Ingrid Alexandra's 18th birthday: 21 January, 2022 & birthday celebrations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just need the Spanish to confirm now that either Felipe or Leitizia will be bringing Leonor with them.

We just need the Spanish to confirm now that either Felipe or Leitizia will be bringing Leonor with them.
That would be great. But i think she would not wear a tiara as she is not 18 yet.

Quite an event for IA who is not even Crownprincess.
Wonder why the other coming-of-age celebrations of E and A or V (back in 1995) were much more low key.

Quite an event for IA who is not even Crownprincess.
Wonder why the other coming-of-age celebrations of E and A or V (back in 1995) were much more low key.

I think these are down to how specific monarches deal with the matter.

The Royal Court of Norway published the guest list for Friday’s Gala Dinner in Oslo

Looks like the Greeks are descending on Oslo en masse!

Last edited by a moderator:
Norway are the only monarchy doing white tie celebration for coming of age for heir and non heir (Haakon and Martha Louise). So yes it depends on the monarchies.

The Royal Court of Norway published the guest list for Friday’s Gala Dinner in Oslo

V&D will bring Estelle and Oscar and G&S will bring little Charles:clap: Not surprised to see the absence of BRF. :closedeye

From Spain goes King Felipe VI. I am sorry that Queen Letizia, Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia are not present.

I don't understand why Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine don't go

Last edited:
V&D will bring Estelle and Oscar and G&S will bring little Charles:clap: Not surprised to see the absence of BRF. :closedeye

That Estelle and Oscar are at the guest list, is no surprise, since the Swedish Royal Court told in January, that they were going to attend with their parents to the birthday party, which was then postponed.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...ay-21-january-2022-a-49074-5.html#post2448594

Shaman Durek is at the guest list too.
Offisielle gjester ved Kongeparets gallamiddag - Det norske kongehus

Last edited:

The NRF are not as close with the BRF as they once were...

I once read an interview with Princess Astrid where she straight to the point said that and that the only members of the british royal family they have any private contact with today are the Earl and Countess of Wessex (and they may already be busy with royal ascot or other engagements)

Norway are the only monarchy doing white tie celebration for coming of age for heir and non heir (Haakon and Martha Louise). So yes it depends on the monarchies.
Denmark had also a white white tie Gala Dinner when Crown Prince Frederik turned 18. We will see next years if it also done for the second in line.

From Spain goes King Felipe VI. I am sorry that Queen Letizia, Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia are not present.

I don't understand why Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine don't go

Maybe both CP Mary and Queen Letizia feel that their children should not attend a gala dinner before they turn 18.

King Felipe VI probably had to go as he is one of Ingrid Alexandra's godparents. Still, the presence of the King of Spain alone without his consort will unfortunately feed the trolls in the Spanish gossip press who have been pushing the story that Letizia doesn't get along with other European royals and avoids those kinds of gatherings. To make things worse, she and Felipe already missed King Harald V's 80th birthday gala.

The NRF are not as close with the BRF as they once were...

I once read an interview with Princess Astrid where she straight to the point said that and that the only members of the british royal family they have any private contact with today are the Earl and Countess of Wessex (and they may already be busy with royal ascot or other engagements)

I am not sure that is quite true. Harald and Sonja visit the BRF privately from time to time. A fewyears ago Queen Sonja and Camilla together visited Maggie's, a cancer charity of which Camilla is Patron, in Scotland.

I don’t under stand taking 6 year olds and esp.toddlers to these sorts things though even if they have nannies waiting the wings.

I am not sure that is quite true. Harald and Sonja visit the BRF privately from time to time. A fewyears ago Queen Sonja and Camilla together visited Maggie's, a cancer charity of which Camilla is Patron, in Scotland.

I must admit i was a bit surprised that Astrid said that... I have no doubt that they see each other from time to time. Harald and Sonja have always been close to the older generation, and Astrid is even older...

Maybe the point was that the younger generation is not that close. That could very well be true... Friendships isn’t always inherited from the parental generation

I don’t know if i really see the point in bringing Estelle, Oscar and Charles to that event... They are children... Charles even a baby...

I hope they don’t have to attend the gala dinner itself.

I must admit i was a bit surprised that Astrid said that... I have no doubt that they see each other from time to time. Harald and Sonja have always been close to the older generation, and Astrid is even older...

Maybe the point was that the younger generation is not that close. That could very well be true... Friendships isn’t always inherited from the parental generation

The older generation also has a closer degree of kinship. For example, KIng Harald V is Queen Elizabeth II's second cousin, but Prince William is only Ingrid Alexandra's fourth cousin. Besides, in the same degree of kinship, there is a big age gap obviously between, let's say, Charles and Haakon, or William and Ingrid-Alexandra.

The Swedish royal family is a better match agewise with the BRF as Charles is about the same age as King Carl Gustaf, William is the same age as Madeleine (and only a little younger than Victoria), and George is about the same age as Estelle. Unfortunately, it looks like that the two families are not particularly close.

The King more than likely but I doubt we'll see Letizia and daughters.

My, I am excited! All three young future queens wearing their first tiara this week! And I notice that the Pavlos and MC are bringing their kids along. The focus is clearly on the young generation getting together.

My, I am excited! All three young future queens wearing their first tiara this week! And I notice that the Pavlos and MC are bringing their kids along. The focus is clearly on the young generation getting together.

Achileas-Andreas is only a little over one year older than Elisabeth of Belgium, but I don't know if they have ever met.

Its nice to see so many Royals and especially the new generation at this event.. I just dream it, but I really would like to see a picture with Ingrid, Elisabet and Catharina Amalia. Three future Queens.. For me its shameful Queen Letizia will not attend, I understand the absence of Leonor (return home from Wales same day) and Sofia but not for the Queen of Spain..

Thank you for linking directly to the complete guestlist for the second dinner.

Offisielle gjester ved Kongeparets gallamiddag

Listen over kongelige og gjester fra det offisielle Norge som har takket ja til å være til stede ved Deres Majesteter Kongen og Dronningens gallamiddag i anledning Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandras 18-årsdag på Det kongelige slott fredag 17. juni 2022 er klar.

Hans Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsen
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsessen
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra
Marius Borg Høiby
Prins Sverre Magnus
Prinsesse Märtha Louise
Durek Verrett
Maud Angelica Behn
Leah Isadora Behn
Emma Tallulah Behn
Prinsesse Astrid, fru Ferner
Marit Tjessem

Danmark

Hans Kongelige Høyhet Kronprins Frederik
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsesse Mary

Sverige

Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsesse Victoria
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Prins Daniel
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Estelle
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Prins Oscar

Nederland

Hans Majestet Kong Willem-Alexander
Hennes Majestet Dronning Maxima
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Catharina-Amalia – Fyrstinne av Oranien

Belgia

Hennes Majestet Dronning Mathilde
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Elisabeth – Hertuginne av Brabant

Spania

Hans Majestet Kong Felipe

Luxembourg

Hans Kongelige Høyhet Arvestorhertug Guillaume
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Arvestorhertuginne Stéphanie
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Prins Charles

Øvrige Kongelige

Hans Kongelige Høyhet Kronprins Pavlos – Hertug av Sparta
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Marie-Chantal
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Olympia
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Prins Constantine
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Prins Aristides
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Prins Kyril
Katharine Jibba Butler
Hennes Høyhet Prinsesse Mafalda-Cecilia Preslavska
Hennes Høyhet Prinsesse Olimpia Preslavska
Hans Høyhet Prins Tassilo
Rosario Nadal

Det offisielle Norge

Stortingets President Masud Gharahkhani
Statsminister Jonas Gahr Støre
Høyesterettsjustitiarius Toril Marie Øie
Statsråd Trygve Slagsvold Vedum
Utenriksminister Anniken Huitfeldt
Statsråd Anne Beate Tvinnereim
Statsråd Bjørn Arild Gram
Statsråd Kjersti Toppe
Statsråd Sigbjørn Gjelsvik
Statsråd Marte Mjøs Persen
Statsråd Sandra Borch
Statsråd Emilie Enger Mehl
Statsråd Terje Aasland
Parlamentarisk leder Rigmor Aasrud
Parlamentarisk leder Erna Solberg
Parlamentarisk leder Sylvi Listhaug
Parlamentarisk leder Marit Arnstad
Parlamentarisk leder Guri Melby
Parlamentarisk leder Une Bastholm
Stortingsrepresentant Irene Ojala
Plenumsleder Tom Sottinen
Ekspedisjonssjef Tormod C. Endresen
Statsforvalter Per Arne Olsen
Ordfører Marianne Borgen
Ordfører Jonas Andersen Sayed
Forsvarssjef, general Eirik Kristoffersen
Politidirektør Benedicte Bjørnland
Biskop og Preses i Den norske kirke Olav Fykse Tveit
Leder i Samarbeidsrådet for tros- og livssyssamfunn STL, Trond Enger
Styreleder Islamsk Råd Norge, Abdirahman Diriye
Utenriksråd Tore Hattrem

Norske organisasjoner

Styreleder Margrete Bjørge Katanasho - Landsrådet for Norges barne- og ungdomsorganisasjoner, LNU
Styreleder Ingvild Melvær Hanssen - Miljøagentene
President i brettforbundet Ola Keul - Brettforbundet
Frikjører Hedvig Wessel - Skiforbundet
Leder Edvard Botterli Udnæs - Elevorganisasjonen
Leiar Frida Pernille Mikkelsen - Norsk målungdom
Generalsekretær Ingvild Østli - Unge funksjonshemmede
Leder Jane-Victorius G. Bonsaksen - Skeiv ungdom
Redaktør Sumaya Jirde Ali - Feminist/FETT
Kunstner Sandra Mujinga
Leder landsrådet Solveig Ugland - Norges Røde kors ungdom
Generalsekretær Karoline Andaur - WWF
Leder Naja Amanda Lynge Møretrø - Changemaker Norge
Leiar Landsstyre Anna Nes - DNT ung
Leder Elle Rávdná Näkkäläjärvi - Sametingets ungdomspolitiske utvalg

Det diplomatiske korps

Ambassadør Daw Maw Maw
Ambassadør Ulla Cecilia Björner
Ambassadør Louise Bang Jespersen
Ambassadør Henri Schumacher

Øvrige gjester er familie og venner.​

Notice how, unlike some foreign royal courts, the Royal Court's guestlist styles foreign royals as for example "His Majesty King Willem-Alexander", not "His Majesty The King of the Netherlands". And it does not recognize deposed royals as representatives of the states their families formerly ruled.

In terms of the order of precedence, it is interesting that Marius Borg Høiby takes precedence over Prince Sverre Magnus, Princess Märtha Louise and Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner. Also interesting: The President of the Storting (Parliament) ranks ahead of the Prime Minister.

I wonder why it was originally reported that Durek Verrett wouldn't be attending.

I wonder how much overlap exists between the selection of representatives of organizations who will be guests at the government dinner on the 16th and those who will be guests at the palace dinner on the 17th. Has a guestlist for the government dinner been released yet?

Interesting that the chairperson of the Islamic Council is listed under "Official Norway" and not "Norwegian Organizations". Do religions other than the Church of Norway have official standing in Norway?

Can someone identify the countries that the four ambassadors represent?

Last edited:
For me its shameful Queen Letizia will not attend, I understand the absence of Leonor (return home from Wales same day) and Sofia but not for the Queen of Spain..

I also find it a pitiy that Queen letizia doesn't go, but if Leonor returns home on that day from Wales that may be the reason.

Thank you for linking directly to the complete guestlist for the second dinner.
Offisielle gjester ved Kongeparets gallamiddag

Listen over kongelige og gjester fra det offisielle Norge som har takket ja til å være til stede ved Deres Majesteter Kongen og Dronningens gallamiddag i anledning Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandras 18-årsdag på Det kongelige slott fredag 17. juni 2022 er klar.

Hans Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsen
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsessen
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra
Marius Borg Høiby
Prins Sverre Magnus
Prinsesse Märtha Louise
Durek Verrett
Maud Angelica Behn
Leah Isadora Behn
Emma Tallulah Behn
Prinsesse Astrid, fru Ferner
Marit Tjessem

Danmark

Hans Kongelige Høyhet Kronprins Frederik
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsesse Mary

Sverige

Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsesse Victoria
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Prins Daniel
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Estelle
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Prins Oscar

Nederland

Hans Majestet Kong Willem-Alexander
Hennes Majestet Dronning Maxima
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Catharina-Amalia – Fyrstinne av Oranien

Belgia

Hennes Majestet Dronning Mathilde
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Elisabeth – Hertuginne av Brabant

Spania

Hans Majestet Kong Felipe

Luxembourg

Hans Kongelige Høyhet Arvestorhertug Guillaume
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Arvestorhertuginne Stéphanie
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Prins Charles

Øvrige Kongelige

Hans Kongelige Høyhet Kronprins Pavlos – Hertug av Sparta
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Marie-Chantal
Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Olympia
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Prins Constantine
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Prins Aristides
Hans Kongelige Høyhet Prins Kyril
Katharine Jibba Butler
Hennes Høyhet Prinsesse Mafalda-Cecilia Preslavska
Hennes Høyhet Prinsesse Olimpia Preslavska
Hans Høyhet Prins Tassilo
Rosario Nadal

Det offisielle Norge

Stortingets President Masud Gharahkhani
Statsminister Jonas Gahr Støre
Høyesterettsjustitiarius Toril Marie Øie
Statsråd Trygve Slagsvold Vedum
Utenriksminister Anniken Huitfeldt
Statsråd Anne Beate Tvinnereim
Statsråd Bjørn Arild Gram
Statsråd Kjersti Toppe
Statsråd Sigbjørn Gjelsvik
Statsråd Marte Mjøs Persen
Statsråd Sandra Borch
Statsråd Emilie Enger Mehl
Statsråd Terje Aasland
Parlamentarisk leder Rigmor Aasrud
Parlamentarisk leder Erna Solberg
Parlamentarisk leder Sylvi Listhaug
Parlamentarisk leder Marit Arnstad
Parlamentarisk leder Guri Melby
Parlamentarisk leder Une Bastholm
Stortingsrepresentant Irene Ojala
Plenumsleder Tom Sottinen
Ekspedisjonssjef Tormod C. Endresen
Statsforvalter Per Arne Olsen
Ordfører Marianne Borgen
Ordfører Jonas Andersen Sayed
Forsvarssjef, general Eirik Kristoffersen
Politidirektør Benedicte Bjørnland
Biskop og Preses i Den norske kirke Olav Fykse Tveit
Leder i Samarbeidsrådet for tros- og livssyssamfunn STL, Trond Enger
Styreleder Islamsk Råd Norge, Abdirahman Diriye
Utenriksråd Tore Hattrem

Norske organisasjoner

Styreleder Margrete Bjørge Katanasho - Landsrådet for Norges barne- og ungdomsorganisasjoner, LNU
Styreleder Ingvild Melvær Hanssen - Miljøagentene
President i brettforbundet Ola Keul - Brettforbundet
Frikjører Hedvig Wessel - Skiforbundet
Leder Edvard Botterli Udnæs - Elevorganisasjonen
Leiar Frida Pernille Mikkelsen - Norsk målungdom
Generalsekretær Ingvild Østli - Unge funksjonshemmede
Leder Jane-Victorius G. Bonsaksen - Skeiv ungdom
Redaktør Sumaya Jirde Ali - Feminist/FETT
Kunstner Sandra Mujinga
Leder landsrådet Solveig Ugland - Norges Røde kors ungdom
Generalsekretær Karoline Andaur - WWF
Leder Naja Amanda Lynge Møretrø - Changemaker Norge
Leiar Landsstyre Anna Nes - DNT ung
Leder Elle Rávdná Näkkäläjärvi - Sametingets ungdomspolitiske utvalg

Det diplomatiske korps

Ambassadør Daw Maw Maw

Øvrige gjester er familie og venner.​
Notice how, unlike some foreign royal courts, the Royal Court's guestlist styles foreign royals as for example "His Majesty King Willem-Alexander", not "His Majesty The King of the Netherlands". And it does not recognize deposed royals as representatives of the states their families formerly ruled.

Nonetheless, the Norwegian court refers to Pavlos as "Crown Prince" and "Duke of Sparta", which are both titles that are not currently recognized by the Hellenic Republic.

In my opinion, it is not diplomatically correct to refer to HM The King of the Netherlands and HM The King of Spain as "HM King Willem-Alexander" and "HM King Felipe". Besides, if they wanted to use their regnal names rather than their official titles, Felipe would be "HM King Felipe VI", not "HM King Felipe".

Its nice to see so many Royals and especially the new generation at this event.. I just dream it, but I really would like to see a picture with Ingrid, Elisabet and Catharina Amalia. Three future Queens.. For me its shameful Queen Letizia will not attend, I understand the absence of Leonor (return home from Wales same day) and Sofia but not for the Queen of Spain..

Diplomatically I don't think the attendance of any Head of State is required since it is a birthday celebration for the second in line to the throne only. Accordingly, neither the Queen of Denmark, nor the King of Sweden, nor the Grand Duke of Luxembourg or the King of the Belgians will attend. As I said, I suppose King Felipe VI is attending as Ingrid Alexandra's godfather, more so than as the King of Spain. Although it is odd that Queen Letizia won't be accompanying him, I don't think her presence is required either.

Last edited:
So, quite a few Greeks and Bulgarians as well!

And I doubt that the children will attend the full gala dinner; so, I wonder whether we should read that as that they are accompanying their parents during the visit and probably attend some pre-gala activity?

In terms of the order of precedence, it is interesting that Marius Borg Høiby takes precedence over Prince Sverre Magnus, Princess Märtha Louise and Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner. Also interesting: The President of the Storting (Parliament) ranks ahead of the Prime Minister.

In Norway the President of Parliament is, like the Speaker of the Parliament in Sweden, only outranked by the Head of State. Thus it's correct that they're placed ahead of the Prime Minister.

Achileas-Andreas is only a little over one year older than Elisabeth of Belgium, but I don't know if they have ever met.

Achileas won' t attend. But I wonder what a toddler and a 14 year old are doing at a Gala dinner? (Charles and Aristidis or Estelle/ Oscar.

Will Mafalda bring her new husband along?
I was very surprised that obviously none of the Greeks were attending her wedding but Mette Marit...

Ambassadør Daw Maw Maw

Can someone identify the countries that the four ambassadors represent?

Ambassadør Daw Maw Maw, Ambassador of Myanmar to Norway, the Doyen of the Diplomatic Corps in Norway
Ambassadør Ulla Cecilia Björner, Ambassador of Sweden to Norway
Ambassadør Louise Bang Jespersen, Ambassador of Denmark to Norway
Ambassadør Henri Schumacher, Ambassador of Luxembourg to Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland (resident in Denmark)

I didn't expect to see Letizia there but its good that the king at least makes the effort at these events.

Back
Top Bottom