Ingrid Alexandra ,Sverre Magnus and Marius: discussion 2006 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would she get a car for her 18th birthday. Do we know if she even is working on her drivers licence?

Why would she get a car for her 18th birthday. Do we know if she even is working on her drivers licence?

Because that has been tradition beforehand.

But the NRF has now decided, after some public pressure, to decline such gifts as they are seen as inappropriate in regards to associating the NRF with commercial businesses - as well as being environmentally unsound. - But you won't get far within a reasonable time in Norway on bicycle! So it's IMO a case of the Law of Jante or Tall Poppy Syndrome.

The Royal teens Heiresses and Heir are busily preparing for life.

Elizabeth of Brabant studied in Wales , Leonor is definitely going abroad, CA is most likely not and Prince Christian most likely will... But what about IA? What’s the most likely plan for further training?

Elizabeth of Brabant studied in Wales , Leonor is definitely going abroad, CA is most likely not and Prince Christian most likely will... But what about IA? What’s the most likely plan for further training?

She went to an international school; I assume that was a conscious decision to expose her to a wider variety of people and prepare her for her role with an international profile.

And Christian did go to an international school in Verbier for a few months (which most likely was not only about the international experience but also about maximizing skiing opportunities).

Amalia might go abroad taking either a gap year or do part of her university studies abroad but I personally see little reason for teenagers (in high school) to move abroad if they are doing perfectly fine in their home country.

I don't think all heirs need to study abroad just because others are doing it. It has to be right for them and their situation.

IA might decide to study abroad for uni like her father where she can be more anonymous but she also might wish to stay closer to home because of her mother's health or because that's her personal preference. I don't think one has to study elsewhere in order to learn to be a successful constitutional monarch.

William simply took a gap year for example.

I really don't think Ingrid Alexandra will attend boarding school abroad, since she changed schools (from Oslo International School to a public Norwegian secondary school) with the specific intention of getting a Norwegian secondary education.

I think it is likely that she will study abroad in the course of her university education, as her father and grandfather did.

I think it is likely that she will study abroad in the course of her university education, as her father and grandfather did.

The Norwegian Royal Family is rather small and the King very old, the future Queen suffering from a chronic disease... The future Crown Princess should go immediately abroad - now or never! Because she might be needed in an official role at home really soon.

Last edited:
The Norwegian Royal Family is rather small and the King very old, the future Queen suffering from a chronic disease... The future Crown Princess should go immediately abroad - now or never! Because she might be needed in an official role at home really soon.

The royal family has always been quite small.

When Haakon went to school in the US, it was his father and mother on the throne. His grandfather had died in 1991. His sister was not a working royal. Beyond his parents the only working royal would have been Astrid. For now her father has his wife and mother for support, if Harald dies in the next few years.

Ingrid is already 17. College is not a long time off for her anyways. So we're not talking a long wait if she decides to study abroad for at least part of it.

IA might decide to study abroad for uni like her father where she can be more anonymous but she also might wish to stay closer to home because of her mother's health or because that's her personal preference. I don't think one has to study elsewhere in order to learn to be a successful constitutional monarch.

If shestudiesybroad but want's not to be too faraway from home she could choose an University somewhere in Europeas fromthere she would be sooner hiome then for example the US.

Ingrid is already 17. College is not a long time off for her anyways. So we're not talking a long wait if she decides to study abroad for at least part of it.

My, how time flies! 17 already?

But my point stands: She should travel as soon as possible!

To be honest I am surprised they havent been married yet as in Norway people tend to marry at a young age.

Prince Sverre Magnus starts high school:

"Prince Sverre Magnus will start at Elvebakken upper secondary school in Oslo this autumn, on the line Information Technology and Media Production (IM).

The education provides both opportunities for apprenticeships and trade certificates as well as study competence."

https://www.kongehuset.no/artikkel.html?tid=187979&sek=112472

Ingrid and her brother in that upper secondary school which opportunities they have in the future? Does marius has upper school graduation?

Ingrid and her brother in that upper secondary school which opportunities they have in the future? Does marius has upper school graduation?

Their upper secondary school is apparently deemed quite prestigious albeit it is a public school. Marius graduated from a private upper secondary school.

I am certain that Magnus and Marius will have as many opportunities as they wish for, bearing in mind that they are/will be expected to earn their own living, whereas the expectation is that Ingrid will be a working royal throughout her life. The course in which Magnus will be enrolled is intended mainly to prepare students for vocational training, while the courses in which his older siblings were enrolled were intended to prepare students for university entrance.

Last edited:
Marius decided not to attend university, however, correct? Whereas it's almost compulsory for Ingrid.

Does marius have an university degree? Ingrid is going to end her upper secondary this year?

Marius attended university in the United States but departed after several months.

As a general rule, Norwegian students begin secondary school at the age of sixteen and graduate in three years.

To be honest I am surprised they havent been married yet as in Norway people tend to marry at a young age.

Currently, the average age for a first opposite-sex marriage in Norway is 36.7 years for men and 34.1 years for women.

https://www.ssb.no/en/ekteskap

All the same, I am not sure Marius and Juliane Snekkestad have it in mind to wait to that age. The Royal House treats them as if they are engaged, and Marius is aware of the example of his mother, who gave birth to him at 23 and married his stepfather at 28. Moreover, given the serious health issues experienced by Crown Princess Mette-Marit, I wonder if it may be important to the couple to have their wedding (if they plan to marry) take place while her health remains strong enough for her to participate fully.

Marius attended university in the United States but departed after several months.

As a general rule, Norwegian students begin secondary school at the age of sixteen and graduate in three years.

Where can i see that information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom