Ingrid Alexandra's 18th birthday: 21 January, 2022 & birthday celebrations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What was that? A private party for the young crowd only? Was it the day after the gala dinner perhaps?

Haven't seen the picture but Amalia had an activity on Sunday (early) morning in The Hague, so I assume they traveled back on Saturday. Maybe it took place after the government dinner on Thursday? Or it was an after-party on Friday?

Last edited:
Se og Hør writes that Ingrid Alexandra's boyfriend was also invited to the party. Se og Hør knows that they have been together for a long time.
The editor-in-chief also explains why they publish the news.
Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandras hemmelige kjæreste avslørt

According to Se og Hør, the princess' boyfriend is called Magnus.
In a paid article in the magazine are more information and photos of Princess Ingrid Alexandra's boyfriend:
https://www.seher.no/kongelig/han-er-ingrid-alexandras-hemmelige-kjaereste/76410084

https://www.seher.no/images/7641325...croph=100&width=632&height=841&compression=80

He is a very handsome young man(if the photo is correct) but I agree with muriel.

I hope the tabloid press will butt out and leave them in peace.

He is a very handsome young man(if the photo is correct) but I agree with muriel.

I hope the tabloid press will butt out and leave them in peace.

If he is indeed 22 and they have been dating for a while, then he was dating Ingrid Alexandra when she was still a minor, which is not a problem per se, but might raise some eyebrows.

Normally I would agree that the press should respect her private life, especially if it is just a teenage thing but, if the relationship is more serious than that, I think the public, as they say in the English-speaking countries, "has a right to know" and the press has "a duty to inform" considering that Ingrid-Alexandra is in direct line to the throne.

Ingrid-Alexandra won't ascend to the throne for many many years. She is 18 and allowed a private life. It really is no one's business at this point who she is dating tbh. It is not like she is heading towards a marriage with this person at this. I truly hope she is left in peace and that this tabloid "press" don't start to hound her with telephoto lenses everywhere she goes.

Given her age, I doubt it's serious.

Maybe, maybe not. But I wouldn't automatically drag her age into it. I always find that a preconception, he/she is young so it's not serious. Love can be strong even when young. Time will tell in Ingrid Alexandra's case.

I was surprised to read that she apparently has a boyfriend at all - and apparently also for quite some time, if what this magazine says is true.
Again, time will tell.

Maybe, maybe not. But I wouldn't automatically drag her age into it. I always find that a preconception, he/she is young so it's not serious. Love can be strong even when young. Time will tell in Ingrid-Alexandra's case.

I was surprised to read that she apparently has a boyfriend at all - and apparently also for quite some time, if what this magazine says is true.
Again, time will tell.

In any case - she made a smashing tiara debut!

It is not for us to comment on whether the relationship is serious or not, time will tell. But what I do feel strongly about is the need to protect her privacy, and the space to conduct her private life without press intrusion.

So now that she is 18, it's open season on her private life for the gossip press? :ermm:

If this boy has indeed been her boyfriend for a while, that might be what a teenager considers a serious relationship, but it doesn't mean serious as in leading to marriage.

For most of the young Princesses, their teenage boyfriends will probably not end up being their consorts. And even if it turned out the relationships were very serious and long-lasting, there would still be time to report on these boys in a couple of years...

It's so important for everyone to make regular teenage experiences and I really wish these girls (and boys) would just be left to it.

Obviously royals' relationships will always be reported on, but does it really need to start quite so young? Ingrid may be legally an adult now, but she's still just a young girl attending high school...

It is not for us to comment on whether the relationship is serious or not, time will tell. But what I do feel strongly about is the need to protect her privacy, and the space to conduct her private life without press intrusion.

That is basically what I said, time will tell. I only said that I find it too easy to say that it probably isn't that serious due to her age. Like teenagers don't know anything.
Her privacy is most important indeed.

So now that she is 18, it's open season on her private life for the gossip press? :ermm:

If this boy has indeed been her boyfriend for a while, that might be what a teenager considers a serious relationship, but it doesn't mean serious as in leading to marriage.

For most of the young Princesses, their teenage boyfriends will probably not end up being their consorts. And even if it turned out the relationships were very serious and long-lasting, there would still be time to report on these boys in a couple of years...

It's so important for everyone to make regular teenage experiences and I really wish these girls (and boys) would just be left to it.

Obviously royals' relationships will always be reported on, but does it really need to start quite so young? Ingrid may be legally an adult now, but she's still just a young girl attending high school...

We are outsiders so we do not know and we cannot know. Some people marry their first love.

In Ingrid's case this probably won't be the case, but I dislike it when young love is generally treated like puppy love and therefore not to be taken seriously.
In any case, the experience is important.

That is basically what I said, time will tell. I only said that I find it too easy to say that it probably isn't that serious due to her age. Like teenagers don't know anything.
Her privacy is most important indeed.

We are outsiders so we do not know and we cannot know. Some people marry their first love.

In Ingrid's case this probably won't be the case, but I dislike it when young love is generally treated like puppy love and therefore not to be taken seriously.
In any case, the experience is important.

AFAIR, Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark was 18 (just as Ingrid Alexandra now) when she married King Konstantin II of Greece (who was 24 then).

Last edited:
This is a thread about Princess Ingrid Alexandra's birthday and birthday celebrations, please get back to the topic of this thread. Thank you!

Nina Berglund of Newsinenglish.no translated several passages from the prime minister's and princess's speeches from the dinner at Deichman Bjørvika. (See post #492 for full transcripts which can be used with Google Translate etc..)

Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre's speech:

Prime Minister Støre said in his opening remarks that “we’re celebrating a completely ordinary birthday, and an historic day for the nation.” He noted that Ingrid Alexandra was “born as the first female heir to the throne in the kingdom’s history,” and her important birthday came during a pandemic (forcing a five-month postponement of the official celebration). A month later war broke out in Europe, the continent faces an energy crisis, many elsewhere are facing a hunger crisis and the entire planet is in the midst of a climate crisis. He cited Nordal Grieg’s poem aimed at youth and urging them to “go into your time.”

“Your time has enough drama,” Støre said, “but in uncertain times, the nation has seen how the royal family knows how to go into their own time. They have understood their roles, as unifying and inclusive.” [...]

“You nave a valuable heritage to take care of,” Støre told the princess from the podium, “but have confidence that you shall go your own way, in combination with tradition and renewal.” He also noted that the library venue was chosen because it also combines tradition with renewal, as a new, state-of-the-art building while guests dined on plates and used silverware from the historic Akershus Fortress and Castle. The renovated waterfront area of Bjørvika where Deichman is located is also, Støre noted, the site of where Oslo’s history began more than a thousand years ago.

“You enter a long line of many strong women who have formed Norway, but you shall do it in your own way,” Støre said. “I’m confident that it will be wise.”

Princess Ingrid Alexandra's speech:

“Tusen takk (literally, a thousand thanks) for this fantastic celebration,” [...] “Thanks to everyone who has contributed towards making this evening a wonderful experience for me.”

“You all welcomed me so much when I visited the three branches of power in connection with my myndighetsdag (her 18th birthday when Norwegians gain legal authority and responsibility).” She said the visits “were really a reminder of how lucky we are here in Norway, and a reminder of our democracy and the secure system we have. It’s been built up for a long time and we continue to develop it, and protect it, every day.”

[...]

The princess said she felt “very lucky to have grown up in a country where we have confidence in one another and were we together try to find good solutions. Confidence isn’t created by individual people, politicians or institutions alone. It’s created by all of us, working together. I’m glad I can share in that with all of you who are here today, and with everyone who lives in our country.”

The News in English article on the library dinner also touches on controversy surrounding the choice of venue:

The princess was likely aware of complaints in social media, from library employees and from a city politician for the Reds Party about how her celebration had forced the closure on Thursday of Oslo’s still-new Deichman Bjørvika Library for security and logistical reasons. The leader of one of the library’s employee organizations called it “embarrassing,” while others suggested it reflected a need by the library to lease out areas to generate income. Newspaper Dagbladet editorialized that it was a “tone-deaf birthday celebration” for an heir to the throne that defied how libraries have been hailed as the homes of democracy. “The exception being made here violated that principle,” the paper wrote.

“The more I’ve thought about that, the more irritated I get,” Sofia Rana, who represents the Reds on the Oslo City Council, told newspaper Dagsavisen. The new, large and popular library “shouldn’t have been closed to the public “just so a few privileged persons can drink champagne and eat canapés,” Rana added. “Many students and youth use Deichman every day. It’s a beautiful cultural building and I can understand that the government wanted to invite for a grand dinner there, but they could have found another place. Wasn’t the Akershus Fortress available?”

https://www.newsinenglish.no/2022/06/17/government-hails-norways-future-queen/

https://www.newsinenglish.no/2022/06/17/posh-party-for-the-princess/

Last edited:
Once again this thread had to be cleaned up. Further off topic posts will be removed without notice.

Back
Top Bottom