Ingrid Alexandra's 18th birthday: 21 January, 2022 & birthday celebrations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If there's any Spanish presence I feel it will be just the king himself.
At the moment no one will attend. Both the King and Queen have other events on the agenda for june 17th..

Last edited:
Does that mean that the Danish older children will also go to the party

At the moment no one will attend. Both the King and Queen have other events on the agenda for june 17th..
Then it seem unlikely that they will attend. Perhaps there is a little Chance oif the Events are in the morning. Would have been better it the norwegian RH would have scheudled the Gala Dinner for Saturday instead of a weekday.

Does that mean that the Danish older children will also go to the party

At the moment no one is attending as nothing has been added to the DRF calendar nor has an announcement been posted. Given Frederik is one of her godparents, I would be shocked if at least he didn't go..but you'd think there would be something on the calendar at this point given there is less than a week to the event.

Last edited:
The calendar for the Spanish Royal Family has not been updated yet. I think Felipe will go as Ingrid's godfather. Not sure about Leonor, but she is probably back in Spain (I think her classes finished in May). I think this is a nice opportunity for all the young generation to hang out, so I hope she goes.

Final day of class for first year students (including Leonor and Alexia) is June 17. Coaches to London Heathrow leave at 10 pm on Friday the 17th and 8 am on Saturday the 18th. All students must have left by 10 am on the 18th See their Calendar.

I personally cannot wait for this event. I-A is such a beauty.;)

Final day of class for first year students (including Leonor and Alexia) is June 17. Coaches to London Heathrow leave at 10 pm on Friday the 17th and 8 am on Saturday the 18th. All students must have left by 10 am on the 18th See their Calendar.

I imagine the Spanish embassy might arrange separate transportation for the Princess of Asturias , so she doesn’t necessarily have to share a coach to Heathrow with the other students.

May be a get together of the young royals of Europe (princess Amalia of the Netherlands, princess Elizabeth, prince Gabriel of Belgium, prince Christian of Denmark etc etc etc and the rest of the young royals of Europe, just to get to know each other????

So, from the young royals, only Amalia is scheduled to go (so far). I wonder if Elisabeth will go too. Not sure when is her final day of class.

We know that Haakon and Mette-Marit are personally befriended with the Dutch royal couple. They and their children have had holidays together. Maybe that is why there is such a "presence" from the Netherlands.

Still waiting for any type of confirmation from the Danish royals. Frederik is one of her godparents. I'd be shocked if Mary and Frederik did not attend. But nothing has been added to the DRF calendar and it is less than a week away. Cannot fathom why such a big event would not already be confirmed for the Danish royals.

The Office of the Prime Minister issued a press release about the official dinner hosted by the Government on Thursday, June 16.

https://www.regjeringen.no/no/aktue...e-ingrid-alexandras-myndighetsdag2/id2917843/

A translation of the first section (corrections welcome):

The celebration of HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra's coming of age on 21 January was postponed because of the pandemic, but on Thursday 16 June she will receive her birthday present from the government: An official dinner with cultural elements at Deichman Main Library Bjørvika.

"At last, we will celebrate the Princess's coming of age. At the same time, we will be celebrating an important milestone in Norwegian history, because Princess Ingrid Alexandra is the first female heir to the throne. I am delighted to welcome our guests from across the country", says Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre.

The Government will be host of the dinner. The Parliament and Supreme Court will also be represented, along with guests from all sectors of society with various interests and outlooks. Importance was given to inviting young representatives of sports, culture, society, politics, and organizations.

"These are people who will contribute to creating the country that the Princess will join in leading in the future. They constitute a cross-section of today's Norway, and part of our gift to the Princess is that she will be able to celebrate with them,"
says Støre.

In addition, she will receive a cultural program which will link Norway's history to its present and future. The cultural performances will narrate something of the history of the country which the Princess and her generation will help to shape.

The artists who will take part in the official dinner are actress Ina Svenningdal, artist Delara, the Norwegian Girls' Choir, artist Eva Weel Skram, writer Lars Saabye Christensen, the Akershus Mobile Theater and artist Hkeem. The Torshovkorps will play at Anne Cath Vestlys plaza outside Deichman.

The guestlist comprises 202 representatives from across the country. 25 young people from all the counties in the country are specially invited.

The press release includes a detailed schedule of the evening. Major events:

17:10 Arrival of the first guests. Members of the Cabinet will be present.
17:30 Arrival of the 25 young representatives from the counties.
18:10 Arrival of the prime minister.
18:25 Arrival of the royal family, greeted by the prime minister and mayors. The prime minister accompanies the Princess as they are greeted by the young representatives. The Torshorvkorps and the choirs provide music.
18:35 Ina Svenningdal, Delara, and the Norwegian Girls' Choir perform.
19:00 Official dinner.
19:08 The prime minister delivers a speech to the Princess.
19:47 HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra delivers a speech.
19:52 Eva Weel Skram performs.
20:36 Lars Saabye Christensen performs.
21:06 Akershus Mobile Theater, Hkeem and the Norwegian Girls' Choir perform.
21:25 Royal family leaves Deichman.

Deichman Bjørvika is Oslo's main public library.

Inviting the future queen to meet with individuals who are expected to be leaders in Norwegian public life during her reign seems like a brilliant idea.

Still waiting for any type of confirmation from the Danish royals. Frederik is one of her godparents. I'd be shocked if Mary and Frederik did not attend. But nothing has been added to the DRF calendar and it is less than a week away. Cannot fathom why such a big event would not already be confirmed for the Danish royals.

I also find it strange that the Royal House of Denmark has not yet confirmed the presence of Frederik and Mary.
Frederik and Mary are friends with Haakon and Mette-Marit. But I am also awaiting confirmation from the Royal House of Denmark.

I also find it strange that the Royal House of Denmark has not yet confirmed the presence of Frederik and Mary.
Frederik and Mary are friends with Haakon and Mette-Marit. But I am also awaiting confirmation from the Royal House of Denmark.
What's strange is that neither of them have engagements during those 2 days. If they had other events listed then they wouldn't go. But nothing at all, which means they're free.

Unless, they want to take Christian with them but are waiting for some "good to go". Maybe he has an exam pending? Or is waiting for the results?

EDIT:
We will find out when they release the guest list the day before.

Last edited:
Will Märtha Louises daughters attend the birthday party?

I guess no one from the Belgian Royal Family is to attend. Philippe is in Romania and there is nothing mentioned about Mathilde. Also there won't be any spanish guests in Norway. The royal couple is busy at this day.

Oh my. I'm too excited and have to stop to take a deep breath.

That is a big surprise! Will the Duchess of Brabant wear a tiara?

As the dresscode is white tie she should be wearing one for the first time like the Princess of Orange and the birthday girl.

Back
Top Bottom