Ingrid Alexandra ,Sverre Magnus and Marius: discussion 2006 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ingrid Alexandra is going to be 18 in January . Do we have any idea what to expect ? With covid and still in highschool it's probably a low key thing .

Ingrid Alexandra is going to be 18 in January . Do we have any idea what to expect ? With covid and still in highschool it's probably a low key thing .

Well, with covid it's a bit difficult to predict.

I think usually, there would have been a white-tie dinner with foreign royalty invited. Unless the covid situation is very bad at the time, there will probably still be a dinner, but smaller than it would have otherwise been and without or only with few foreign royals.
There will probably be speeches by her parents, grandparents and Ingrid herself as there were at her confirmation.

We will most likely get the first pictures of Ingrid in a tiara, which is certainly a lovely prospect to look forward to, and it's possible she will be gifted her own :flowers:

Goodness in a tiara and gown she won’t look like the same girl. She will be a woman all of the sudden.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra has tested positive for Covid-19 and is in isolation at home at Skaugum. The rest of the family has tested negative. Crown Prince Haakon has postponed his visit to UngInvest in Modum on Monday as has the family's engagements surrounding the 20th anniversary of the Crown Prince couple's foundation on Wednesday. Crown Prince Haakon has also cancelled his participation in the debarking of the Royal yacht on Monday.

https://www.kongehuset.no/artikkel.html?tid=188420&sek=112472

Last edited:
I just saw it, and NRK first had written "Kronprinsesse", which would have meant Mette-Marit, and I was a bit concerned.
Not, that I am not concerned now, but you know.

Is it known if she had been vaccinated?

If the rest of the family is negative, it's possible she had a false positive.

If not, a speedy recovery to IA and good health to the others.

It's also possible that Ingrid's family's negative results are false. If she, as it sounds, either showed symptoms first or has been in contact with someone positive they could have been tested to early for it to show. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Haakon and Mette-Marit are vaccinated, so hopefully that's what protected them. But the virus could potentially still break out in one of IA's family members. Though hopefully not!

IIRC Prince Christian in Denmark had it months ago (to the point I can't remember where vaccinations were or even if they existed), and that was the last we heard as regards to anyone else in his family. Similarly with Victoria and Daniel and no news about Estelle and Oscar. Either the press stays very quiet with following up or it's not a given that everyone in the household will have it, seemingly.

IIRC Prince Christian in Denmark had it months ago (to the point I can't remember where vaccinations were or even if they existed), and that was the last we heard as regards to anyone else in his family. Similarly with Victoria and Daniel and no news about Estelle and Oscar. Either the press stays very quiet with following up or it's not a given that everyone in the household will have it, seemingly.
As per the Swedish guidelines Estelle and Oscar would have isolated with their parents, but would only have been tested if they showed any symptoms.

I don't believe that Christian's parents were vaccinated yet when he was ill, though I also don't remember when that was exactly.
It's not a given everyone in the household will have it, but there's a big danger that someone will, especially with delta, which is even more infectious.
With Estelle & Oscar, I don't think we were ever told they didn't have it? I think they considered that information private, so we don't know. And I don't think that the press looked into it either.
In this case, I do believe we will be told if another family member tests positive, certainly if it concerns Haakon or Mette-Marit.
But it's also different now because H & MM are vaccinated, so the danger of being infected is much smaller and hopefully they have not been infected - especially Mette-Marit, who is in the risk group.

As per the Swedish guidelines Estelle and Oscar would have isolated with their parents, but would only have been tested if they showed any symptoms.

Thank you! This explains why there was no information about them being tested either negative or positive; they probably were not tested at all.

"Princess Ingrid has recovered from Covid-19 and is back at school This is confirmed by Crown Prince Haakon Wednesday morning. He said to NRK: “Princess Ingrid is well and back at school again. She felt it a little, but she has gotten well again and is up and running again"."

"Princess Ingrid has recovered from Covid-19 and is back at school This is confirmed by Crown Prince Haakon Wednesday morning. He said to NRK: “Princess Ingrid is well and back at school again. She felt it a little, but she has gotten well again and is up and running again"."

That seems very early to let her go back to school, even if she is feeling better. Was she testing positive before they announced she had Covid, or is there some reason she didn't have to keep isolating?

Last edited:
During the summer vacation, ingrid supplemented her pocket money as a waitress

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...bte-in-den-ferien-als-kellnerin-22504084.html

The headline does say waitress, but further down the article it says she worked as someone who cleared the tables and hosed down plates and utensils in the kitchen.
That makes perfect sense, because Ingrid would be much more incognito when she didn't have to talk to the guests and serve them.

And it's s good experience, because many of her own age will have a job and of course talk about it, so now Ingrid at least know first hand what they mean.

Last edited:
Is it Princess Ingrid Alexandra’s first solo act?

Since it was a present for her confirmation and the fact she was allowed to practice a mock-jump from a jump-tower, could suggest a considerable interest in the military.

Perhaps she'll follow in the footsteps of her Belgian colleague and perhaps go a little further and earn a set of jump-wings?

Ingrid is very athletic. She's an accomplished surfer (in Norwegian water) and I forget what else it is she likes to do. But it's a few things.

But it may not necessarily translate to paratroop discipline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it looks like she didn't hate the experience. So perhaps a new sport for her is coming up?

Dare I say it, Ingrid may have gotten this straight from her great-great grandma "Harry" as someone shorter than most people who loves sports and being active and wearing the pretty clothes and jewelry, too.

Last edited:
Does anyone knows her military rank?

I don't think she has one, since she's not old enough to be in the armed forces for another few months and there is no reason to give her a ceremonial one iirc.

It is interesting that in my country (NL) we had four Queens (and the fifth is coming) and no one of them had anything to do with the military: "Leave it to the professionals indeed".

It is interesting that Victoria, Elisabeth and probably Ingrid-Alexandra and Leonor are expected to do something with the military. Over here no one expects Catharina-Amalia showing up in camouflage gear. I would like it anyway, a good example to promote female recruitment in the armed forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom