Ingrid Alexandra's Birthday: Pictures and Articles (all years)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a child she is very regal and dignified looking.

Wow she is quite lovely. I quite like the black and white photo. She definitely can pull off the dignified royal look when needed but still a child :flowers:

Love the B&W of IA, it is beautiful. And yes she can look very distinguished.

Ingrid-Alexandra is a very beautiful young lady. She looks very dignified and appears to carry herself quite regally. I love the birthday pictures.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I could be wrong but she is wearing the same dress in at least 2, the two you posted, she just has a sweater over it in the BW doesn't she? The third one the top is white but not close enough to see if it has the sash, so it may or may not be the same dress as the other photos which only show the upper part.

Can't believe it's only one more year and she's a teenager!!!!!

Happy birthday to IA, one more year of pre-teen, hard to believe.

IA is a pretty girl, I can see both Haakon and MM in her face.

Wow the Princess is getting so grown up and the image of her father!

Wow, thirteen already! Time really does fly. I hope she had a lovely birthday. Ingrid Alexandra is blossoming into a pretty young lady. I think she looks like a mixture of her parents; her eyes are like Mette-Marit's but she also has a resemblance to Haakon.

I see something of Queen Sonja in her looks as well. Very pretty girl. :flowers:

Last edited:
Very nice for private use of the RF, but IMO totally unappropriate as official ones. This is nothing comparing the birthday photos in Denmark, especially those taken of Nikolai and Felix, where the other brother has always been included in one or two pics of the series!

Thanks polyesco! :flowers:

Articles from Royal Central and Norway Today:

Crown Prince Haakon takes 14th birthday photos of daughter Princess Ingrid Alexandra – Royal Central
Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway is celebrating her 14th birthday today, and in celebration, the Royal Court of Norway released two new pictures of the teenage princess late last evening.

The images were taken by her proud father, Crown Prince Haakon outside their home at the Skaugum estate this month. The Princess is pictured in deep snow in one image and climbing a tree in another.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra celebrates her 14th birthday - Norway Today
Youth school student, Asker girl and princess, Ingrid Alexandra turns 14 today, Sunday and she is at the threshold of her largest international exposure thus far.

Her birthday will be celebrated privately, NTB is informed by Assistant Communications Manager Sven Gjeruldsen from the Palace.

This has been the case for most of the birthdays of both princess Ingrid Alexandra and her brother, Prince Sverre Magnus. The Crown Prince wants to give his children a sheltered upbringing, balanced with being in the spotlight and the attention through public missions, especially for the princess, who is number two in line to the Norwegian throne after father, Crown Prince Haakon.

NRK article with google translation:
Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra fyller 14 år - translation

I love the new photos and it was nice that Haakon took them! I can't believe Ingrid Alexandra is fourteen already. It looks very snowy in Norway at the moment.

Great photos. Shows some real personality for the little teenager :flowers:

Not sure why it is inappropriate for them not to include her brother :ermm: It is her birthday photo. Other then Nikolai/Felix, I don't recall other royal children's birthday photos (the Swedish kids, Cambridge kids, Leonor of Spain) including the sibling. Its a birthday photo.

Ingrid Alexandra looks very much like her grandmother, Queen Sonia.
I like these new pictures, taken by Haakon. I like especially that images were taken outside.

Last edited:
She has stunning eyes!

And to be honest - I am happy that she is alone on the picture. Not alone its HER birthday, I doubt that Sverre (or/and his faces) would have been a win on it.

She has stunning eyes!

And to be honest - I am happy that she is alone on the picture. Not alone its HER birthday, I doubt that Sverre (or/and his faces) would have been a win on it.

I agree. I don't understand why some people are disappointed at the absence of Sverre Magnus. It's not his birthday after all, and it doesn't seem fair to include siblings in birthday photos when it's meant to be the birthday boy or girl's special day.

Back
Top Bottom