Haakon & Mette-Marit's official visit to Malaysia: March 8-10, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Crown Prince & the Crown Princess will make an official in March 2010 which is part of a business delegation trip.

Information (not in English)
Info credit: Mia on another forum

The visit will take place between March 8th and 10th:

Malaysia
Deres Kongelige Høyheter Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen er på offisielt besøk til Malaysia 8. - 10. mars.

ITS A GREAT NEWS. PRINCESS METTE MARIT WILL TRAVEL WITH HER HUSBAND TO MALASYA.

Google Traducir
I HOPE THAT SHE IS BETTER.:lol:

But Mette-Marits program is reduced.

I am very happy to see her again !

The royal couple will arrive in Malaysia on 7th March. Malaysia's capital Kuala Lumpur already had Norwegian flags hung up on the road leading to the Parliament.

Hopefully, there'll be lots of pictures as it'll be a long, long time before any European royal family members will visit Malaysia again...

:wave:

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette Marit arrives at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia on monday.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Norway's Crown Prince Haakon inspects a guard of honour during a welcoming ceremony at the prime minister's office in Malaysia's administrative capital Putrajaya on March 8, 2010. Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak received Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit who are on a three-day official visit to Malaysia

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Belga Gallery
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/coverage/1731688.html

Last edited:
Last edited:
So nice to see her back more beautiful than ever ! Thanks !

Day 2:Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit with Sigve Brekke, chairman of DiGi telecommunication and vice president of Telenor group, attend a function with at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center (KLCC) on March 9.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

The Prince and Princess with Malaysian Minister for Women, Family and Community Development Shahrizat Abdul Jalil at a seminar on gender equality.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
She looks really serene on these pix... so happy and contented....

Princess Mette-Marit and Prince Haakon attended the dinner with Norwegian seafood with the winners of the seafood competition

PPE Agency Dinner

Information by Kongehuset.no
Many ways to boost cooperation

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely yellow and white outfit I love it !

Princess Mette-Marit and Prince Haakon attended the dinner with Norwegian seafood with the winners of the seafood competition
PPE Agency Dinner

The Princess and Prince look wonderful. I just love te Royal couple's style. Princess Mette-Marit looked beautiful in gold and white. Love the whole outfit and accessories.:);):)

The pictures of Haakon and Mette outside the Petronas Towers are wonderful - it is such a beautiful sight, especially at night. If only they had gone on their trip around the beginning of April/Easter, I would have had the chance to possibly see them!

This was from this visit

Visiting Norway's Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit walk to their photo session in front of the Malaysia's landmark Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Mosque in Shah Alam outside Kuala Lumpur March 10, 2010.

Cant wait to see the couple inside the mosque.

It looks as CP Haakon didn´t shake hands with these 2 women, as well as CP Mette-Marit didn´t join her husband in this "men-group-photo" - due to "religious" reasons?" Sorry, do not want to hurt anybody, but this is so ridiculous to me!

Daytime events: PPE Agency
They are like being in love for some weeks rather than an almost 10 years married couple! They´re simply lovely:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks as CP Haakon didn´t shake hands with these 2 women, as well as CP Mette-Marit didn´t join her husband in this "men-group-photo" - due to "religious" reasons?" Sorry, do not want to hurt anybody, but this is so ridiculous to me!

Many men wont shake womens hands and women wont shake mens hands, it is against the religion to have physical contact but many people do shake hands with the other gender.
It is said if one is washed to pray and they shake the hand of the other gender than they have to wash again to pray which is not easy for everyone to do while on duty.
Other reasons some have said it is just respect not to shake hands and a few people have been brought up in not shaking hands.
To some it might seem disrespectful but then to some it is quite normal.
Hope that answers your question.

About the group photo, there is no religioues reason why MM wasnt with the men group photo but in the couples case from pictures, it looks like Haakon was in the mens section of the mosque.
In mosques men and women each have their sections, well in many mosques around the world.

Last edited:
Such a pity this trip is already over. I love to see fresh pix of them everyday !

Will there be pictures of the depature?
Thank you all for the pictures, this was a really nice trip to watch and follow.

Back
Top Bottom