Haakon's Birthdays: News and Pictures 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
to bad there was no big celebration with other royals like his sister had at her 30th birthday

Photoshoot of Haakon's 33rd birthday

Haakon is 33 years old today, according to Aftenposten he is celebrating at the summerhouse Maagrø with friends and family. The press reports, Queen Sonja, Mette-Marit, Ingrid Alexandra, Sverre Magnus and Marius are there with him. Its a private celebration but the press is always in boats outside that day so some papparazzi pictures might come
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1393918.ece

EDIT to ADD
Not so private, as it seems they have posed for pictures, two local papers and Scanpix was invited, according to the article they have been relaxing in Norway by the sea the last two weeks. Queen Sonja is arranging a party for her son by the pool tonight.
Scanpix via se og hør
photosessionoc0.jpg

Another one, by Per Gilding, from www.tb.no
Pic 3 from Aftenposte/Scanpix

Attachments

• bilde.jpg
    bilde.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 428
  • KRONPRINS__072626_j_428683s.jpg
    KRONPRINS__072626_j_428683s.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
I really love the first picture where baby Sverre has a grabbed his grandmother's necklace.

Ingrid is so beautiful with her long blond hair. There such a beautiful family.

me,too! And i find it is a most adorable baby! He is so cute an beautiful. Much more than Ingrid was!

Wonderful pictures..the landscape couldnt be better...and all of them looking very happy..the best:the children :p

The Norwegian Crown Prince family and Queen Sonja gathered at the Royal Family`s summer residence Mageroe, some 100 kms south of Oslo, Thursday 20 July 2006. Picture shows (L to R) Crown Princess Mette-Marit, princess Ingrid Alexandra, Queen Sonja, Marius Hoiby who is son of the Crown Princess, Crown Prince Haakon and prince Sverre Magnus.
Belga Picture
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/

Last edited by a moderator:
What a lovely family.
The kids are turning into beautiful kids. Ingrid looks just adorable now especially with her hair curling up and longer.

Sverre looks like he is 'filling' up into the cute baby fat. In the earlier pictures of when he was born, he looked too skinny.

Thank you everyone for sharing pictures of the Norwegian Family.

Her hair is too long it doesn't look good on her!

I do like Mette-Marit's hair a little shorter, it has just gotten too long now and does her not justice. I like it best when it is just brushing her shoulders, but she looks well all the same.

The children are so sweet looking, and Queen Sonja looks really lovely in her dress, the colour is beautiful.

Thanks for the great new pictures, does anyone have them without the press mark, I would love to see IA face.
They have the most beautiful children!!!

Ingrid y Sverre is sooooooo cuteee :) ;)

Sverre really wants that Pearl Necklace badly, also I think Mette-Marit should borrow one of Marys many beach hats, her face does not need more sun:p
The Belga pics with less intrusive watermark, from polfoto

scanpix/pool

Attachments

• family pic.jpg
    family pic.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 552
  • Ingrid1.jpg
    Ingrid1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 650
  • sverr pearls.jpg
    sverr pearls.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:
So nice of them to pose for local newspapers...

Great Landscape, Gorgeous Children and Happy Parents and Grandparents (wow what happened to these grandparents?! they are looking great and younger everytime we see them ;)).

A perfect Picture to celebrate Haakon's birthday and his way of Life!

Congratulations on everything Handsome Prince!

Thank you all for sharing the pictures :).

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Such a sweet family! :)
I'm so in love with Sverre, he's so cute!

What precious pictures! The whole family looks so happy. Happy birthday to Haakon!

Great pictures! :) The Queen looks great. Absolutely the epitome of summer!

There is definitely some of Mette-Marit in Ingrid Alexandra now, whereas before I think she resembled Haakon so much.

Larzen said:
also I think Mette-Marit should borrow one of Marys many beach hats, her face does not need more sun:p

I agree that Mette-Marit needs a hat, too. As well as Ingrid Alexandra. They are both so fair that they need as much protection from the sun's rays as possible. I suppose they refrained from wearing hats so that they wouldn't cover their eyes or faces during the photo shoot. I do hope that on their own time while enjoying the holidays they don hats and wear proper sun protection.

Great Pictures Larzen- Thanks for posting.
I think with lighter hair IA is really starting to look like her momma. She has always been my favorite royal child, but as she gets older she just gets prettier. I think she will a fantastic queen one day.
I love the picture with HM arm around Marius. It seems to me that they go a long way to make him feel like he is one of the family. God Bless them, they are a great role model.

Thanks. Nice pics, but I wish MM would get a haircut, I remember when she was studying in London, her hair was a lovely length, a lot nicer than this.

Great family. Very down to earth! Ingrid Alexandra is getting prettier and prettier each day. I love the picture of Haakon holding his baby and his other son. Lovely family.

Lovely family!!
IA looks very pretty with the light tanning:)

Wonderful pictures indeed, the family looks great together out in the sun! Mette-Marit looks almost as tanned as Princess Madeleine of Sweden usually is, and since M-M doesnt' have any Brazilian roots/blood in her (Madeleine gets a tan very fast because of it), I guess her skin is even more sensitive, it's of the Scandinavian quite "pale" type.

I wonder though, since Haakon has always celebrated his birthday in private, could this session for some press today be a result of those "jealousy" articles in Norway some time ago - saying that the Norwegians also wanted an official and public birthday celebration for their heir, just as we have in Sweden (for Victoria)? Not that this was anything like the Victoria Day, but at least he shows his face on his birthday, so I was just thinking maybe there's some small connection.

What a great family! You can really see/feel that genuine affection they have for each other. They are simply amazing.

The press who was invited was Scanpix, (the national photoagency) Tønsbergsblad (www.tb.no), a regional paper, and the tiny paper "Øyene" which comes out only once a week tjøme and Nøtterøy, in the staggering number of 3600 papers a week;) they have put some of the pictures online, and they are different then the national papers who all carry scanpix pictures. Unfortunatly only 4 of them can be enlarged, but here is the link to see the reamining 4.
Foto Nina Therese Johansen
http://www.oyene.no/nyheter/article2202556.ece

Attachments

• 1_899742g.jpg
    1_899742g.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 570
  • 2_899741g.jpg
    2_899741g.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 663
  • 3_899740g.jpg
    3_899740g.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 408
  • 4_899738g.jpg
    4_899738g.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 496
  • 468_899747a.jpg
    468_899747a.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Great pics

Haakon and his family seem to enjoy this summer a lot. I just can't stop looking at baby Sverre...he is getting cuter and cuter every day:cool::):p!!!!!!

Just a quick question to everyone: do you think the royal families know about this site and do they actually read it? It would be nice to know!

Timoka

How great the family looks! The babies look so cute as well. Is Mette-Marit barefoot?

great summer pictures. All the white clothing looks nice

i just got back from couple of days without internet, and how lovely it is to find such beautiful summery pictures from the Norwegian RF. What a lovely combination of colour, and it blends well with the surrounding atmosphere. Ingrid as usual looks cute, and Sverre is grouwing up pretty big too... Lovely to see Marius there to celebrate his step-dad's birthday. and reading the story of Sonja arranging Haakon's birthday is a nice gesture as well. Mette-Marit looks beautiful & i like her purple colour... (i hope the summer colour stays on her outfits), and how nice to see Sonja in her red-floral dress.
lastly, Happy Birthday to the birthday boy, Haakon!

Back
Top Bottom