General News & Information about Haakon, Mette-Marit & Family 2: June 2020 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for General News and Information about Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family!

You can find the old thread here:

** General News & Information about Haakon,Mette-Marit & Family 1: July 2014 - June 2020 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

"Proud dad ... Ingrid finished 10 years of schooling ❤️ Thanks to all the teachers, school friends and good parents throughout all these years in Asker, Bærum and last year at Uranienborg school. We couldn't be more proud of our beautiful girl."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBlq-J_lFzA/

Pardon my ignorance isn't school mandatory til the age of 18 or 19?
What does this mean for IA?

Pardon my ignorance isn't school mandatory til the age of 18 or 19?
What does this mean for IA?

No it’s mandatory up to age of 16 in Norway.

Ingrid Alexandra is 16. What will happen now?

:previous: Upper secondary school (high school). The school she was attending this year only goes up to year 10.

Her father and Aunt attended Kristelig Gymnasium for their upper secondary.

She finished primary (Barneskole) and 'lower secondary school' (middle school/Ungdomsskole); she didn't finish 'upper secondary school' (high school/Videregående skole) yet. If I am not mistaken, all students (in Scandinavia) stay together for primary and 'lower secondary school' and will split up for 'upper secondary school'. However, not all students move on to upper secondary school. According to Wikipedia 73% of students graduate from upper secondary school. The 'general track' of upper secondary is normally required to enter university.

Last edited:
I remember it so well, it was a beautiful wedding in every way, especially the dress !

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad to see them again.

Yes, Haskon has been visiting 6 counties along the coast. His agenda continues tomorrow

https://www.kongehuset.no/artikkel.html?tid=184637&sek=112472

The Crown Prince will visit Askim, Rygge, Stokke, Flekkefjord, Stavanger, Florø and Kristiansund and meet people in sectors such as health, agriculture, volunteering, media, education, oil and energy.*The voyage will take place with the Royal Norwegian Ship.

Yes, Haskon has been visiting 6 counties along the coast. His agenda continues tomorrow

https://www.kongehuset.no/artikkel.html?tid=184637&sek=112472

The Crown Prince will visit Askim, Rygge, Stokke, Flekkefjord, Stavanger, Florø and Kristiansund and meet people in sectors such as health, agriculture, volunteering, media, education, oil and energy.*The voyage will take place with the Royal Norwegian Ship.

Is there any nobility in Norway like Sweden and Denmark?

Is there any nobility in Norway like Sweden and Denmark?
As per the Nobility law of 1821 the titles and privileges of the Norwegian nobility are abolished and has no legal recognition. The nobles at the time could apply to keep their titles and certain privileges for themselves and their children. Under 20 families did apply and the last legally recognised member of the Norwegian nobility died around the year 1910. Some families such as the Wedel-Jarlsbergs, Løvenskiolds and Treschows still retain their old estates but it should be pointed out that after the end of the Middle ages the Norwegian nobility was never as rich and powerful as that in Sweden and Denmark (from where most of the nobility were descended).

How lovely! It seems rather cold out there but she's still not afraid to get out in the water.

Congrats to Ingrid Alexandra! I didn't know she was a keen surfer.

Congratulations to ingrid Alexandra, nice to see her.

Today, Princess Ingrid Alexandra won the Norwegian Surfing Championships for junior women. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
The entire Crown Prince family has this weekend been present at the Surf Championships held at Jæren.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGur1fZJh7f/?igshid=jo2s89z7rehs

Good for her!

I like that the focus is on IA having fun, competing and winning in an activity that requires skill and physical strength instead of on her looks, hair and wardrobe.

Any information on the signet ring Crown Prince Haakon wears? Perhaps similar tradition as the PoW and his signet ring? IMG_6740.JPG

He doesn't use it anymore since august even the wedding band. But i wNt to know the meaning too.

A reason for him not wearing a ring might be that it's hard to maintain good hand hygiene with them on.

Back
Top Bottom