Ingrid Alexandra's 18th birthday: 21 January, 2022 & birthday celebrations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A question for the Norwegian speaking posters: Is it normal that a politician addresses the guest of honor as "kjære", or is it because of the princess's royal status or age?

Watching the princess's speech, she is indeed extremely relaxed and comfortable as a public speaker.

Kjære means Dear ?

Both Ingrid and Elisabeth looked stunning, regal and queens-in-waiting.

Why was half the procession looking at the ceiling on the way in to the dinner?

All the royal ladies brought their tiara games -- except for Mary (disappointing). The gown selections were a major fail. I'll give some points to MM and Amalia -- the others were just disappointing repeats or, frankly, ugly.

So very disappointed that Christian didn't attend, especially when Estelle, Oscar, and a toddler attended! I don't understand? This dinner was on a Friday --- he'll be back at school on Monday. What's the deal with that?

Why was half the procession looking at the ceiling on the way in to the dinner?
They were looking at this (link).

More photos of the ballroom in post 300 BTW.

They were also looking at the choir at the gallery.

Last edited:
Anyone know why Magnus was not wearing orders but Marius Borg was?

Shaman Durek was beaming. I bet his head nearly exploded meeting so many royals

I think there was a choir singing from a gallery above them
Yup, there was a youth choir on the gallery singing Norwegian folk music (of the formal variety, a traditional upbeat wedding march and another one). Which is not the typical thing to have at these processions, so it was probably quite cool for them all to see.

All the royal ladies brought their tiara games -- except for Mary (disappointing). The gown selections were a major fail. I'll give some points to MM and Amalia -- the others were just disappointing repeats or, frankly, ugly.

So very disappointed that Christian didn't attend, especially when Estelle, Oscar, and a toddler attended! I don't understand? This dinner was on a Friday --- he'll be back at school on Monday. What's the deal with that?
I believe most of the gowns were repeats (certainly on all of the Norwegians), and deliberately so, both today and yesterday. And the menu was meatless. IA is very environmentally conscious, so it was probably on her request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magnus isn't 18 yet.

Because he is not 18 (age of majority)

(Which I see is already answered by the poster JR76.)

Last edited:
:previous: He has the King's silver jubilee medal from 2016.

Video of it here (link).

----------------------

We are live inside the palace for some entertainment (the ball will be private BTW).
Watch the NRK-link in post 300.

Last edited:

Probably because Magnus doesn't have any order yet?

Is there still a life stream going on?
I lost the connection. Please post the link again.

That Heir picture is incomplete without Christian and Leonor.

They are only 16. Charles and Estelle's presence in the picture notwithstanding, they are still too young for that kind of event.

Speaking of toddlers, Prince Charles of Luxembourg just turned two. As handsome and adorable as he looked in his little suit I was surprised that his parents brought him to the birthday Gala.

The closest to Charles age-wise would be Oscar of Sweden and even Oscar is a little too old to hang out with.

Where were Oscar and Charles seated at dinner I wonder?

:previous: It won't start before after midnight (40-min from now, so not that strange).

Obviously Ingrid Alexandra and the Norwegian Royal Family have wanted them to come to the celebration, otherwise they would have not invited them. And Ingrid Alexandra has wanted to pose with the heirs present.

Estelle på officiell galamiddag firade Ingrid Alexandra
Wow! Victoria skiner vid Daniels sida på galafesten _*Svensk Dam

I am pretty sure they were invited, but that doesn't mean that the Danish or Spanish royal families have to agree that their attendance would be appropriate.

In the British royal family for example, I-A's counterpart would be the Duke of Cambridge (second in line), but maybe his presence at such an event is considered below his level of seniority.

Not all royal houses are necessarily as informal as the Norwegians.

:previous: It won't start before after midnight (40-min from now, so not that strange).

No I understand, I just wished to see Haakon and IA dancing, hopefully they will release some pictures (I am an old romantic fool)

Back
Top Bottom