Ingrid Alexandra's Baptism

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
Ingrid Alexandra will be baptized on Saturday April 17th in the Royal Chapel in Oslo. Bishop Gunnar Stålsett will officiate.

Originally posted by norwegianne@Feb 13th, 2004 - 9:04 am
Ingrid Alexandra will be baptized on Saturday April 17th in the Royal Chapel in Oslo. Bishop Gunnar Stålsett will officiate.
Oki who will be atending the baptism from the RF in Denmark ?
And who will be her goodparents??

from aftenposten.no

Royal christening set

Princess Ingrid Alexandra, daughter to Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit, will be christened on Saturday, April 17. Bishop Gunnar Staalsett will officiate in a ceremony at the palace chapel. The infant princess' godparents will not be announced until just before, or on, the day of the baptism.

Protocol around the royal christening will be a source of speculation, from who will carry the little princess to what robe she will wear.

Tradition indicates that Princess Ingrid Alexandra will have only royal godparents, but her parents could break this convention and choose from friends or family on both sides.

Maud Angelica, daughter to Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn was borne to the font by grandfather King Harald, while Crown Prince Haakon was carried by his mother, now Queen Sonja.

The christening robe is likely to be the one used by all descendants of King Olav. This garment was sewn by Princess Ingeborg, and is embroidered with the names of all the children that have worn it.

The christening will probably be a more formal, official occasion than Maud Angelica's, since Ingrid Alexandra is an heir to the throne

VG has an article with the list of godparents.

Link: Article

The godparents will be King Harald, Princess Martha Louise, Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Felipe, Crown Princess Victoria and Marit Tjessem.

Official Press Release: http://www.kongehuset.no/

A good choice...great that also somebody of MM´s family will be godparent. But what I don´t like is, that cp Frederik and cp Felipe will be godparents...but don´t have time to come to the baptism. I mean Ingrid Alexandra will be only one time baptised in her life...and IMO it isn´t a too tall order to appear!

I have heard that Frederik won't be attending, but I hadn't heard anything about Felipe not attending.

Well the only one we know won't be coming is Crown Prince Frederik. Felipe is still in the dark... as far as I know. He might be busy, but I still haven't heard anything saying that he can't come.

I found Felipe to be a surprising choice, but an interesting one. The rest of them were fairly unsurprising... at least to me.

Since there were royal mourning in Scandinavia for Gustaf Adolf of Sweden when Haakon was baptized two of his sponsors, Margethe & Carl Gustav didn't attend. So it's not uncommon.

Will her grandfarther on her morther side be atending the baptism ?? :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Originally posted by norwegianne@Apr 12th, 2004 - 11:46 am
I found Felipe to be a surprising choice, but an interesting one. The rest of them were fairly unsurprising... at least to me.

Why ? Felipe and Haakon have been good friends for a long time. Haakon helped Felipe setting up the meetings with Eva in Oslo, also invited Eva to his Wedding. Eva was neither Haakon's friend nor MM's friend, she was only a friend of his ex-girlfriend.

Originally posted by donnaK@Apr 12th, 2004 - 2:22 pm
Why ? Felipe and Haakon have been good friends for a long time. Haakon helped Felipe setting up the meetings with Eva in Olso, also invited Eva to his Wedding. Eva was neither Haakon's friend nor MM's friend, she was only a friend of his ex-girlfriend.
No, actually Eva and Mette-Marit were friends. I don't know how good friends they were, but Eva and Mette-Marit were friends. That's why it was "convenient" in some ways for Felipe to visit Haakon and his girlfriend/new wife whose friend Eva also used to "conveniently" be around, too.

Well, I wasn't surprised by the fact that Felipe was chosen, as much as by the fact that they chose someone catholic... but I like it.

:flower:

Originally posted by samitude@Apr 12th, 2004 - 11:41 am
I have heard that Frederik won't be attending, but I hadn't heard anything about Felipe not attending.
True...I don´t know for sure, if Felipe attends or not... but as it isn´t mentioned in the norwegian articles, I guess he doesn´t attend... I´ve looked at the homepage of the spanish court, there´s nothing mentioned...but it surely could be, that the court doesn´t announce future dates out of security-reasons (ETA)... but I hope he will attend, and I hope Letizia will be with him...to be honest I just want to see, how Letizia deals with little kids. In the current pictures (of the easter-holidays of the spanish RF) she didn´t seem particularly interested in Elena´s and Christina´s kids...but I have to admit, that also (my prefered "new" crown princess) Mary hasn´t shown her qualities as "nanny of the nation" so far...

Originally posted by Alexandria@Apr 12th, 2004 - 1:30 pm

No, actually Eva and Mette-Marit were friends. I don't know how good friends they were, but Eva and Mette-Marit were friends. That's why it was "convenient" in some ways for Felipe to visit Haakon and his girlfriend/new wife whose friend Eva also used to "conveniently" be around, too.
[/quote]
I only know Eva was a good friend of Catherine who was Haakon's ex-girlfriend. I saw a few pictures of Felipe, Eva and Catherine in the Spanish press when Felipe visited Norway. They also mentioned that Haakon was doing his friend Felipe a favor by inviting Eva to the Wedding. Sure there is chance that Mette-Marit and Eva might become friends later.

:lol: I love your story of the news anchor... isn´t this the perfect question for the next interview with Geroge W. Bush...he probably wouldn´t even mind ;)

Yes, MM (and here we go back to topic) can deal with kids in great way...not every mum plays soccer with her son...on the other hand we just know MM as mother...in her times as "party-girl" she probably wasn´t very interested in kids too. But one can change...yes, I even often forget all the troubles MM and Haakon had before and shortly after their wedding...

I honestly don't know whether or not it will be available to Non-Norwegians. Since it's NRK who will be broadcasting it, they'll probably put out a copy of it on their web-tv. They tend to do that with important events. (At least ever since they shut down the transmissions for Norwegians living in other parts of the world...)

Don't know about dress-code, but it will be at noon. And since they wanted a theme as Norwegian as possible, probably a lot of Bunads going around, both for males and females. At least those not royal will probably wear that, if they have one.

The guest-list will be released on Thursday by the palace, or at least it was stated that it'll be ready by then. I guess we'll know whether or not Felipe will be attending then.

Originally posted by ennyllorac@Apr 13th, 2004 - 7:25 am
Why isn't frederick attending?
He don´t have the time to attending the baptism in norway becaus he are going to be marryed in May and ther are alot og plans to do and alot of meatings to attend for him and Mary.
Thats the reason ;)

By the way his name is not Frederick But HRH CrownPrince Frederik of Denmark

Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe@Apr 13th, 2004 - 8:36 am
He don´t have the time to attending the baptism in norway becaus he are going to be marryed in May and ther are alot og plans to do and alot of meatings to attend for him and Mary.
Thats the reason ;)

By the way his name is not Frederick But HRH CrownPrince Frederik of Denmark
Surely Frederik could spare one afternoon to attend the future Queen of Norway's baptism? As someone mentioned, Ingrid Alexandra will only be baptised once in her life. I really don't know how involved Frederik is with the wedding plans. I'm sure that he and Mary make some decisions but I'm sure that most of it is being handled by the royal court. And even if Frederik and Mary were doing everything themselves, what is one afternoon?

Kind of bummed that Frederik won't be attending. It doesn't take *that* long to fly from Copenhagen to Oslo.

But previous engagements must probably be carried out.

Well, why make noise about Crown Prince Frederik not attending Princess Ingrid's christening when her other Crown Prince sponsor - Felipe - won't attend her christening either ?

The norwegian royal court informed nrk about both men's absence.

Edited, but just spelling correction :p

Well, we made noise about Frederik because until King Harald had that interview with NRK today, we didn't know whether or not Felipe would be attending... so it made sense in talking about things we knew, and not speculating on the unknown...

But at least CP Victoria's looking forward to attending according to VG :flower:

GEEZ... What's the point of making them godparents if they won't even show up for the christening.

The points of sponsors/Godparents in the Norwegian church is to be a witness that they have been christened, but more importantly to play a part in their religious upbringing. Pray for the child, teach the child to pray, teach the child about the bible, in short: encourage the children to learn about their faith. Spend time with the child, provide them with a safe upbringing... etc...

I know that when my best-friend and her brother were baptized weeks before we were getting confirmated, my dad stood in for one of her brother's sponsors, because she couldn't be there. So it's no uncommon. (Just slightly tedious for us Royal watchers, this time.)

I believe that the godparents are a good choice. A balance betwenn Crown Princes friends and relatives.

According to VG, Princess Ragnhild will be present.

Travelling back to Norway 14 days after she left...

Guest-list, as seen on kongehuset.no

Gjesteliste ved H.K.H. Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandras dåp

Listen over gjestene som har takket ja til å være tilstede ved Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandras dåp i Slottskapellet lørdag 17. april 2004. En del av gjestene vil også delta ved en etterfølgende lunsj med Deres Majesteter Kongen og Dronningen som vertskap.

Hans Majestet Kongen
Hennes Majestet Dronningen
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsen
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsessen
Marius Borg Høiby
*Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsessen av Sverige
*Prinsesse Märtha Louise
Ari Behn
Prinsesse Ragnhild, fru Lorentzen
Erling S. Lorentzen
Prinsesse Astrid, fru Ferner
Johan Martin Ferner
*Hennes Eksellense Grevinne Ruth av Rosenborg
*Marit Tjessem
Rolf Berntsen
Sven O. Høiby
Espen Høiby
Renate Jonassen
Tuva Høiby
Ina Høiby
Christian Høiby
Kristin Høiby Bjørnøy
Per Olav Bjørnøy
Maria Bjørnøy
Kamilla Bjørnøy
Stine Høiby
anniken Bjørnøy
Per Høiby
Wenke Lindal Høiby
Joachim Høiby
Julie Høiby
**H.K.H. Kronprinsens familie
Cathrine Ferner Johansen
Arild Johansen
Benedikte Ferner
Aage Hvinden
Alexander Ferner
Margrèt Gudmundsdottir
Carl-Christian Ferner
Ann Reksten
Elisabeth Ferner Beckman
Tom Beckman
Karl-Otto Haraldsen
Jasmin Haraldsen
Pia Haraldsen
Ian Swanstrøm
Jan Myhr
Kaare Shetelig
Marte Brunvoll
Gry Shetelig
Dag Swanstrøm
Anne Karine Swanstrøm
Gry-Helen Haraldsen
Rune Klemetsen
Anita Moen
*H.K.H. Kronprinsessens familie
Ellen Johanne Fjælberg
Odd Fjælberg
Brit Sissel Tjessem Junker
Ivar Junker
Janne Cecilie Junker
Tom Ivar Junker
Mette Enger
Elsie Sargeant
John Sargeant
Bjarnhild Bjørnerud
Otto Høiby
Aashild Gabrielsen
Jan Gabrielsen
Jon Petter
Marie C Sargeant
Bente Fjælberg
Egil Jacobsen
Nicholas Mark Sargeant
Jan Fjælberg
Wenche T.M. Fjælberg
Kari Elisabeth Sargeant
*Det Kongelige Hoff
Hoffsjef Lars Petter Forberg
Brit Forberg
Kabinettssekretær Berit Tversland
Bjørn Tore Kjesbu
Hoffintendant Lise Harlem
Informasjonssjef Wenche Rasch
Slottsforvalter Ragnar Osnes
Sjef for DD.KK.HH. Kronprinsparets stab Gry Mølleskog
Sjef H.M. Kongens adjutantstab, brigader Ulf E. Husebø
Informasjonsrådgiver Sven Gj. Gjeruldsen
*H.M. Kongens vakthavende adjutant, orlogskaptein Per Hermann Bodal
H.K.H. Kronprinsens adjutant, kapteinløytnant Anders Flågen
Barnepedagog Maria F. B. Sikkeland
Hoffdame Anne B. Heje
*Kungliga Hovstaterna
Informasjonssjef Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg
*Corps diplomatique
H.E. Sudans ambassadør Charles Manyang d'Awol
Yom Dau D'Awol
H.E. Sveriges ambassadør Mats Ringborg
Catharina Ringborg
*St. Olavs Ordens Storkorsinnehaver
Hoffsjef Kåre Langlete
*Stortingets presidentskap
Stortingets president Jørgen Kosmo
Anne-Lise Kosmo
Stortingets visepresident Inge Lønning
Kari Lønning
Lagtingets visepresident Odd Holten
Berit Aaberg Holten
*Regjeringen
Statsminister Kjell Magne Bondevik
Bjørg Bondevik
Utenriksminister Jan Petersen
Vesla Petersen
Statsråd Per-Kristian Foss
Jan Erik Knarbakk
Statsråd Dagfinn Høybråten
Jorunn Karin Høybråten
Statsråd Lars Sponheim
Mette Sponheim
Statsråd Odd Einar Dørum
Randi Øverland
Statsråd Valgerd Svarstad Haugland
Geir Haugland
Statsråd Hilde Frafjord Johnson
Statsråd Einar Steensnæs
Liv Steensnæs
Statsråd Kristin Clemet
Michael Tetzschner
Statsråd Svein Ludvigsen
Kirsti Norum Ludvigsen
Statsråd Ingjerd Schou
Petter Schou
Statsråd Ansgar Gabrielsen
Lisbeth Gabrielsen
Statsråd Torild Skogsholm
Sigurd Bjørnstad
Statsråd Morten A. Meyer
Birgit Nordby
*Høyesterett
Høyesterettsjustitiarius Tore Schei
Kristine Schei
*Parlamentariske ledere
Stortingsrepresentant Jens Stoltenberg
Ingrid Schulerud
Stortingsrepresentant Oddvar Nilsen
Torill Nilsen
Stortingsrepresentant Carl I. Hagen
Eli Hagen
Stortingsrepresentant Kristin Halvorsen
Charlo Halvorsen
Stortingsrepresentant Jon Lilletun
Anne-Berit Lilletun
Stortingsrepresentant Marit Arnstad
Stortingsrepresentant Trine Skei Grande
Stortingsrepresentant Steinar Bastesen
**Offisielle Norge og sentrale myndigheter
Sametingets visepresident Ragnhild L. Nystad
Regjeringsråd Nina Frisak
Øystein Dahle
Utenriksråd Bjarne Lindstrøm
Berit Lindstrøm
Forsvarsjef, general Sigurd Frisvold
Eva Frisvold
Biskop Gunnar Stålsett, Oslo
Unn Stålsett
Biskop Finn Wagle, Nidaros
Ellen Mediaas Wagle
Domprost Olav Dag Hauge
Tonhild Strand Hauge
Sogneprest Øyvind Backer, Asker
Sidsel Backer
****Politidirektør Ingelin Killengreen
John Killengreen
Politimester Anstein Gjengedal
Kari Gjengedal
Politiavdelingssjef Derek Strøm-Normann
*Fylkesmann Mona Røkke, Vestfold
Fylkesmann Tora Aasland, Rogaland
Tarald Oma
Fylkesmann Kåre Gjønnes, Sør-Trøndelag
Inger Lill Gjønnes
Fylkesmann Sigbjørn Johnsen, Hedmark
Helle L. Johnsen
Fylkesmann Hans J. Røsjordet, Oslo og Akershus
Kirsten E. Røsjordet
*Fylkesordfører Hildur Horn Øien, Akershus fylkeskommune
Jarle Øien
Fylkesordfører Thore Westermoen, Vest-Agder fylkeskommune
Hilda Westermoen
Ordfører Morten Strand, Asker kommune
Else Marie Strand
Ordfører Per Ditlev-Simonsen, Oslo kommune
Turi Ditlev-Simonsen
Ordfører Jan Oddvar Skisland, Kristiansand kommune
Anne Valen Senstad Skisland
Kommunestyremedlem Bjørg Wallevik, Kristiansand kommune
Oddmund Wallevik
Rådmann Bernhard Geicke, Asker kommune
Berit Sissel Åsnes
Rådmann Tor Sommerseth, Kristiansand kommune
Heidi Sommerseth
*Kommunenes Sentralforbund - Arbeidsutvalget
Kommunestyremedlem Halvdan Skard, Bærum kommune
Fylkestingsmedlem Odd Arild Kvaløy, Rogaland fylkeskommune
Tørny Kvaløy
Varaordfører Åge Rosnes, Askøy kommune
Ingvild Hakestad
Varaordfører Bjørg Tysdal Moe, Stavanger kommune
Eirik Moe
Fylkestingsmedlem Ulf Leirstein, Østfold fylkeskommune
Lene Langemyr
*Lege
Overlege, professor Jan Petter Blomhoff
nelma Blomhoff
*Organisasjoner
President Jens Ulltveit- Moe, NHO
LO-leder Gerd-Liv Valla
Rektor Arild Underdal, Universitetet i Oslo
Else Underdal
Generalsekretær Edle D. Skjæveland, Landsrådet for Norges Barne- og ungdomsorganisasjoner
Lars Kveli
Leder Azhar Iqbal, Pakistansk forening Norge
Asia Iqbal
Leder Arnfinn Løyning, Norges Kristne Råd
Gro Løyning
Leder Jan Benj. Rødner, Samarbeidsrådet for tros- og livssynssamfunn
Bente Rødner
*Venner
Morten Andreassen
Anita Skjong
Linda Tånevik
Hege Aasgaard
Marit Wahlstedt
Claes Åbyolm
*Silje Skrondal
Ingeborg Utkilen Lægreid
Lars Lægreid
Marianne Gjellestad
Kent A. Spade
Pia Nodeland
Kaj-Martin Georgsen
Per Härdmark
Ole Edvard Reitan
Sverre Simonsen
Nils Jørgen Fimland
Nora Blaasvær
Hans Olav Kvalvaag
Camilla Smith
Anders Stenhagen
Asta Ellingsen
Anne Marit Austbø
Bjørn Steinsland
Karin Grieg Tidemand
Otto Grieg Tidemand
Anita Krogh
Lars Krogh
Ilmi Horn
Hans Horn
Yvonne Stenersen
Wanda Ditlev-Simonsen
Mariann Astrup
Elin Gerrard
John Gerrard
Mette Johannesen
Lars Johannesen
Eleonore Sibbern
Val Sibbern
Eirik Johannesen
Margrethe Lund Bergersen
Truls Bergersen
Rikshospitalet
Professor Thomas Åbyholm
Professor Babil Stray-Pedersen
Overjordmor Bente Rønnes
Barnepleier Turid Pettersen
* *Presse
Kringkastningsjef John G. Bernander, NRK
Sigrun Bernander
Sjefredaktør Hans Erik Matre, Aftenposten
Kari Engen Matre
Journalist Wibecke Lie, NTB (pool)
Journalist Miriam Grov, ANB (pool)
Journalist Stig Tore Laugen, VG (pool)
Journalist Wenche Fuglehaug, Aftenposten/Fædrelandsvennen (pool)
Journalist Halgeir Opedahl, Dagbladet (pool)
Journalist Per Erik Hagen, Asker og Bærums Budstikke (pool)

Last edited by a moderator:
And it seems like Maud Angelica hasn't been invited, or not accepted her invitation... she's not on the list..

Back
Top Bottom