Haakon & Mette-Marit Visit To Iceland June 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anna

Aristocracy
Official visit to Iceland 2004

Haakon and Mette-Marit will go on an official visit to Iceland 27. 30. june 2004

8.6.2004 -- 15:00 -- Offisielt besøk til Island

Etter invitasjon fra Hans Eksellense, Islands President, Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, vil Deres Kongelige Høyheter Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen avlegge et offisielt besøk til Island i tiden 27. – 30. juni. 2004.

Foruten Reykjavík skal Kronprinsparet besøke Snorre Sturlasons Reykholt og Alltingets historiske møteplass på Thingvellir.  Programmet omfatter besøk til Elkems ferrosilisiumsanlegg og åpning av en norsk keramikkutstilling i Gardabær.  Kronprinsparet vil også overvære en konsert med Ola Kvernberg Trio i Reykjavík.

I anledning av 100-årsmarkeringen av det moderne sildefisket på Island vil Hans Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsen og den islandske President besøke Siglufjördur.

That puts them into Iceland at roughly the same time as the Danish Royals transiting from Greenland to Denmark.

Genevieve  Posted: Jun 27th, 2004 - 5:23 pm

Very pretty Mette-Marit

Mette-Marit and Haakon

Haakon

Mette-Marit
MM looks best imho in the last picture you posted. Simply stunning in that blouse(?).

Taking a page from Frederik and Mary in Greenland, it looks like the northern isolated climate brings the best out in temperaments of the Royals.

Lyonnaise  Posted: Jun 27th, 2004 - 6:20 pm

earring

imho .... the "piece of resistance" is how well, they - MM and the earring - compliment each other. :)

Originally posted by Lyonnaise+Jun 27th, 2004 - 7:54 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lyonnaise @ Jun 27th, 2004 - 7:54 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Genevieve@Jun 27th, 2004 - 7:23 pm
Mette-Marit
She looks absolutely angelic in this picture! [/b][/quote]
This entire series of photos is wonderful. She looks just beautiful.

It's funny how taste works: some people on this board are all Mary Mary Mary, but I find Mette-Marit has a much more natural beauty than Mary--although sometimes her clothing does her no favors. But that's just my opinion and nothing else.

Originally posted by lucys@Jun 27th, 2004 - 10:31 pm
It's funny how taste works: some people on this board are all Mary Mary Mary, but I find Mette-Marit has a much more natural beauty than Mary--although sometimes her clothing does her no favors. But that's just my opinion and nothing else.
I agree with you, and I said so just a few days ago. Mette-Marit is what my mother calls a refreshing beauty. She looks beautiful no matter what situation she is in. She always glows and does so without glopping on five pounds of makeup.

I wonder why royals are going to the coldest places in the world. It's summer, head to the Caribbean!

Gabriella  Posted: Jun 27th, 2004 - 8:01 pm

It's summer, head to the Caribbean!
What, and fry ?
Summer trips to escape the heat, and winter vacations to Hawaii !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 27th, 2004 - 11:12 pm
Gabriella   Posted: Jun 27th, 2004 - 8:01 pm

It's summer, head to the Caribbean!
What, and fry ?
exactly. :flower:

To freeze or fry that is the question!

You do Iceland a bit of a disfavour ... it is warmed - as is Europe - by the Gulf Stream.

I would imagine its like Iqualit, Nunavat (Canada) ... I was there around this time of the year a number of years ago, and it was very nice. Running around in shirt-sleeves, and getting sunburnt.

The trouble, I suppose, is that you like to 'sweat' in balmy humid conditions year around and think that to be normal? :yuk: :yuk: :flower:

Originally posted by Gabriella+Jun 27th, 2004 - 11:01 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gabriella @ Jun 27th, 2004 - 11:01 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lucys@Jun 27th, 2004 - 10:31 pm
I agree with you, and I said so just a few days ago. Mette-Marit is what my mother calls a refreshing beauty. She looks beautiful no matter what situation she is in. She always glows and does so without glopping on five pounds of makeup.

I wonder why royals are going to the coldest places in the world. It's summer, head to the Caribbean! [/b][/quote]
i agree with both of you.....Mette- Marit is more of a natural beauty than Mary.......
Mette-Marit's gestures are more natural....Mary gives people a feeling that she's trying to fit in as a "crown princess"....I found her smiles are sometimes kind of fake or unnatural

i agree with both of you.....Mette- Marit is more of a natural beauty than Mary.......
Mette-Marit's gestures are more natural....Mary gives people a feeling that she's trying to fit in as a "crown princess"....I found her smiles are sometimes kind of fake or unnatural

I don't agree, about beauty and bone structure Mary off course is more beautiful and better. MM skin looks so pale, putting make up only make her face like mask, indeed MM is better with ultralight make up.

I agree MM smile looks natural than Mary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, Mette-Marit is such a natural beauty. That curly hairstyle is very refreshing for her. I think pastels suits her very well.

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 27th, 2004 - 11:42 pm
You do Iceland a bit of a disfavour ... it is warmed - as is Europe - by the Gulf Stream.

I would imagine its like Iqualit, Nunavat (Canada) ... I was there around this time of the year a number of years ago, and it was very nice. Running around in shirt-sleeves, and getting sunburnt.

The trouble, I suppose, is that you like to 'sweat' in balmy humid conditions year around and think that to be normal? :yuk: :yuk: :flower:
I certainly don't want to do anyone a disfavor, but it does look pretty cold there to me. After all, the ladies are all wearing gloves and scarves. I spent the day in shorts, flip-flops and a tank top. I think that anywhere in Canada would be a bit to cold for me. I was in California last summer - San Diego mind you, and could be seen wearing a sweatshirt every single morning and night - even though it did warm up during the day. I would go nowhere near the water! Brr, it was freezing!

I don't think that I like to sweat, who does? But I suppose that I am quite used to my hot humid weather, and so just about anything looks cold to me!

Oh, and King Christian, I can solve your question about Banana Creme pie and Boston Creme pie. Neither. Go for the Key Lime Pie. Much tastier! :p

I don't know if anybody hs referenced this link. Very nice pictures, and in my experience, they - the pictures - stay around longer than some picture providers we know. ;)

They look like some extras from V. :innocent:

Mette-Marit: Is it time for lunch yet? Where is my rat? :innocent:

nice pictures Lyonnaise. Coult it be said, that you're a fan of Haakon ? :flower:

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 30th, 2004 - 12:48 am
nice pictures Lyonnaise. Coult it be said, that you're a fan of Haakon ? :flower:
I dunno... He's not in my top five princes but he reminds me so much of my best friend's husband that I can't help but like him.

To be fair, I posted all the photos of Mette-Marit that were available. Can't blame me if the photographer liked him more :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom