Haakon's Birthdays: News and Pictures 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
www.afterposten.no - Maybe someone can translate this?

Kongelig fødselsdag uten paragliding

30-åringen kronprins Haakon vil gjerne fortsette å utfordre naturkreftene. Men paragliding får han ikke lov å drive med av kona.

-Jeg fikk vindsurfseil av mor og far til bursdagen og surfbrett av min fetter i Brasil, forteller fødselsdagsbarnet, som ikke føler alderen tynge i forhold til fritidsinteressene.

-Men paragliding får han ikke lov til lenger, skyter kronprinsesse Mette-Marit inn.

-Jo, da, det får jeg, svarer kronprinsen leende. Hvem som får rett vil tiden vise.

Feiret på Mågerø

Kronprins Haakon feiret 30-årsdagen med familie og venner - ca. 50 i tallet - med lunsj på det kongelige landstedet Mågerø på Tjøme søndag. Lunsjen ble servert på baksiden av huset, godt skjermet mot innsyn fra sjøen, der båter med pressefotografer lå hele søndagen.

De første gjestene som ankom var storesøster Märtha Louise med mann og barn. De kom med kongebåten "Stjernen" fra andre siden av fjorden - en knapp times båttur fra Hankø.

Mormor, dronning Sonja, tok stolt imot den lille rosakledde Maud Angelica, som er veldig snill og vokser akkurat som hun skal etter skjemaet, ifølge de stolte foreldrene.

Gleder seg til barnet

Men før fødselsdagslunsjen tok kronprinsparet seg tid til et kvarters prat med et utvalgt antall pressefolk fra NRK og TV 2 og nyhetsbyråene NTB og ANB. Barnet som ventes i januar var naturlig nok et svært aktuelt tema.

-Vi gleder oss veldig og satser på å gi barnet en så trygg oppvekst og så normal barndom som mulig, sier kronprinsen, som vil legge stor vekt på å gjøre sin sønn eller datter oppmerksom på de pliktene som følger med rollen som tronarving, men også de privilegier og positive muligheter til å gjøre noe bra.

Han og kronprinsesse Mette-Marit håper de får hjelp til å skjerme barna sine, ikke minst ved at pressen lar dem være mest mulig i fred under oppveksten.

Når det gjelder Marius' rolle vil kronprinsparet innad i familien behandle barna mest mulig likt.

-Den offisielle siden har vi ikke tatt stilling til ennå, sier kronprins Haakon.

Feire neste år

Kronprins Haakon fikk også spørsmål om hvorfor feiringen av 30-årsdagen foregikk i så beskjedne og private former.

-For det første er det jo hyggelig å bli kritisert for å feste for lite, sier kronprinsen med en latter.

Litt mer alvorlig forklarer han at det rett og slett ikke passet med en stor feiring i sommer, hverken for ham selv eller for kronprinsessen som har fødselsdag 19. august.

-Jeg skulle gjerne ha gjort noe mer ut av dagen, men det har vært veldig mye å gjøre i det siste med eksamener, oppgaveskriving og flytting fra London til Norge. Men vi får se om det ikke blir en feiring av de to 30-årsdagene våre til neste år.

Mange planer

Kronprinsparet har mange planer for fremtiden. Men noen konkrete eksempler vil de foreløpig ikke ut med.

-Vi jobber langsiktig med ulike planer, både her hjemme og i utlandet, blant annet i nært samarbeid med Utenriksdepartementet. Vi vil også bygge videre på utdannelsen og kanskje jobbe i nær kontakt med ulike organisasjoner, uten av vi nå kan si noe om hvilke, opplyser kronprins Haakon.

Hvem som først får besøk av kronprinsparet på hjemmebane, og hvor det vil skje, skal avgjøres på et møte 1. august, forteller kronprinsesse Mette-Marit. Selv er hun høy beskytter for årets TV-aksjon til inntekt for Redd Barna.

Lykkelig kronprins

-Er det en lykkelig kronprins Haakon som i dag feirer 30 år?

-Ja! sier kronprinsen med ettertrykk og legger til:

-Vi er veldig heldige som har funnet hverandre. Bryllupet, reisene og studieåret i London har vært med på å forme oss og gjort oss godt. Nå ser vi fram til å flytte inn på Skaugum og legge fundamentet til vår nye tilværelse. Det er en god følelse.

(NTB)

Attachments

• HAAKON_132646a.jpg
    HAAKON_132646a.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,175
More pictures of Haakon's 30th birthday celebrations.

Attachments

• NY_haakon_30_502.gif
    NY_haakon_30_502.gif
    61.2 KB · Views: 471
Here you go, Alexandria. Sounds like the crown prince had a nice birthday :)

Royal Birthday without paragliding

30-year old crown prince Haakon would like to continue to challenge nature's forces but he did not get the permission of his wife to work on paragliding.

I got a wind surfing sail from my mother and father for my birthday and a surfboard from my cousin in Brazil, told the birthday boy (this expression actually means "the person whose birthday is being celebrated...I took the liberty and put in the english phrase "birthday boy!")

-But he dosen't get permission for paragliding any longer, contributes crown princess Mette-Marit.

-Yes I do, answers the crown prince, laughing. Time will tell who turns out to be right.

Celebration at Magero

Crown prince Haakon celebrated his 30th birthday with family and friends - around fifty total - with lunch at the royal estate Mågerø at Tjøme on Sunday. The lunch was served on the back side of the house, well shielded against views from the water, where boats with press photograpthers waited the whole day Sunday.

The first guests that came were big sister Märtha Louise and her husband and child. They came with the royal boat "The Star" from the other side of the fjord - a short boat trip from Hankø.

Grandmother, Queen Sonja, took pride in the little pink clad Maud Angelica, who is very sweet and is growing up just like she should, according to the pround parents.

Looking forward to the baby

But before the birthday lunch the crown couple took fifteen minute chat with a chosen number of the press from NRK, TV2 and the news bureaus NTB and ANB. The baby that will be born in January was naturally enough a current hot topic.

We are really happy and are betting on being able to give the baby as safe and normal childhood as possible, says the crown prince, who will make it a priority to make his son or dauther aware of the obligations that follow with the role of heir to the throne, but also the privileges and positive opportunities to do some good.

He and crown princess Mette Marit hope they get help to protect their child, not the least of which would include the press giving them time to be in peace during the upbrining of the child.

When it concerns Marius' role will the crown pair, within their inner family, handle the children as similarly as possible.

-The official side have we haven't taken a stand on yet, says crown prince Haakon.

Celebrate next year

Crown prince Haakon also got questions about why the celebration of his 30th brithday in such modest and private ways.

-For the first time, it's nice to be criticised for partying too little, said the crown prince with a laugh!
He explained, a little more seriously, that it pure and simple didn't happen with a big celebration this summer, neither for himself nor for the crown princess who has a birthday the 19th of August.

-I would like to have done something more out of the day, but there has been a lot to do lately with exams, papers, and moving from London to Norway. But we'll see, maybe we'll celebrate both our 30th's next year.

Many plans

The crown pair has many plans for the future. But they are giving out concrete examples just yet.

-We work long term with different plans, both here at home and in other countries, among other things in close cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We will also further our education and maybe work in close contact with different organizations.

Who will first get a visit from the crown couple in familiar territory, and where that will happen, should be decided at a meeting the first of august, tells crown princess Mette-Marit.

Fortunate Crown prince

-Is it a fortunate (lucky) Haakon that today celebrates 30 years?

- Yes! said the crown prince with emphasis and added:

-We are very blessed to have found each other. The wedding, travels, and the study year in London have been things to mold us and do us good. Now we look forward to moving in to Skaugum and laying the foundation to our new life. It's a good feeling.

(NTB)

hi! I'd just like to ask if how is mette-marit pronounced in english. thank you. i hear its a silent t, so is it pronounced as may-marie?

hi nouwrein -

mette-marit is pronounced almost like it looks - the "t's" are definitely not silent!

"metta mareet" is how all of my friends and family pronounce it!

Here are some more pictures from the event! They all looked great :)

source: dagbladet.no

Attachments

• maudsak.jpg
    maudsak.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1,250
Last edited by a moderator:
This one is so cute! The caption read "Maud steals the show!"

Source: dagbladet.no

Attachments

• maudklikk.jpg
    maudklikk.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 2,022
Thank you for the translation and more great pictures holly*anja. :clap: It was much appreciated and I thought the Crown Prince had some interesting things to say. I thought the part about not partying enough was cute as was the part about getting permission from Mette-Marit to go paragliding. :D And you're right, everyone looked absolutely fabulous. I loved Mette-Marit's skirt. So colourful and full of summer spirit!

www.vg.no - Translated by Anna from the Scandinavian Royals message board:

Crown Prince Haakon confirmed to VG that Mette-Marit's present for his birthday was kept a secret for him until the afternoon sunday : tickets to a concert with his favourite artist Jan Garbarek on Slottsfjellet, Tønsberg - Garbarek played in the church during their wedding.

According to this article the group of 15 - among the 1700 audience at the concert - was : Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Marius Borg Høiby, Princess Märtha Louise [Ari Behn stayed behind on Mågerø with his daughter],Marit Tjessem, Rolf Berntsen, Per Høiby, Wenche Lindal Høiby, Linda Tånevik, Morten Andreassen, Anita Skjong

Soon Marius became bored and left the amphitheatre with his step-grandfather Rolf to play elsewhere - Mette-Marit was once called out to handle the very bored boy - but he stayed and played there until the 2.5 hours long conert had ended

Hemmelig gave fra Mette-Marit - av STIG TORE LAUGEN, IVAR BRANDVOL

Attachments

• NY_haakon_mette_marit_503.jpg
    NY_haakon_mette_marit_503.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,691
Last edited by a moderator:
www.rexfeatures.com - Haakon's 30th birthday celebrations. Queen Sonja and Princess Martha Louise can be seen in this picture, too. Norway, 20 July 2003.

Attachments

• watching_concert_with_mom.jpg
    watching_concert_with_mom.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 415
who woman with red swimsuit she pregnant ? she friend of Princess? or what?

Sara Boyce

Back
Top Bottom