school. The public school is FREE and the private is not.

In Italy, the daycares are called asilo nido and private and public ones are not free, they cost a lot, like 345 euro (public ones) and (430 euro) the private ones. Those are for kids from 5 months to 3 years old. Then after three they go to Scuola materna (like a preschool) and that one is not mandatory, it is not free but cost a little less. Then the school is free but you pay food and books (I dont remember what else).

Did Mette-Marit ask Ingrid if she wanted to go home at the end of the NRK video? I thought it was so cute how Ingrid muttered something and then they decided to go home.

Well, I am amazed. I haven't really followed Ingrid Alexandra but I have watched the video of her first day at school and I've found a real love for the little Princess. She's quite amazing. So sweet and clever. She just seems so perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom