Guess the name and sex of the new baby...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will Ingrid Alexandra and Marius get a sister or a brother?

• A sister

Votes: 53 30.6%
  • A brother

Votes: 120 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A boy, maybe a Harald or Haakon.

I was looking on profiles of old Norwegian Kings, and Norway have had many Princess and Queen with beatiful names as Maria and Ingegerd (the daugthers of King Harald III Sigursson (1015-1066) also known as Harald Hårdråde)
Maybe Haakon and MM name the child after really old norewgian royal names so her are some names from old Norwegian Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses:
Boy names: (Gosh i have to laugth of many of them!)
-Guthorm (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Håkonsdottir)
-Halvdan (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Håkonsdottir)
-Sigfrod (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Håkonsdottir)
-Alof Arbot (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)
-Thorgils (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)
-Roerek (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)
-Sigtrygg (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)

Girl names:
-Gyda (Queen Gyda Ericsdottir, married to Harald I Fairhair)
-Snöfrid (Queen Snöfrid Swasisdottir, marries to Harald I Fairhair)
-Swanhilda (Queen Swanhilda Öesteinsdottir, also married to Harald I Fairhair)
-Gudrod Skiria (daugther of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Astrid Ringsdottir)
-Thora (Queen Thora, first wife of Harald I Fairhair and Princess Thora, daugther of Haakon I Adelstensfostre the Good)
-Thyra (Queen Thyra Haraldsdottir, married to Olav I)
-Cecilia (Queen Cecilia, married to Sigurd I, and princess Cecilia, daugther of Sigurd II and Queen Gunhild)
-Cecilie (Princess Cecilie, daugther of Sverre I and Queen Astrid)
-Christina (Daugther of Sigurd I and Queen Malmfrid
-Brigida (Daugther of Harald IV and Queen Biadak)

and its many more!! but of the nems i have posted i like Guthorm,Ingegerd, Maria and Cecilie best (Maybe a Princes Maria Cecilie/a?)

Last edited:
LaMinka said:
I was looking on profiles of old Norwegian Kings, and Norway have had many Princess and Queen with beatiful names as Maria and Ingegerd (the daugthers of King Harald III Sigursson (1015-1066) also known as Harald Hårdråde)
Maybe Haakon and MM name the child after really old norewgian royal names so her are some names from old Norwegian Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses:
Boy names: (Gosh i have to laugth of many of them!)
-Guthorm (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Håkonsdottir)
-Halvdan (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Håkonsdottir)
-Sigfrod (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Håkonsdottir)
-Alof Arbot (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)
-Thorgils (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)
-Roerek (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)
-Sigtrygg (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Gyda Ericsdottri)

Girl names:
-Gyda (Queen Gyda Ericsdottir, married to Harald I Fairhair)
-Snöfrid (Queen Snöfrid Swasisdottir, marries to Harald I Fairhair)
-Swanhilda (Queen Swanhilda Öesteinsdottir, also married to Harald I Fairhair)
-Gudrod Skiria (daugther of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Astrid Ringsdottir)
-Thora (Queen Thora, first wife of Harald I Fairhair and Princess Thora, daugther of Haakon I Adelstensfostre the Good)
-Thyra (Queen Thyra Haraldsdottir, married to Olav I)
-Cecilia (Queen Cecilia, married to Sigurd I, and princess Cecilia, daugther of Sigurd II and Queen Gunhild)
-Cecilie (Princess Cecilie, daugther of Sverre I and Queen Astrid)
-Christina (Daugther of Sigurd I and Queen Malmfrid
-Brigida (Daugther of Harald IV and Queen Biadak)

and its many more!! but of the nems i have posted i like Guthorm,Ingegerd, Maria and Cecilie best (Maybe a Princes Maria Cecilie/a?)
Of the girls names you suggested, I love the idea of a Princess Thyra Christina.

Maybe the new child get three names (but likely not) so here are some suggestions with three names:
Thora Sonja Andrea
-Thora: Queen Thora (first wife of Harald I Fairhair) and Princess Thora (daugther of Haakon I)
-Sonja: Queen Sonja
-Andrea: Ingrid Andrea Hoiby (MM's pateral grandmother)
Maria Lusia Cecilia
-Maria: Princess Maria (daugther of King Harald III)
-Lusia: Princess Märtha Louise (Lusia insted of Louise/a)
-Cecilia: Queen Cecilia (married to Sigurd I) and princess Cecilia (daugther of Sigurd II and Queen Gunhild)
Sophia Anne Elisabeth
-Sophia: Sophia Anne Lorentzen(the baby's 2 cousin) and Countess of Wessex
-Anne: The Princess Royal (Haakons godmother)
-Elisabeth: Elisabeth Ferner Beckman (Haakons Cousin)
Magnus Harald Mikael
-Magnus: CP Haakon Magnus
-Harald: King Harald
-Mikael: Ari Mikael Behn
Olav Guthorm Edward
-Olav: King Olav
-Guthorm: Prince Guthorm (son of Harald I Fairhair and Queen Åsa Haakonsdottir)
-Edward: King Olav (Alexander Edward Christian Fredrik) and Prince Edward (Haakons friend (and his sisters ex boyfriend))

kwanfan said:
Of the girls names you suggested, I love the idea of a Princess Thyra Christina.
I like that name to!

Harald Magnus Karl Philip Edmund Knud Erik Olav

Here are some other names of Norways Queens (by marrige)
-Ellisiv
-Malmfrid
-Ragna
-Euphamia
-Isabella
-Blanka
-Filippa
-Dorotea
-Katarina
-Eugeine
-Anna Cathrine
-Sofie Amalie
-Charlotte Amalie
-Anna Sofie
-Sofie Magdalene
-Juliane Marie
-Caroline Mathilde
-Marie Sofie Fredrikke
-Hedvig Elisabeth Charlotte
-Desirée
-Joséphine
-Eufemia
-Louise
-Sophie

Last edited:
girl Astrid Sophie Martha Sonja

boy Olaf Harold Magnus Frederick

Hmmm... Girl or boy?

Kristin was one of the names I really liked around the time of Ingrid Alexandra's birth, and time has done nothing to diminish that.

I like the names Kristine Marie or Marie Kristine. Lovely names that never go out of fashion (IMO).:)

For a boy, I really like the name Karl August, after Queen Sonja's father.

Gloriana said:
I like the names Kristine Marie or Marie Kristine. Lovely names that never go out of fashion (IMO).:)

For a boy, I really like the name Karl August, after Queen Sonja's father.
Again, I think its a girl.. And I just have too say.. I love your guesses! Prince Karl August... Just Beautiful and a nice honor to Sonjas father and a Princess Marie Kristine is also lovley.

Well, I especially like it because my name is Maria Kristina.;)

Gloriana said:
Well, I especially like it because my name is Maria Kristina.;)
Well, you have a very beautiful name, Maria!

Thanks.:eek:

Another good name would be Carl Oscar (or Karl Oskar). This way, it would be a tribute to King Haakon VII (Prince Carl of Denmark) and the last King to rule over both Norway and Sweden (Oscar II).

I think it's a girl, and I have no idea what they will call her. I just love to see all royal babies, regardless of their sex or name. It's just fun for me to watch the expansion of the royal houses.

Gloriana said:
Thanks.:eek:

Another good name would be Carl Oscar (or Karl Oskar). This way, it would be a tribute to King Haakon VII (Prince Carl of Denmark) and the last King to rule over both Norway and Sweden (Oscar II).

Now i need help from the Norwegians. As far as i have heard the Swedish kings were not very popular in Norway.
I heard that in 1814 the Norwegian people said that they would stay in union with Denmark or be independent?
Have I got it Right??

I very much doubt that they'll be naming the kid after a Swedish king, to put it like that.

And as far as 1814 goes, it was "be independent", no question about adding Denmark to the mix again, even if a Danish prince was elected to be Norwegian king. (We seem to do that a lot.)

Sverre would be a nice name - the Norwegian king who was born at the Faroe Islands

Good one! Hadn't though of that.:D

Prince Sverre of Norway... has a nice ring to it.

That's sounds like a great name, it doesn't seem too old, nor too modern.

Do any members know how long it's been since the name was used among royalty in Norway?

Layla1971 said:
That's sounds like a great name, it doesn't seem too old, nor too modern.

Do any members know how long it's been since the name was used among royalty in Norway?
roughly 800-900 years, from the top of my head. The last one was King Sverre.

(if you don't count the Norwegian television series "Hotel Cæsar" which had a character called "Prince Sverre".)

norwegianne said:
roughly 800-900 years, from the top of my head. The last one was King Sverre.

(if you don't count the Norwegian television series "Hotel Cæsar" which had a character called "Prince Sverre".)

Thanks, maybe it's time the couple brought the name 'Prince Sverre' into modern times. It sounds like it would fit into the family too (IMO).:)

norwegianne said:
Sverre would be a nice name - the Norwegian king who was born at the Faroe Islands

How would you pronounce Sverre?

I think it's going to be a boy. As for a name...I like Aricin Olav. Although now that I've seen it, Sverre looks interesting. Magnus would be good too, but kind of similar to Marius...

Does anyone know the due date for the new baby?

late November. There isn't given anything beyond that.

I voted for a boy.

But I don't no any norwegian name apart from the ones used by the Royal Family.

Mathias sounds very sweet, Sverre sounds odd (in portuguese pronunciation of course) and Magnus sounds too close to Marius.

But I subscribe what all of you say - let's hope everything turns OK to the crown princess and she delivers a healthy and strong boy or girl (I would like the baby to have lots of hair too ;) to avoy 2 years speculation like it happen with Ingrid :rolleyes: ).

Regards,
mtbcm:)

For a boy I think the baby will be named, Harald, but if it is a girl, I think she will be named Anna, or Ana. Although, MM and Haakon do pick nice names, so whatever they decide, I am sure it will be beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom