Ingrid Alexandra ,Sverre Magnus and Marius: discussion 2006 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here are some more pics and videos of Ingrid Alexandra's first school day at her new school today, August 19:

(...)

Thanks for the articles.
The NRK webside writes, that IA begin 6.class and Sverre only the 3. ???
According the Svenskdam article they did spend the part of their vacation in Siciliy? Any other news about it?
I found a little bit strange their behavior, they kept big distance to the media, and they looked really unfriendly to the reporters...

Other articles about the schoolstart:
kronprinsesse mette-marit: I Sverige kjenner vi Mette-Marit som «Prinsessen i Prada» - Se og hør
https://translate.google.hu/transla...o/royal/mette-marits-bursdag-73701&edit-text=

http://www.bunte.de/norwegen/mette-marit-von-norwegen-erster-schultag-von-tochter-ingrid-98293.html
https://translate.google.hu/transla...ltag-von-tochter-ingrid-98293.html&edit-text=

Photos:
Princess Ingrid Alexandra's first school day at her new school | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHÄ°ON

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all who posted photos, videos and articles of the children's first day at their new schools. :flowers: Ingrid Alexandra has grown up a lot, as has Sverre Magnus. I found it interesting how both children aren't wearing uniform, considering the fact that they're both attending private schools now. Is it not a 'thing' in Norway? I understand that European schools don't have uniforms in general, although private ones do from what I've seen - Leonor and Sofia in Spain have to wear a uniform, as does Nikolai in Denmark.

I think Ingrid Alexandra is starting to look more and more like Mette-Marit now around her eyes, although the rest of her features still resemble Haakon. Sverre Magnus is all Mette-Marit, IMO.

just curious...why would the change of schools, from public to private, hit a sore note with the public??? And why did the reporter say that "it was the beginning of the end for the monarchy" because of this??? Really? In the past, I always assumed the Monarchy, children of celebrities, well-to-do-, rich people ALWAYS sent their children to private schools. Whats the big deal?? So they want a better education for their children!! If they can afford it, more power to them. Why should they be judged on it???

I was thinking.... scandinavian people and royals seems to speak a very fluent english... So why is there this need of sending her to a english school?:ermm:

And what is the goal of a montessori school?

Last edited:
I also think absolutely ridiculous the attitude of many norwegians because of the fact that Ingrid Alexandra is going to a private school. After all, she is not the only norwegian child that is enrolled in private schools.If her parents can afford it and want a better education for her, why not?

The first day of school for a child attending a new school is also an important day for the parents.
Mother and Father have to know who the various teachers are.

Ehm...don't you think in this case the various teachers have been checked out in advance :lol:

are the other two in private schools too?

P.Sverre-Magnus has started this year at a private school (Montessori), there are several posts with more info earlier in this thread (particularly about the discussion after the two were transferred from public to private schools this year)

Ingrid-Alexandra wears a butterfly-necklace and in the docufilm about MM was always shown butterflies (her twitterside has them too). She said something about her love to these animals, maybe about the change what they make from ugly larva to beautiful butterflies in connection to the change of her life from Miss Hoiby to CP's...

Can you answer or explain better?

Well, it was the first day for the 2 youngsters in a new school, new environment, new children and new teachers. Of course they were, like any other kid, nervous. Any other child would be without any sort of media scrutiny and curiosity! Plus the media is giving their mother a tough time right now. So what reason could there be to look smilingly at the reporters?

just curious...why would the change of schools, from public to private, hit a sore note with the public??? And why did the reporter say that "it was the beginning of the end for the monarchy" because of this??? Really? In the past, I always assumed the Monarchy, children of celebrities, well-to-do-, rich people ALWAYS sent their children to private schools. Whats the big deal?? So they want a better education for their children!! If they can afford it, more power to them. Why should they be judged on it???

Yes, all these questions you ask I ask myself, too!
I can only assume that there are republican forces within the country who search and seize every chance which could weaken the royal family in any way to destabilize the institution. Unfortunately they seem strong enough to start a debate such as this and manage to scandalize certain decisions the crown princely couple has been making.:ermm:

Last edited:
He so looks like his mom.....

Thanks for sharing the photos and article of Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus. :flowers: They look very sweet, and I think the photos might have been taken in the evening of their first day at school as I recognize Sverre Magnus's jumper, but of course I don't know for sure. I agree with sm1939 in regards to who Sverre Magnus resembles. I also think Marius resembles Mette-Marit and now so does Ingrid Alexandra, whereas before I used to think she was all Haakon, but less so at the moment.

I think one shouldn´t be mislead by the boy´s hair; both kids resemble both MM AND Haakon. But Ingrid was always the child who looked most like her father (for me she´s like a female version of Haakon; I mean, just look at her eyes!). And both kids definitely have inherited their father´s (via paternal grandmother) mouth!

Last edited:
August 30: Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus attended the wedding of Crown Princess Mette-Marit's brother Per to Louise Kathrine Dedichen:

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette Marit | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHÄ°ON

I think one shouldn´t be mislead by the boy´s hair; both kids resemble both MM AND Haakon. But Ingrid was always the child who looked most like her father (for me she´s like a female version of Haakon; I mean, just look at her eyes!). And both kids definitely have inherited their father´s (via paternal grandmother) mouth!

Well, it's not just the hair that makes Sverre Magnus look like Mette-Marit. It is also the eyes and facial features to me. I also think Ingrid Alexandra looks more like Haakon than her younger brother, but recently she has started to look a little like Mette-Marit too, around her eyes. Marius of course looks like Mette-Marit.

Strange Marius didn´t attend his uncle´s wedding....

What does Marius' father look like, do we know?

Yes, we do know. There is a photo (albeit bad quality) of his father Morten Borg at his wedding, where he bears quite a strong resemblance to Marius :flowers::

Morten Borg

I hadn't seen a close-up of Marius's father before, which explains why I thought he looked a lot like Mette-Marit. But now, I think I see more of Morten in him, although there is still some resemblance to Mette-Marit in him as well.

Strange Marius didn´t attend his uncle´s wedding....

Yes I thought the same. Perhaps he was ill, or I doubt it but perhaps the school might not have let him due to an exam or something else important... but if his siblings were let off, then I doubt that's the case and I would be surprised if his school said that he wasn't allowed to go to a family wedding. Most schools let students have the day off if they have an important family event to attend.

Last edited:

Yes I thought the same. Perhaps he was ill, or I doubt it but perhaps the school might not have let him due to an exam or something else important... but if his siblings were let off, then I doubt that's the case and I would be surprised if his school said that he wasn't allowed to go to a family wedding. Most schools let students have the day off if they have an important family event to attend.

The wedding was on saturday, so no problem with school. Maybe he was on holidays or he didn't arrive with the CP Family and therefore simply wasn't photographed.

Yes, we do know. There is a photo (albeit bad quality) of his father Morten Borg at his wedding, where he bears quite a strong resemblance to Marius :flowers::

Morten Borg

I hadn't seen a close-up of Marius's father before, which explains why I thought he looked a lot like Mette-Marit. But now, I think I see more of Morten in him, although there is still some resemblance to Mette-Marit in him as well.

Wow, undoubtely Marius resembles his dad as much (if not more) as his mom.. thx for the picture!

Every year since 1947, Oslo has sent a large Christmas tree to London, as thanks for the British hospitality and assistance during World War II.

Last week Wednesday, November 19, this year's tree was cut in Lillomarka (which is near Oslo) and Princess Ingrid Alexandra was among the spectators, with school.
The Princess saw the christmas gift to London be made ready

bigger version of the photo http://www.t-a.no/incoming/article10365038.ece/8zncbe/binary/w980/ta09cd1d.jpg
and another picture

article with another picture
Prinsessen deltok da julegrana til London ble felt - osloby
Google Translation

VIDEO where they sing christmas carols and looking at the tree later Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra synger julen inn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom