Family Of Crown Princess Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roger-Doger!

I don't know anyone who knows the royal family - all the things I've mentioned are things that have come out in interviews with the royals, or articles about them, or in photoshoots. :flowers:

Gotcha!

How lucky are you to have places where you can read all about European Royals with any degree of regularity!

Good naturedly, I envy you. :rolleyes:

O no thats terrible news! My thoughts are with Marit Tjissem, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and their friends and family circle

I feel sorry for the family. My sincerest condolences to the family.

I didn't know Marit was remarried. anyway may he rest in peace.
my condolences to the family.
Mette-Marit lost her father last year and now the stepfather, poor her.

That is sad news. My sincerest condolences to the family.

my prayers will be with the family at this most difficult time.

Announcement by the Royal House:
kongehuset.no - Rolf Berntsens bortgang

Rolf Berntsens bortgang
I forbindelse med Rolf Berntsens bortgang kan det bli forandringer i Deres Kongelige Høyheter Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessens program.

Kronprinsparet vil delta ved åpningen av det nye operahuset i Oslo, lørdag 12. april 2008.

The Death of MM's stepfather will cause changes in the CP couple's agenda.
It's also said they will attend the Opening of the Opera this Saturday.

I Am Sorry. I Hope That The Family Are Better Soon.

Rolf was a very good looking gentleman. What was his profession? That's too bad for the Princess and her family.

What sad news. My condolences to Mette-Marit and her family. May he RIP.

Rolf was a very good looking gentleman. What was his profession? That's too bad for the Princess and her family.

His career before retirement was a head engineer at a factory, and later he had his own consultancy. Later he has been the head of a work training centre in Kristiansand - a foundation where former substance-abusers who wants to get help to rehabilitate themselves. He has also been the head of the Norwegian association for people who have had heart or lung transplants (he had a heart transplant in the 90s) :flowers:

Everybody VG talked to mentioned that he never talked about Mette-Marit, or the royals, in public, and that he was known for his discretion. Tung tid for Mette-Marit - VG Nett

Last edited:
Was he only a stepfather or a good friend for Mette-Marit? I am shocked about that news. I couldn't imagine how it have to feel loosing two fathers between one year. Let us hope that they are strong enough to handle this terrible happening.

He sounds like the kind of father one can truly be proud of. I am probably going to get a lot of flack for saying this, but, well, now she has a reason to wear all black.

Sorry to hear about the family's loss.

I feel sorry for Mette-Marit. It is sad news. May you be well and may he find peace. He seems to be a good soul. My condolences.

can't understand why ingrid alexandra attended the funeral. she is far to young in my opinion.

I think that she's that age where she's had interaction with her step-grandfather, that she will likely remember and attending the funeral might help with answering questions and closure.

She didn't attend Sven O. Høiby's funeral last year, and I doubt she spent as much time with him as she did with Rolf Berntsen.

I know that when my grandfather died when I was four, both my younger sister and I were at the funeral, but I can't remember much of it. It's nice to know that I was there, though. :ermm:

What happen to Marius? He look scare.

Last edited:
Marus' looks like he is cold and his hair looks awfully greasy. Maybe he was ill but wanted to attend.

What happen to Marius? He look scare.
If you ask me he just looked really sad. His face was swollen because he cried. You can see it clearly in some pics. Pretty normal.

Haakon looked quite annoyed by the press. I really can understand that. It's normal that they show interest in their Royals.. but IMO they should just leave them alone during such an personal event.

i also think ingrid is far too young to attend, but that might just be a cultural thing.
mette marit certainly looks affected, at least even more so than at the funeral of her father.

is that ugg boots ingrid wore? she looks adorable nevertheless. marius is going to be a heart breaker when he grows older. he is already incredibly good-looking!

Back
Top Bottom