Haakon and Mette-Marit picture thread: part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fab pictures !!!!!!!!!!!

I have never seen videos of her pre-wedding days or shortly after. Therefore I can only comment on the pictures from that time and she did look happier and most important more interested in the events she was attending. These days she can look quite sour and annoyed. I knew she was shy, because in so many pictures from back then Haakon is holding her hand. A lot of people said it was because they were so in love, but to me it always looked a little like Haakon was leading a frightened child around.

You are right, Larzen, she has gained quite a bit of weight with two pregnancies in short order, but she is a wealthy woman who can afford to get her clothes tailored to fit well.

I agree w/ both Larzen and also w/ Sylla. I think MM was better dressed earlier in her marriage, maybe b/c she WAS skinnier, but I think now she has lots more self-esteem in front of the camera and looks taller-better. I think she had alot to deal with in the beginning, what w/ everyone making such a big deal out of her past and now she IS the Crown Princess-y'know what I mean?

It seems to me that she can carry herself well despite of how people may view her.

I find CP MM fashion sense unique to her own - it's abit casual at times but it's her style and something she finds comfortable. I think in the earlier days, you cld see her strugging abit with everything but with time, she's more confident, assured and coming into her own.

It's great to see her develop into her role and life as a CP and i think she remains one of the few CP who really hasn't change much in terms of personality.

Se og hør had this extra magazin in last issue to mark that they have been married for 5 years, I have scanned most of it for this board, but had to edit a little and leave two pages out because it contians some nunn images. also there was two pages from the sunburn incident and really no need to see giant close up of Haakons skin peeling of IMO. the text is really just bla bla so and not worth translationg so I just give a short summary to each page

1 Front page, official picture taken in 2004 by Jo Michael
2-3 the difficult romance: there is aquote from the recent Elle: Many people had a picture on how the Crown Princes fiancee should be and I did not fit into that picture
4-5 The Fairytale Wedding. Haakon in the gala uniform from the army, Mette-Marit in her wedding dress from Ove Harder Finseth
6-7 The children are growing
8-9 Two worlds, about official life and private life, official life with more official clothes,lots of staff, dresser, hairdresser (not always it seems:wacko: ) and how they have an appartment inside Skaugum upstairs where they can mostly manage by them selves (I honestly doubt they to the cleaning them selves but probably more cosy than the rather oldfashioned and museum-like down stairs)

continues....

1-2 The New extended Family. Harald and Sonja became grand parents late in life but when it first happened they got alot, Harald says the family and the childre in particular were very important in his time of illness

3-4 Meeting with the people, travelling the country started right after the wedding,another county trip is comming up in september

5-6 travelling the World, both together and Mette-Marit alone (Haakons solo trips are not picture worthy it seems)

7-8 Fashion Princess: Before the engagement on as good as every picture she wore jeans and trainers, with the help of the best of Norwegian and international fashion designers her style has changed dramatically
Translation of the captions to the outfits feautured
- In Prada from head to toe meeting the Italian President in 2004
- This dream of an iceblue tulle ball gown by Ove Harder Finseth was earlier this year voted her most beautiful by the readers of Se og hør (they also voted Sonjas salmon dress worn a gazillion times her most beautiful.....)
- Beige suit. A suit I had never worn before she said shortly after the engagement, today she has many
- This blue tube dress with a short Jacket Mette-Marit got from Valentino for the CP wedding in Denmark
- Mette-Marit always gets alot of attention for her hats, the blue one for C and C wedding is by Sylvia Fletcher and the silver one for Ingrids christening is by Philip Treacy
- Dalmatian: Mette-Marit is perfectly put together and elegant in this ensemble in black and white, over a simple white dress she wears a coat with black lace and, hat with feather and original strappy shoes

9-10 good friends and supportes

Thank you so much for the lovely scans, Larzen. We've seen all the pictures before, but seeing them put together like that emphasises how far Mette-Marit has come.

And it also reinforces my belief that she shouldn't ever wear beige... she looks so washed out. But the black outfit she wore at the Italian state-visit, as well as the dress she wore at the Danish wedding... she looked stunning.

I really liked her hair the length it was when she was in USA: http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0023bs6.jpg It had more oompth... ;)

Thank you for scanning the special report, Larzen, the scans of the pictures are very good!

norwegianne said:
Thank you so much for the lovely scans, Larzen. We've seen all the pictures before, but seeing them put together like that emphasises how far Mette-Marit has come.
Actually i think Haakon has changed more, Mette-Marit is mostly clothes, makeup, hair etc. You can still see "her" in the old pictures, her gestures, her way of standing etc, but Haakon, He has become more buff, better trained, the beird, and most importantly he does not walk like a seagull anymore like he used to. He also holds himself, and talks different, its like he has aged atleast 10 years since his wedding, where he looked 23 so I guess he is catching up with his age;)

Siste also has a photospecial I guess there will be more to come the next days
http://www.siste.no/bildeserier/article2253377.ece

Thanks for the lovely scans
I think she looks great most of the time

is there a event that the two of them as taken part in each year from they got married?

I am so thankful HM found true love and didn't marry for any other reason. I appaud him for standing up for what he wanted, and for who he wanted. I think they look wonderful together and they make a great family.
People of Norway should be very proud.

sm1939 said:
Fab pictures !!!!!!!!!!!

where I can find the photo in big version of your avatar¿

Has anyone noticed how much alike MM and her husband look?
They say we try and choose "mirror" of ourselves in appearance
for marriage. I think they must have done that?
R.

To be honest with you ...

And it also reinforces my belief that she shouldn't ever wear beige... she looks so washed out. But the black outfit she wore at the Italian state-visit, as well as the dress she wore at the Danish wedding... she looked stunning.

I really liked her hair the length it was when she was in USA: ImageShack - Hosting :: scan0023bs6.jpg It had more oompth... ;)

I had never seen these pictures before!
Lucky you, what have ...

I found the whole thing to be quite the treat.
THANK you, Larzen!

-- Abbie

This pink coat is wonderful.... the first time I see this pic too !

When she went to the US on her own she was extremely well dressed all

Back
Top Bottom