Haakon & Mette-Marit's 40th Birthday

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely pictures!
Does anyone have the one with MM in her evening dress in the garden with Haakon in HQ?

Also, does anyone know if it has been mentioned if they are having a celebration for their birthdays?

Thank you, beautiful pictures!! I especially love the first one and the ones on the window. And of course the family pictures, great to see them all together, also Marius :flowers:
Here are bigger versions of some of the pictures http://www.vg.no/bildespesial/spesial.php?id=10451

About a birthday party, I posted some while ago about it, maybe it can be moved to this thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/haakons-current-events-15083-21.html#post1551580
It seems there will be a party on July 20 at Skaugum.

(Then maybe this post about the stamps can be moved here too http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...art-2-january-2013-a-34414-3.html#post1561912)

HAAKON.....The older the hotter. Never tired of him.:lol:
BTW really great outdoors..Is it Skaugum? Any idea?

Great picture thanks for posting them ! gosh hasnt the family
Grown

Wonderful photo's,very relaxed and happy looking family too!

Lovely pix, very nice !!! What a good idea !

Lovely pics, not some of my favorites, I did not get/understand the one with MM holding a book.

Thanks for those wonderful pictures. What a beautiful family!

Wonderful pics. Haakon is still incredibly hot and Marius is following his footsteps

Beautiful family!!! Haakon will be eternily hot and I agree Marius is following his footsteps, he's already as tall as them, ohhh, I wish he ends up with some heir princess, because it would be a waste (Of course as long as he chooses a girl he loves, I'll be happy and will be not a waste for him, but...I'm sure someone understand what I was trying to say :D )

Lovely photos, thank you all for posting. Marius is so tall now and Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus look sweet. Haakon is very good looking!

Last edited:
Article from tv2.no on the cost of security for the birthday and here is another article

This article mentions that some friends of the CP couple demand high security levels, can we guess that some of them are royalty?

I've posted it before, also a link in this thread, but none has read it it seems :whistling: I think some Royal friends are coming, therefore the high security (costs)...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/haakons-current-events-15083-21.html#post1551580
On July 20, 2013, CP Haakon celebrates his 40th birthday. It seems there will be a big party at Skaugum with other Royals invited.

There is a request of the police in Asker and Bærum regarding the establishment of a temporary restricted area over ​​Skaugum from Friday July 19, 2013 from 08:00 to Monday July 22, 2013 at 16:00 local time, as "the event will house many international royalty" :)

article with attached pdf-document Høring - etablering av restriksjonsområde over Skaugum - Luftfartstilsynet
Google Translation

Article from tv2.no on the cost of security for the birthday and here is another article

This article mentions that some friends of the CP couple demand high security levels, can we guess that some of them are royalty?

I can imagine that WA and Maxima will be there, maybe also Prince Constantijn and Laurentien (MM and Haakon was also there at their birthsdayparties), sure that Victoria and Daniel, maybe Frederick and Mary, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal, Princess Rosario... It can be that also Gwyneth Paltrow will be there... They have a lot of friends, famous, not famous but rich... It will be a huge party, I hope we will see some photos.:flowers:

Hopefully they don´t have to cancel the whole event because of 1.King Albert announcing his abdication just now for one of the celebrating days, the July 21st, and 2. Because police security might refuse to work on that days because of the high costs and the fact that there are summer holidays in Norway (as it is subject discussed on "Scand. Royals MB").....

Hopefully they don´t have to cancel the whole event because of 1.King Albert announcing his abdication just now for one of the celebrating days, the July 21st, and 2. Because police security might refuse to work on that days because of the high costs and the fact that there are summer holidays in Norway (as it is subject discussed on "Scand. Royals MB").....

I think a new King in Belgium won't have any impact on their birthday party, as there won't be a grand celebration with all the Crown Princes(ses) like in the Netherlands. So even if some guests cancelled because of this the party still goes on as they also have many non-royal friends they celebrate with.

As for the security, why shouldn't they work? Even if it's summer holidays that doesn't mean nobody works. One article posted before states, that there was no complaining from the police about working through the weekend, and that the costs are estimated not as high as stated in some media.

The cost seems quite high for a private party and I think the cost is much lower. Press like to add to the story and I think this is one of those stories.

The Belgium inauguration is said to be small and I doubt any foreign guests will be invited.

The band Coldplay will play at their party, also a number of Norwegian artists will be on stage in the garden of Skaugum. The couple is good friends with lead singer Chris Martin who is married to Gwyneth Paltrow who we all know is friends with Mette-Marit.
About 300 guests are invited. Among the confirmed guests are Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik (says Se og hør).
Chris martin - Coldplay til Skaugum - Seoghør.no Kongelige
Google Translation

Se og Hør: - Coldplay skal spille på kronprinsparets private fest - VG Nett om Kronprinsparet
Google Translation

:previous:thanks fairy tale:flowers:
but the articles deny that coldplay will be there. still it sounds like a huge party :):)

Hahaha they changed the original articles. When I read them it was said that they come (see also the original headlines ("Coldplay til Skaugum" = Coldplay to Skaugum and "Coldplay skal spille på kronprinsparets private fest" = Coldplay will play at Crown Prince couple's private party).
So now the Palace denied it...

Only critic, critic, critic... Are they so dissatisfied with the royals? Whatever she (or they) makes, nothing is good. I read some times ago, that after the CP-couple visit in Indonesia, the fishexport was so good like never before. So I think they give something back for Norway, much more in worth as the cost of a Valentino robe or the cost of this security-scandal... What do the norwegian folk want? I really don't understand them.
'Royal birthday fete lays bare need for a republic' - The Local

New pictures released for their 40th birthdays coming up

kongehuset.no - Kronprinsparet 40 år

some more pictures from this series
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details

In connection with the 40th anniversary Crown Prince Haakon has lined up in an exclusive interview with Hans Olav Brenner. This will be shown on NRK at his actual birthday, July 20.
KONGEFAMILIEN - Sommerglede på Skaugum - Side2
Google Translation

The recordings where Hans Olav Brenner (NRK) talks with the Crown Prince and several who know him, was made before the summer holidays and before the PFU judgment in the case against Se og Hør. The program does not mention this battle.
- "...we spent even more time on his thoughts about the monarchy's role and legitimacy in society..."
- "You can say what you want about his role as Crown Prince and future King, but our goal was to identify who this guy really is, who will fill these roles. I think we have come a long way in achieving that goal, says Brenner."
Kronprinsen gjør opp 40-årsstatus -itromso
Google Translation

Back
Top Bottom