The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 09-05-2020, 05:28 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,871
It's nice to see that Sverre Magnus had his confirmation with who I presume are his classmates/other teens at a local church group. I like that the guests are all wearing traditional bunads too.
Strange that no masks are worn inside the church - what is the policy in Norway?
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #362  
Old 09-05-2020, 05:57 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 4,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It's nice to see that Sverre Magnus had his confirmation with who I presume are his classmates/other teens at a local church group. I like that the guests are all wearing traditional bunads too.
Strange that no masks are worn inside the church - what is the policy in Norway?
Norwegian authorities temporarily recommend the use of masks when using public transport in, to and from Oslo on occasions when it's not to maintain a distance of 1 m. Besides that, and if you have to interact with someone infected, there are no recommendations to use face masks.
  #363  
Old 09-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 3,217
[QUOTE=wartenberg7;2340592]This is a nice one, although I find it sad that Magnus didn´t wear national costume, as Queen Sonja told last year every grandchild will receive one for his/ her confirmation from her and the King.
https://gfx.nrk.no/MQiow-jPMa9BHIdrf...8E5It87UGA.jpg

It may be that not all the other children have the national costume available to them.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #364  
Old 09-05-2020, 07:08 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,904
[QUOTE=ladongas;2340648]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
This is a nice one, although I find it sad that Magnus didn´t wear national costume, as Queen Sonja told last year every grandchild will receive one for his/ her confirmation from her and the King.
https://gfx.nrk.no/MQiow-jPMa9BHIdrf...8E5It87UGA.jpg

It may be that not all the other children have the national costume available to them.
He was wearing a white robe over his clothes like all the others. He could have simply worn his costume under the robe.

The kids aren't wearing identical clothes under their robes. The robes are the uniformity of the ceremony.
  #365  
Old 09-06-2020, 01:10 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,818
Princess I grid Alexandra received gifts from her royal godparents. These were displayed as well. I have not seen gifts from Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, the Crown Prince of Greece and the Princess of Turnovo? Maybe they wish to hand these over on own person, once?
  #366  
Old 09-06-2020, 02:29 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,927
BB has an article about Marius girlfriend and she is indeed pretty.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...te-marits-soen

However, I notice that she is seen wearing a bunad that is different from the one she wore at Ingrid's confirmation.

How is that?

Was the bunad she wore previously a "confirmation/young-bunad"? While the one she wore this weekend is an "adult-bunad"? I.e. an unmarried versus married bunad. (It's far from unusual that folk-costumes differ in that respect.) But she is only engaged?

I mean a bunad is not the cheapest outfit to have in your wardrobe! Yet, do some people have several?
  #367  
Old 09-06-2020, 03:00 AM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 10,892
It was nice that the confirmation was broadcast. This way people can see the ceremony and part of the interior of the church.
  #368  
Old 09-06-2020, 03:02 AM
Dalriada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 378
Ingrid Alexandra ,Sverre Magnus and Marius: discussion

“Gabbana Banana” just about sums up this young man!
“Live together. Last year, Marius and Juliane bought a home together in her hometown of Tønsberg, 100 kilometers south of Oslo. They also have their two cute dogs, Louie and Gabbana Banana”.
  #369  
Old 09-06-2020, 04:35 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
BB has an article about Marius girlfriend and she is indeed pretty.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...te-marits-soen

However, I notice that she is seen wearing a bunad that is different from the one she wore at Ingrid's confirmation.
How is that?
Was the bunad she wore previously a "confirmation/young-bunad"? While the one she wore this weekend is an "adult-bunad"? I.e. an unmarried versus married bunad. (It's far from unusual that folk-costumes differ in that respect.) But she is only engaged?
I wonder if she is able to move the corners of her mouth upwards and smile at all...(not for cameras, but for meeting her boyfriend´s family or to be present at an occasion like this) ?
As far as I understood the ones being able to afford it, sometimes choose their national costume design depending on the specific regions and communities. They all look different in colour and embroidery. Oslo region costumes for instance look different than those from Asker community. The Crown Princess often wears different ones when being out and about for provintial visits, as she, I´m sure, has been given different "bunads" by local authorities.
It´s a pity the Prince doesn´t seem to be too fond about national costumes as he even stopped wearing it for the national day while his father the Crown Prince keeps on wearing it for the first part of the National Day.
  #370  
Old 09-06-2020, 05:41 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,927
Thanks.

That makes sense.

Yes, a smile usually becomes most people. Also this fair maid I imagine.
  #371  
Old 09-06-2020, 05:44 AM
crm2317's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,727
I wonder why Leah Isadora was the only one of Martha-Louise’s daughters to attend?
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
  #372  
Old 09-06-2020, 05:47 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 4,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I wonder why Leah Isadora was the only one of Martha-Louise’s daughters to attend?
Each confirmand (is that a word?) could invite only 16 guests for the ceremony and according to the Norwegian commentators Magnus chose one cousin from each side of the family.
  #373  
Old 09-06-2020, 06:09 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: -, Antarctica
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
BB has an article about Marius girlfriend and she is indeed pretty.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...te-marits-soen

However, I notice that she is seen wearing a bunad that is different from the one she wore at Ingrid's confirmation.

How is that?

Was the bunad she wore previously a "confirmation/young-bunad"? While the one she wore this weekend is an "adult-bunad"? I.e. an unmarried versus married bunad. (It's far from unusual that folk-costumes differ in that respect.) But she is only engaged?

I mean a bunad is not the cheapest outfit to have in your wardrobe! Yet, do some people have several?
The question is, are those her own, or are they borrowed, perhaps from a relative or a friend? The fit of a bunad is not as important as it is in clothes with a tighter shape, so it's possible that family members borrow from each others. I don't think it has something to do with being married or not, as she is wearing her hair hanging or bare, which is a sign of not being marries, as married women had to cover their hair. The "wreath" on her head in the dark bunad looks more as a festive item, not to mark her as married, as she is wearing her hair down.

The dark bunad seems to be from Öst-Telemark and the ligth blue from Romsdal Bolsöy, from this site selling bunads: https://m.norskebunader.no/nb#
  #374  
Old 09-06-2020, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 5,772
A lovely but low-key ceremony, quite a difference from the confirmation of his sister. Has it been reported how the prince would originally have been confirmed if it were not for the pandemic?

I suppose the number of gifts relating to outdoor activities is meant to underline their significance to the nation's culture and history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Each confirmand (is that a word?) could invite only 16 guests for the ceremony and according to the Norwegian commentators Magnus chose one cousin from each side of the family.
Then did he choose Leah Isadora because they are the closest in age, or is their relationship the closest personally?
  #375  
Old 09-06-2020, 12:40 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,635
I have a question to those scandinavians among here; it occured to me that it was quite a passive affair for the young people being confirmed. It was a pretty "listening and receiving" role for them, wasn`t it? I think it was pretty much the same at Ingrid´s confirmation.

In Germany the confirmands are very often much involved in the planning and what will happen during the service. They are obliged to make an active contribution, such as reading a psalm or a spiritual motto they chose in front of the congregation.
Is this "appearing, sitting and being blessed" common practice in scandinavia or do other parishes differently?


Was there any other reason besides covid-19 regulations that Martha Louise brought only one of her daughters along?
  #376  
Old 09-06-2020, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
The question is, are those her own, or are they borrowed, perhaps from a relative or a friend? The fit of a bunad is not as important as it is in clothes with a tighter shape, so it's possible that family members borrow from each others. I don't think it has something to do with being married or not, as she is wearing her hair hanging or bare, which is a sign of not being marries, as married women had to cover their hair. The "wreath" on her head in the dark bunad looks more as a festive item, not to mark her as married, as she is wearing her hair down.
Are you sure? Ingrid A wore a headpiece both for her own as well as her younger brother´s confirmation (ML´s daughter, too), while the Crown Princess and her sister-in-law were bareheaded...?
Marius´ girlfriend wore a headpiece last year while she didn´t yesterday.
  #377  
Old 09-06-2020, 01:00 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I have a question to those scandinavians among here; it occured to me that it was quite a passive affair for the young people being confirmed. It was a pretty "listening and receiving" role for them, wasn`t it? I think it was pretty much the same at Ingrid´s confirmation.

In Germany the confirmands are very often much involved in the planning and what will happen during the service. They are obliged to make an active contribution, such as reading a psalm or a spiritual motto they chose in front of the congregation.
Is this "appearing, sitting and being blessed" common practice in scandinavia or do other parishes differently?


Was there any other reason besides covid-19 regulations that Martha Louise brought only one of her daughters along?
I'd say that's common practice in Scandinavia. Little show.
  #378  
Old 09-06-2020, 01:58 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 4,477
In the Church of Sweden the youngsters do have a very active part during the confirmation service. After all it's their celebration. There's often a short play, singing, reading of a psalm or a bible word. Usually on certain theme that has been chosen. At my confirmation the theme was Matthew 28:20 "Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." It was we that went out in the crowd and escorted people to the altar to receive the holy communion and as is often the case it was we that collected the offertory.
  #379  
Old 09-06-2020, 02:37 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 15,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
In the Church of Sweden the youngsters do have a very active part during the confirmation service. After all it's their celebration. There's often a short play, singing, reading of a psalm or a bible word. Usually on certain theme that has been chosen. At my confirmation the theme was Matthew 28:20 "Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." It was we that went out in the crowd and escorted people to the altar to receive the holy communion and as is often the case it was we that collected the offertory.
Interesting.

In DK, it's pretty dull actually.
Very Lutheran I'd say.

- It's about God, so no frills.
  #380  
Old 09-06-2020, 03:19 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Are you sure? Ingrid A wore a headpiece both for her own as well as her younger brother´s confirmation (ML´s daughter, too), while the Crown Princess and her sister-in-law were bareheaded...?
Marius´ girlfriend wore a headpiece last year while she didn´t yesterday.

Bunads differ according to region, it hasn't got anything to do with being married or not. This particular headpiece, called hårvippe belongs with the bunad from the region of Telemark. For Sverre Magnus' confirmation Queen Sonja, Ingrid Alexandra, Märtha Louise and Leah wore Telemark bunads. It's the region of origin of Sonja's mother, she usually wears that region's bunad, as does Märtha Louise, and Sonja and Harald gifted Ingrid Alexandra and Leah with Telemark bunads for their confirmations as well.
Märtha Louise usually wears the corresponding headpiece, it was an exception that she did not yesterday. At Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation, Marius' girlfriend also wore a Telemark bunad, thus the headpiece. Yesterday, she wore a bunad that I think is from Vestfold (which is apparently her region of origin). Mette-Marit wore a Kristiansand bunad yesterday (as she usually does) because that's where she is from and the headpiece doesn't go with that bunad.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Christening of Sverre Magnus - March 4, 2006 norwegianne Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 357 08-19-2021 10:34 AM
Photoshoot and interview before Sverre Magnus' christening Ingrid Alexandra Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 25 02-02-2013 04:12 PM
Sverre Magnus: Current Events 2 / January 2006 - December 2006 norwegianne Current Events Archive 176 12-06-2006 01:25 PM
Prince Sverre Magnus Current Events: December 3, 2005 - January 24, 2006 norwegianne Current Events Archive 198 01-24-2006 11:14 AM
Mette-Marit's pregnancy with Sverre Magnus KikkiB Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 498 12-03-2005 03:25 AM




Popular Tags
#princedubai #rashidmrm abolished monarchies all tags america arcadie arcadie claret bevilacqua british caribbean caroline charles iii claret current events danish royal family defunct thrones duarte pio edward vii elizabeth ii emperor naruhito fabio bevilacqua fallen empires genealogy general news grace kelly grimaldi hamdan bin ahmed harry history hollywood hotel room for sale house of gonzaga introduction jewels jordan royal family king king charles king willem-alexander mall coronation day matrilineal monaco monarchy need help new zealand; cyclone gabrielle official visit order of precedence order of the redeemer pamela hicks portugal preferences prince christian princess of orange queen queen camilla queen elizabeth ii queen ena of spain queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima republics restoration royal without thrones silk spain spanish royal family state visit to germany switzerland tiaras visit william


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises