Haakon's Birthdays: News and Pictures 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
www.colourpress.com - Crownprincess Mette-Marit, together with Haakon and Marius - 20030720

Maageroe, Norway - The Norwegian Crownprinces 30th birthday anniversary was held in private on Maageroe, the island, where the norwegian royal family has a summer-cottage. Photo: Werner Juvik

Attachments

• with_marius.jpg
    with_marius.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 404
www.colourpress.com - Maageroe, Norway - The Norwegian Crownprinces 30th birthday anniversary was held in private on Maageroe, the island, where the norwegian royal family has a summer-cottage. Photo: Werner Juvik

Attachments

• COLOUR10012578.jpg
    COLOUR10012578.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 769
www.colourpress.com -
Crownprincess Mette-Marit, together with Haakon and a friend- 20030720

Maageroe, Norway - The Norwegian Crownprinces 30th birthday anniversary was held in private on Maageroe, the island, where the Norwegian royal family has a summer-cottage. Photo: Werner Juvik

Attachments

• dress.jpg
    dress.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 354
www.colourpress.com - Crownprincess Mette-Marit - 20030720

Maageroe, Norway - The Norwegian Crownprinces 30th birthday anniversary was held in private on Maageroe, the island, where the Norwegian royal family has a summer-cottage. Photo: Werner Juvik

Attachments

• full_dress.jpg
    full_dress.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 383
www.colourpress.com - Crownprincess Mette-Marit - 20030720

Attachments

• mette_3.jpg
    mette_3.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 323
www.colourpress.com - Marius - 20030720

Maageroe, Norway - The Norwegian Crownprinces 30th birthday anniversary was held in private on Maageroe, the island, where the norwegian royal family has a summer-cottage. Photo: Werner Juvik

Attachments

• marius.jpg
    marius.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 320
www.colourpress.com - Crownprincess Mette-Marit, together with Marius - 20030720

Attachments

• marius_not_happy.jpg
    marius_not_happy.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 732
www.colourpress.com - Crownprincess Mette-Marit, together with Marius - 20030720

Attachments

• marius_not_happy_2.jpg
    marius_not_happy_2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 711
www.colourpress.com - Crownprince Haakon, Linda Taanevik, Marit Tjessem, princess Maertha-Louise, queen Sonja and Crownprincess Mette-Marit at Garbarek concert - 20030720

Attachments

• whole_family_at_concert.jpg
    whole_family_at_concert.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,689
www.colourpress.com - Crownprincess Mette-Marit, together with Haakon and Marius and friends at the Garbarek jazz-concert - 20030720

Attachments

• arrival_at_concert.jpg
    arrival_at_concert.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 715
www.colourpress.com - Haakon taking care of Marius and a friend of Haakon - 20030720

Attachments

• patting_on_boat.jpg
    patting_on_boat.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 708
www.colourpress.com - Marius wakeboarding and Haakon and afriend of Haakon in the boat - 20030720

Attachments

• marius_water_skiing.jpg
    marius_water_skiing.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,713
www.colourpress.com - Crownprincess Mette-Marit a little bit worried for her son Marius wakeboarding - 20030720

Attachments

• mette_on_boardwalk.jpg
    mette_on_boardwalk.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 730
www.colourpress.com - Crownprincess Mette-Marit and her friend - 20030720

Attachments

• 2_pregnant_ladies.jpg
    2_pregnant_ladies.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,204
www.colourpress.com - Crownprincess Mette-Marit and her friend - 20030720

Attachments

• squatting_on_boardwalk.jpg
    squatting_on_boardwalk.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 756
www.colourpress.com - Crownprincess Mette-Marit massaging her friends feet, Haakon and Marius jumping into the water - 20030720

Attachments

• beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 706
from rexfeaetures

Attachments

• 421996c.jpg
    421996c.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 396
Originally posted by holly*anja@Jul 21st, 2003 - 10:18 am
hi nouwrein -

mette-marit is pronounced almost like it looks - the "t's" are definitely not silent!

"metta mareet" is how all of my friends and family pronounce it!
Hi, Holly*Anja and Nouwrein, I've also wondered the same thing ~ how to pronounce Mette-Marit's name. Other sources have also given their versions on how to prounounce her name. They have stated that in informal occasions, some have just called her (phonetically) "Meh" or "May" ~ and 'tte' (is silent). The "Marit" portion of her name is pronounced "Mauuuh - reet", with the emphasis on the "reet".

HOWEVER, this is 2nd hand interpretion which was told to me, and therefore, it may not be "toooo accurate". I'd certainly like to hear what others think ~ Thank you Nouwrein and Holly*Anja for bringing up the subject once more. ;)

Elizajane

Pronounciation: Meh-teh Mahr-ith (I can't unfortunately find the phonetical signs at my keyboard, but for those of you with some understanding: the end of Mette would most likely be a schwa.)

Whoever told you that the t's weren't pronounced, were WRONG.

i ask you question

who pregnant woman with M-M i had no clues !

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by norwegianne@Dec 15th, 2003 - 10:19 am
Pronounciation: Meh-teh Mahr-ith (I can't unfortunately find the phonetical signs at my keyboard, but for those of you with some understanding: the end of Mette would most likely be a schwa.)

Whoever told you that the t's weren't pronounced, were WRONG.
Finally! A definitive answer! Thank you, Norweginne, for telling me "how" to correctly pronounce CP MM's name. It sounds quite feminine the way you you wrote it out and I like it. I'll definitely relay this info to the person who advised me WRONG. He'll probably be relieved.

I have such a good feeling about this couple ~ and, I'm grateful, at this point, knowing at least how to correctly pronounce their names. It's a good thing to know. ;)

Elizajane

If you watch the video of the Nobel Prize ceremony is Oslo, the announcer announces the names of the Royal family as they are arriving about five minutes into the video, if you would like to hear what it sounds like as well. Not trying to undermind norwegianne, but I know I couldn't wrap my brain around it myself until I heard it :)

Here is the link as first posted by Dennism
http://www.nobel.se/nobel/events/video/cer...t-03/index.html

Happy birthday Haakon!

Mariella

LaMinka said:
Happy birthday Haakon!

Mariella
Or in norwegian, GRATULERER MED DAGEN, HAAKON!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Article about Haakon and his birthday

Haakon celebrated at Mågerø

Today Crown Prince Haakon is 32 years old. The “birthday boy” will be celebrated with a family party at Mågerø.

Tuesday Haakon was celebrated in advance at Gamle Ormelet in Tønsberg where he and Mette-Marit watched a concert with amongst others Odd Børretzen and deLillos. “Nice but wet” the Crown Prince laughed to VG of the birthday gift as it was raining heavily most of the evening.

Haakon Magnus was born 20th July 1973 at Rikshospitalet in Oslo. The 20th September the same year the hereditary prince was christened in the palace chapel. King Olav, King Carl Gustav of Sweden and Queen Margrethe of Denmark were godparents.

In his childhood the Crown Prince went to a public kindergarten and in a regular school to have a normal as possible every day life.

Multitalented Crown Prince
The Crown Prince is a multitalended and very sports interested man. In the winter he is often seen in various skiing hills with his telemark skis on. The Crown Prince also keeps fit by jogging, canoeing, biking and sailing.

25th August 2001 Haakon married Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby in Oslo Cathedral. 21st January 2004 they got their first daugher together, Princess Ingrid Alexandra. In December they are expecting number two.

Summer vacation
The married couple have this summer been to Greece and Italy. At the present they are at the royal family’s summer house at Mågerø, where the Crown Prince’s birthday party is to be held.

In addition to Queen Sonja, is it expected that Märtha and Ari and their two daughters will take a break from the festival “Emotions on the sea shore” (Føling i Fjæra) and take the trip from Hankø to join the party.

The article is from: http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article425047.ece and I've translated it. At the bottom of this page there is a photo "potpuri" of Haakon (and Mette-Marit). The attatched photo is also to be found in this link.

Attachments

• Kronprins_Haakon_199377m.jpg
    Kronprins_Haakon_199377m.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 2,472
Last edited:
No I dont have the magazine.

The Pictures from the concert, the weather was absolutly dreadful yesterday, the appeared low key and sat in the back. from www.tb.no

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Happy Birthday Haakon

Happy 32 year old Birthday Haakon! Hope you anyoing the time on Valentinos yacht in Italy fro friday to monday (lucky you). And i hope you has a great birthday on Mageroe today!

Gratulerer med dagen,"Krompen"!

To take a look over Haakon's life in pictures, please visit this thread.

To get a brief look at the last year, look in these threads:1, 2 or in this one..

Larzen said:
The Pictures from the concert, the weather was absolutly dreadful yesterday, the appeared low key and sat in the back.

More pics from East News

Attachments

• NORWEGIA_HAAKON_METTE24_001.jpg
    NORWEGIA_HAAKON_METTE24_001.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 750
  • NORWEGIA_HAAKON_METTE24_002.jpg
    NORWEGIA_HAAKON_METTE24_002.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 601
  • NORWEGIA_HAAKON_METTE24_003.jpg
    NORWEGIA_HAAKON_METTE24_003.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 757
Back