Guess the name and sex of the new baby...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will Ingrid Alexandra and Marius get a sister or a brother?

• A sister

Votes: 53 30.6%
  • A brother

Votes: 120 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Girlnames

Girl:
--Isabella Charlotte
Isabella- one of the Norwegian queen was named Isabella
Charlotte- some of the Norwegian queen was named Charlotte, and that is also one of Queen Maud names
--Krisitn Fillipa
Kristin- after Mette-Marit's sister and Kristin is also a name of Norwegian queens and princesses
Fillipa- a name of Norwegian queens and princesses
--Thyra Sophie
Thyra- a name of Norwegian queens and princesses
Sophie- after Sophie of Wessex
--Blancha Mathilde
Blancha- a name of Norwegian queens and princesses
Mathilde- a name of Norwegian queens and princesses
--Amalie Louise
Amalie- a name of Norwegian queens
Louise- after Martha Louise
--Maud Nathalie
Maud- after Queen Maud
Nathalie- i have no idea, but i is a nice name, and a royal
--Dagny Victoria
Dagny- after Haakon's materal grandmother
Victoria- after Queen Maud
--Mary Angelica
Mary- after Queen Maud
Angelica- after Maud Angelica

Mariella

Last edited:
Boys

Boy:
--Olav Mathias
Olav- after king Olav and Mette-Marit's father Sven Olav Bjarte Hoiby
Mathias- its the 3 moste use boyname in Norway in 2005
--Eirik Christopher
Eirik- after the Norwegian kings Eirik
Cristopher- after the Norwegian kings Christopher
--Magnus Mathias
Magnus- after Haakon
Mathias- its the 1 moste use boyname in Norway in 2005
--Carl Fredrik
Carl- after king Haakon 7. (He was nown as Carl, prince of Denmark and Unkle Charles(just fore the British royal family))
Fredrik- after the Danish/Norwegian kings
--Haakon Harald
Haakon- after Haakon
Harald- after king Harald
--Øystein Mikael
Øystein- after the Øystein'kings
Mikael- after princess consort Ari Behn
--Knud Nikolas
Knud- after king Knud of Denmark and Norway
Nikolas- after prince Nikolas of Greece
--Espen Willem
Espen- after Mette-Marit's brother
Willem- after Prince Willem-Alexander

Mariella

Last edited:
And my friend Angelin have read that Mette-Marit is pregnant with a boy.

Will Ingrid Alexandra have a little brother?
Things might suggest that the Crown Princely couple is expecting a boy.

Crown Prince Haakon (32) and Mette-Marit (31) most likely know the gender of the baby they are expecting in December, writes Se og Hør.

According to the weekly magazine, they have talked to friends that everything suggests that their next child will be a boy. In addition to that, the Crown Princely couple shall also have been looking at baby clothes, and been particularly interested in the “boy colours”.

Regardles of the gender of the baby he or she will be number three in the line to the throne.

Future teller (spåmann) Henning Hai Lee Yang said in April that a lot suggested that the Crown Princely couples' second child would be a boy. What more he says about the coming child you can see by following the link below.

(I haven’t attatched the mentioned link to this post, but you will find it by following the link I attach as source). My translation.

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article432540.ece

I don't think this is too reliable, since this web site is rather tabloid and it bases its article on information from Se og Hør which is a not too serious magazine. But still, it will be fun to see if it will be as the future teller and the magazine predicts. I guess there will be a 50/50 chance :)

They can name the baby after King Johan or King Karl Johan, and name the baby Johannes. William is also a nice name after Ingrid Alexandra and the new babys 2 or 3 cousin Karl William Haraldsen (The brother of Pia and Haakon Haraldsen)

I think it is going to be a boy.

Possible names for a boy or a girl:

Boy:

Olav--may not be the first name of the child, but it will be one of the names
Haakon--for the father and great-granfather, Haakon VII
Carl--the original name of Haakon VII
Alexander--King Olav was originally Prince Alexander of Denmark

Girl:

Sonia--for Queen Sonia
Martha--for Harold's mother
Maud--for Queen Maud, King Olav's mother
Elizabeth--A regal name and Queen Sonia is a good friend to Queen Elizabeth II

tiaraprin said:
I think it is going to be a boy.

Possible names for a boy or a girl:

Boy:

Olav--may not be the first name of the child, but it will be one of the names
Haakon--for the father and great-granfather, Haakon VII
Carl--the original name of Haakon VII
Alexander--King Olav was originally Prince Alexander of Denmark

Girl:

Sonia--for Queen Sonia
Martha--for Harold's mother
Maud--for Queen Maud, King Olav's mother
Elizabeth--A regal name and Queen Sonia is a good friend to Queen Elizabeth II
I don't think they name the baby Alexander or Maud. Alexander coming to be too close to Alexandra, and Maud Angelica Behn is named Maud after Queen Maud. So is Haakon and Mette-Marit will name there new baby after Queen Maud they can use Charlotte, Victoria or Mary (Maud was born Princess Maud Charlotte Mary Victoria of Wales). And if they will name the baby after King Olav they can name the baby Olav, Edward, Christian or Fredrik and not Alexander (King Olav was born as Prince Alexander Edward Christian Fredrik of Denmark, he was named after Aleaxandra and Edward 7. of Britan)

Last edited:
I think it'll be a boy. I like the name Magnus too, but maybe they'll go with something a little less traditional.

i think mette-marit will become a son.and i don´t know the typical norwegian names.

Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway:

Girl: Sonja Louise

Girl: Victoria Astrid
Girl: Elisabeth Cathrine(/or Catherine/or Katherine)

Boy: Olav Harald
Boy: Karl August (after Sonja's dad)
Boy: Johan Christian

Jus a few guesses. :)

It just have to be a boy..it just have to....

Sorry I didn't make it clear in my post. I think Maud or Alexandra will be among her middle names if she is a girl. Princess Martha already has little Maud Angelica. Perhaps Alexander could also be among the middle names for a boy. I definitely believe that Olav will be among a boy's name!

tiaraprin said:
Sorry I didn't make it clear in my post. I think Maud or Alexandra will be among her middle names if she is a girl. Princess Martha already has little Maud Angelica. Perhaps Alexander could also be among the middle names for a boy. I definitely believe that Olav will be among a boy's name!
The Norwegian royals only have two names.

LaMinka said:
The Norwegian royals only have two names.

They don't give 4 or 5 like the British Royals? Is there a law about names in Norway or is it just tradition?

hippiesheep said:
:eek:

I hope not!

;)

You know what that person was tryiing to say!!:cool: ;) :p She hopes Mette-Marit will give birth to a son!!:) :)

Lady Jennifer said:
Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway:

Girl: Sonja Louise

Girl: Victoria Astrid
Girl: Elisabeth Cathrine(/or Catherine/or Katherine)

Boy: Olav Harald
Boy: Karl August (after Sonja's dad)
Boy: Johan Christian

Jus a few guesses. :)

Ohh. i love the name Karl August!

tiaraprin said:
They don't give 4 or 5 like the British Royals? Is there a law about names in Norway or is it just tradition?
I do not think its a tradison or a law, Princess Astrid have three names (Astrid Maud Ingeborg), King Harald only have one name and Ragnhild Alexandra, Haakon Magnus, Ingrid Alexandra, Maud Angelica, Leah Isadora and Märtha-Louise have two names. Kikki or Norwegianne, do you know more about this?

There really isn't a law about it, except for the standard Norwegian naming laws. (You can't name your child something that will be a burden to them later in life, etc...)

I'm also a bit unsure how much Haakon and Mette-Marit is jumping on the renaming/naming after relative-carousel with their second child. I think they're more free to do what they want. Not as free as Märtha and Ari, but still.

I think two names is probably likely. Maybe three if they want. Four seems extremely unlikely, as, I think, the name is supposed to go well with the names of the existing brother and sister. Marius, Ingrid Alexandra, and Karl August Emil Hans... doesn't quite work for me... ;)

I think it will be a Little Prince.

To break off from traditional names and what not. It would be tight if they named there new daughter (if they have another one) Shakira not after the singer but in general.

Doesn't Princess Shakira of Norway sound nice to any of you? I think it sounds perfect. But thats just me.

The O.C. Fanatic said:
To break off from traditional names and what not. It would be tight if they named there new daughter (if they have another one) Shakira not after the singer but in general.

Doesn't Princess Shakira of Norway sound nice to any of you? I think it sounds perfect. But thats just me.

That is cute. I think she will have a girl too.

norwegianne said:
There really isn't a law about it, except for the standard Norwegian naming laws. (You can't name your child something that will be a burden to them later in life, etc...)

Maybe the USA should do something like that! :p :D
No more kids named after cars- like Camino! Or foods, or clothing lines! :rolleyes:

A little prince Astrid Louise, Victoria Louise, or Louise Elisabeth would be so nice.

I was just reading that Mette-Marit's great-greatgrandmothers name was Ellen Serine, and Princess Serine.... just beatiful!!!

With 94 votes in the poll: 72 believe that Ingrid Alexandra and Marius will have a brother, 22 believe that they will get a sister.

(Can't December come, already? ;))

I voted ~> a brother hopefully!!!! Praying for Mette-Marit, she is Very nice!

A boy, so Ingrid Alexandra has another brother.
About names, I really don't know many Norwgian names so I can't comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom