Haakon visiting schools

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
This summer it will be 5 years since the couple got married and their humanitarian foundation will also be 5 years. To mark that there has been organised a writing competition where the first prize is a visit to Africa given by the Crown Prince Couple. The competition is organised together with the department for education and knowledge. Mette-Marit will lead the jury.
The paper should be about how one person can make a difference in your local community and in facing the challenges the world has today.

The winning paper will be published and will get to meet the Crown Prince Couple. Towards the summer Haakon will visit several schools where he will give lectures that focuses on development questions

Yesterday he started his "tour" with visiting two schools in Nordland county, and the students had lots of questions. Haakon amongst other things told about his work as a UNDP ambassador and what he finds most important with that work

It was the students at Andøya School that had invited Haakon to hear about what is beeing done against powerty.

Next week he will visit schools in Mysen in Østfold and Nesodden in Akershus
My translation from http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=120342
Today Haakon will visit the big military rehearsal that takes place in Troms this week, "Cold Respons"

One more article about what he said in Norwegian
http://www.andoyposten.no/m/art/?val=helesaken&nyhet=1142500791&mid=m436&vn=736&kid=1096892793&PHPSESSID=03376de1a8cb79149902775393a679d1
1 from Scanpix
2 from www.ht.no

Attachments

• 1142456549219_102.jpg
    1142456549219_102.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 242
  • haakon_27424g.jpg
    haakon_27424g.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Does the article say what age group is eligible for the contest? Is it for school age children, etc.?

Larzen said:
Crown Prince Haakon visit Cold Response
Pic from www.fremmover.no
The execise has ended in tragedy after two young soldiers died after a tank went trough the ice, this happened after Haakon left. Its the main news in all the papers today

Haakons visit to Ibestad school from www.nrk.no

Attachments

• 579580.jpg
    579580.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Larzen said:
This summer it will be 5 years since the couple got married and their humanitarian foundation will also be 5 years. To mark that there has been organised a writing competition where the first prize is a visit to Africa given by the Crown Prince Couple. The competition is organised together with the department for education and knowledge. Mette-Marit will lead the jury.
The paper should be about how one person can make a difference in your local community and in facing the challenges the world has today.

The winning paper will be published and will get to meet the Crown Prince Couple. Towards the summer Haakon will visit several schools where he will give lectures that focuses on development questions

Yesterday he started his "tour" with visiting two schools in Nordland county, and the students had lots of questions. Haakon amongst other things told about his work as a UNDP ambassador and what he finds most important with that work

It was the students at Andøya School that had invited Haakon to hear about what is beeing done against powerty.

a really great idea from the Crownprincely Couple... :)
Will Mette-Marit join Haakon on some of these school visits?

Here is a video showing Haakon during part of his 40 min lecture on UNDPs work at Mysen School yesterday March 22. He also talks about even if the global problems seems big to overcome you need to start in your local community
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks/article1256708.ece

Two republicans (one politician and one head master) are very impressed with his work and says they would like him as their president:p He speakes directly about international questions, environment and aid work and he does not sugarcoat
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks/article1256709.ece

Larzen said:
Two republicans (one politician and one head master) are very impressed with his work and says they would like him as their president:p He speakes directly about international questions, environment and aid work and he does not sugarcoat
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks/article1256709.ece

That's one of the advantages of the monarchy: the heir never needs to fight for his position like politicians have to, but is groomed from his early youth to fit in with the position. If the monarch has the right personality on top of it all, he is far better suited in my opinion than many politicians.

At the moment it appears as if the heirs are quite well suited for the job. And if they decide against it (like it was said that it could have happened with prince Frederick) then I think nobody will hold it against them. They'd loose their "public" privileges but keep of course those inherited from their family which seems okay to me.

Haakon today visited students at a school in Lilleahammer (and on ein Elverum later in the day). He also talked to the press about the E.Coli scandal which is currently the main news in Norway and expressed his condolences with the families where 13 smal children has gotten very ill, several with kidney damage and one 4 year old has died as a result sever kidney damage afte haven eaten infected meat. Haakon said to TV2 he followed the news closely, and he was satisifed everyone was doing their best to fid the source

Pics from www.gd.no

Attachments

• 20060323_845025_2.jpg
    20060323_845025_2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 20060323_845025_1.jpg
    20060323_845025_1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 203
Thanks by the photos of Haakon, larzen ;)

11.00 The Crown Prince visit Teigar Ungdomsskole, Nøtterøy

Video in this link under multimedia
http://www.tb.no/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060601/NYHETER/106010282/1131/AT

Pictures from www.tb.no

th_73768_2.jpg

Its a pitty there are no pictures from the two receptions that was held on the royal yacht in the beginning of the week, not even a note on who attended

Crown Prince Haakon of Norway during his visit to he Nansen School in Lillehammer, Norway, April 19, 2007. The Crown Prince attended an international conference with Serbs and Bosnians at the school.

Haakon 1
picture 1
Looking at a painter finish a painting - picture
picture 1
picture 2
Meeting with people taking part in the conference - picture
picture 2

Crown Prince Haakon at the Norwegian Academy of Art in Bergen at the opening of an exhibition by the master students
Substans 2007 / Avgangsutstillinger 2007 / Avgangsutstillinger / KHiB galleri / Visningsrom / Kunsthøgskolen i Bergen - KHiB

Kongehuset now publishes pictures from most duties (clap clap as long as it lasts) and also some information about the events though this is mostly in norwegian
The Candia Höfer exhibition
kongehuset.no - Candida Höfer

Clima conference
kongehuset.no - Klimakonferansen

Visit to Sally Ann
kongehuset.no - Rettferdig handel

Visit to NASA seminar
kongehuset.no - Foredrag av astronauter

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics dazzling and Larzen! Haakon seems to be doing alot of duties here lately! Which is good, b/c we get to see pics of him! Do we know if and when we'll see pics of the whole family?

ZandraRae said:
Thanks for the pics dazzling and Larzen! Haakon seems to be doing alot of duties here lately! Which is good, b/c we get to see pics of him! Do we know if and when we'll see pics of the whole family?
A definite time when we'll see all of them will be May 17 - the national day.

norwegianne said:

That's right National day is coming up. Can hardly wait. This has sure been a fast paced and enjoyable last couple of weeks watching these different families with babies and Norway's state visit. But it looks like we have a lot more to look forward to right around the corner. Before you know it July will be here and the celebrations for Sonja's b-day will take place.:)

norwegianne said:

Nowegianne do you know if any networks broadcast a live feed of the family on the steps so I can watch at home?

The Crown Prince is giving a lecture on development issues at Sogndal high school (it's the same lecture he's been giving at other schools), on June 7. The lecture he's giving is called "To make a difference".

The Queen is opening the new building at Norwegian Glacier museum in Fjærland on June 24, and she is de-vailing a sculpture by Kjartan Slettmark in Naustal Municipality on August 6. All these places/events are in Sogn og Fjordane county. A county that doesn't get royal visitors too often, so this is a big deal :)

The Crown Prince has been visiting a high school in Sogn and Fjordane county today to speak about the division of resources and environment issues with the students. Here are some photos from that. Not all of them in good quality, because they have been taken as MMS photos.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/trf_pom/Norway__June__2007/kronprinstalemmms_1289214n.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/trf_pom/Norway__June__2007/kronprinspressemms_1289365m.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/trf_pom/Norway__June__2007/kronprinslyttarmms_1289207m.jpg

He just keeps getting better looking and better looking. :wub:

kwanfan said:
Oh, I like the beard. I've always thought it gave him a very mature look.

I agree. He's one of the few people who to me looks better with facial hair. I ordinarily like guys to be clean-shaven, but for him, it's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom