Ingrid Alexandra's 18th birthday: 21 January, 2022 & birthday celebrations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be honest I don't think these gatherings are really Queen Letizia's cup of tea and add the presence of Crown Princess Marie Chantal and I assume hell will freeze over quicker.

She should really sort out her Issues with Marie Chantal. Perhaps someone has to enclose them in a broom closet and not open again until they have made piece with each other. They don't need to be friends but this doesn't mean they have to avoide each others presence at such gatherings.

Touchè - you are right. But the Maltese diadem is only unflattering, so to speak, in its present form, with the 3 crosses on the front. The way it was originally worn by Queen Maud, it looked superbly regal!
Maybe reagal but still ugly There was really soemting miessing between that corsses. The best it is when only the base is worn.

Last edited by a moderator:
She should really sort out her Issues with Marie Chantal. Perhaps someone has to enclose them in a broom closet and not open again until they have made piece with each other. They don't need to be friends but this doesn't mean they have to avoide each others presence at such gatherings.

I think it is more the press making things up. Queen Mathilde is without King Philippe, it is just a personal choice and Letizia was not in the picture when Ingrid Alexandra's parents married so she maybw has a less close relationship.

Transcript of Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre's speech to Princess Ingrid Alexandra at last evening's official dinner:

https://www.regjeringen.no/no/aktue...ale-til-prinsesse-ingrid-alexandra/id2919378/

The Royal Court's article on the new official photographs:

https://www.royalcourt.no/nyhet.html?tid=212491&sek=27262

[...]

The photographs were taken in the Upper Vestibule at the Royal Palace.

The Princess is wearing a diamond and pearl tiara that has been passed down from Princess Ingeborg of Sweden, who was the grandmother of His Majesty The King and the great-great-grandmother of Princess Ingrid Alexandra.

[...]

Princess Ingrid Alexandra is wearing the Grand Cross of the Order of St Olav and His Majesty King Harald V’s House order (portrait brooch), which were conferred on her by the King on her 18th birthday on 21 January, 2022. This is the first time the Princess is wearing the decorations. She is also wearing miniatures of the Order of St Olav, the Royal House of Norway Centenary Medal and His Majesty King Harald V’s Jubilee Medal 1991 – 2016.

Sonja is wearing Big Bird! All is right with the world.

New group photo
Pic

Photo of the heirs
Pic

Sonja is wearing Big Bird! All is right with the world.

Really. has she still not given up wearing that one. But there is a coincidence. She also wore a yellow dress for Haakon's 18th birthday Gala.

Really. has she still not given up wearing that one. But there is a coincidence. She also wore a yellow dress for Haakon's 18th birthday Gala.

One does have to admit there is something special about a dress with its own name. And it is festive. And she has way uglier ones. ;)

Ingrid looks truly magical.

Also, I don't know what the band at the Palace is playing as people arrive, but it's nice.

Last edited:
Lovely photo! I-A looks great in purple! And can I say that her older brother looks fantastic in white tie!! What a handsome young man!

Looking forward to seeing all the arrivals.

This post will change during the evening:

Oh my lord, photo taken this evening - VG-article (link).

-----------------

Watch the live-links in post 300.

-----------------

The guests are arriving at the palace.

The prime minister arrives at the palace, praising Ingrid again on the way in.

Republican politicians praises Ingrid on the way in.
(Not surprising since most of them really like the King and the RF, but don't agree with having a hereditary head of state).

We have live-pictures from the ballroom.

In contrast to the gala dinner during the Regent-Couple's 80th birthday celebrations in 2017, the media are not allowed to cover the greetings in the hall of mirrors.

The Høibys (the family of CP MM) are walking through the ballroom.

Many friends of Ingrid are walking through the ballroom.

Last edited:
Do you think there will also be a tiara for Maud Angelica?

There is a photo of Ingrid, Estelle, Amalia, Elisabeth, and Charles.

Holy cow Estelle looks very grown up! At least 12. :cool:

(Can someone shop Leonor in? Sigh.)

They released a photo of IA, Elisabeth, CA, Estelle and tiny Charles. Adorable.

There is a photo of Ingrid, Estelle, Amalia, Elisabeth, and Charles.

Holy cow Estelle looks very grown up! At least 12. :cool:

Elssabeth in a quiet big tiara And Amalia in the pearl button. But not sure if with the pearl or the stars.

Is that a new tiara on the duchess of Brabant?

The pic with all the future sovereigns is fantastic! Estelle is thrilled to be included with the big girls, and little Charles is adorable!

The pic with all the future sovereigns is fantastic! Estelle is thrilled to be included with the big girls, and little Charles is adorable!

What a shame that Princess Leonor was not there with them.

Queen Letizia and Marie Chantal have already coincided in public events, they were at the memorial for Prince Philip of Edinburgh, unfortunately, I have the feeling that they have no relationship, and even worse, their husbands, they do not appear to have a good relationship, that is sad :sad::sad:.King Felipe is the godfather of the baptism, his attendance is justified, and I imagine that Queen Letizia will not go attend because she has events on her agenda. The reason for her non-attendance is not Marie Chantal.

Group photo with the royal guests. Daniel has got a Norwegian order.
Pic

Here's a gallery of the guests arriving
TT Nyhetsbyrån

Last edited:
Ingrid Alexandra's tiara is as expected, I think. After they announced that she was given this tiara for her birthday it was kind of obvious. Why else would they have announced it.
I think that Amalia is wearing the star version of the button tiara. I'm a bit surprised, but the Dutch have so many to choose from, and it's a nice not to her mother.
Elisabeth, now that is a real surprise, at least for me. ? A new tiara, and quite a big one, though I'm not yet sure if I like it.
What is Estelle wearing? A headband?

Brrr... Hanging hair + diadem often is no success and that is proven by the Princess of Orange.

The birthday girl and the Duchess of Brabant look fantastic.

Queen Máxima with the collier consisting of thickstone rectangular diamonds and a lower setting of the Diadem with the so-called House Diamonds, she is packing out for the event.

To be honest I´m not impressed so far.. The biggest surprise Mary wearing the Midnight Tiara..

Princess Ingrid Alexandra is very beautiful, and the tiara is magnificent.
Duchess of Brabant wearing a new tiara. What will be the story of this tiara?
What is that in Estelle's head? a tiara?
I also like the tiara chosen by Princess Catharina-Amalia.

Back
Top Bottom