Family Of Crown Princess Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terrible news. My condolences for the Crown Princess and her family.

Condolences to Princess Mette Marit although she didn't exactly enjoy a good relationship with her dad... but blood still runs thicker.

Condolences to Mette-Marit and the rest of her family.

KikkiB said:
CP M-M's father has passed away today after being ill for a long time. He had lung cancer and was also struggling with KOLS (lung dicease that heavy smokers often struggle with).

How long was he ill ?

What exactly is the difference between KOLS and lung cancer?

My deep condolences for Princess Mette-Marit.
What a sad notice. I´m Sorry for her.

hrhcp said:
How long was he ill ?

What exactly is the difference between KOLS and lung cancer?

I think he was ill since the autumn, and that the cancer was found out on a rather late state. I think he had some surgery before Christmas.

Not being a professionally trained medical person. KOLS is an abbrevation for Kronisk Obstruktiv Lunge Sykdom, which translated into English would be something like Cronical Obstructive Lung Dicease. It's a dicease where the lungs themselves slowly stops working, I guess it has something to do with the "hairs" in the lungs that heavy smokers "burns" off and you get fluids/phlegm in the lungs and eventually you end up with needing extra oxygen. While with cancer I think there are tumours growing on the lungs. It's as far as I know two different diagnosis.

Mette-Marit has cancelled her attendance at the 20th Amandus festival at Lillehammer on monday and the gala dinner for the diplomats on tuesdays.

According to Astird Versto the time of the funeral will be anounced in a death notice in the paper shortly as is usual with all deaths in Norway, it has not been decided who from the royal family will attend, but the speculations are Haakon, Mette-Marit and Marius.

Astrid Versto was yesterday in Mette-Marits mothers appartment where alot a press had gathered outside as it was expected the couple would come there. Versto asked the press not to take pictures should the couple come there which most of the press, not suprisingly, did not agree with, however the crown prince couple did not come to this appartment yesterday or today either so far, supposedly they are at the summerhouse of Mette-Marits family in Søgne.
http://www.fvn.no/nyheter/kristiansand/article456749.ece
- Det blir nok en mer eller mindre privat begravelse

Sounds like emphysema. Has to be one of the worst ways to go.

sorry and my Condoleances to mette marit

My condolences to the family .. Mette-Marit and her siblings (?) must be feeling awfull. I hope he didn't suffer too much.

It happends:sad: ... He was still her father regardless of any problems they had. Life must go on.

That is so sad for Mette-Marit. Especially after she looked so happy at the ski event. I think only Mette-Marit, Haakon and Marius will go to the funeral, if even Marius. I hope the press can leave them alone to grieve

crm2317 said:
That is so sad for Mette-Marit. Especially after she looked so happy at the ski event. I think only Mette-Marit, Haakon and Marius will go to the funeral, if even Marius. I hope the press can leave them alone to grieve
I hope so, too.
The Royal House asked the people to respect their privacy:

"The family asks the media to respect its privacy during the mourning period."
kongehuset.no - Crown Princess Mette-Marit's father passed away

I was reading somewhere that even the King and Queen will attend the funeral... but I'm not sure. I'll have a look for the article.

My sincere condolences to Mette-Marit and her entire family. I recently lost my father this month. Even though I also did not have a good relationship with him, it was a great loss. A daughter never loses the wish for a good relationship with her father. I hope the press does leave them alone so that they can grieve like a normal family. Does anyone have the address to send a condolence card? Thanks

Rebafan81 said:
My sincere condolences to Mette-Marit and her entire family. I recently lost my father this month. Even though I also did not have a good relationship with him, it was a great loss. A daughter never loses the wish for a good relationship with her father. I hope the press does leave them alone so that they can grieve like a normal family. Does anyone have the address to send a condolence card? Thanks

im sorry for ur loss :sad:

The address is :

HRH Princess Mette-Marit
Det Kongelige Slott
Drammensveien 1
0010 Osly Norway

My card has already left Belgium !

KikkiB said:
I think he was ill since the autumn...

Not being a professionally trained medical person. KOLS is an abbrevation for Kronisk Obstruktiv Lunge Sykdom
Thanks KikkiB

The funeral is set for Monday, and the King has no changes to his programme on that day, so it's not likely that he'll attend.

Paty said:
Here is link of the Spanish Magazine "HOLA". The article is in spanish, sorry, but there are 2 pics.

LA PRINCESA METTE-MARIT ORGANIZA LOS PREPARATIVOS DEL ENTIERRO DE SU PADRE

the article mentions that there seems to be no anger from mette marit about what her father did to her exposing her to ridicule after the engagement with haakon, that she is organising the funeral. sven apparently passed away at his home, accompained by mette marit's mother and brother and her step-father and espen was the one who communicated his death to the press. it also mentions that it is still unknown whether the royal family will attend the funerals.

The HOLA pictures are old, from when they returned from India

Here is the death notce from the local paper, it is signed by his children (and their wifes/husbands) the oldest first, then his ex wife, and then the grandchildren and at last his siblings
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00307/D_dsannonse_307528a.jpg

Nettavisen - Politiet tar konge-grep

Vg has several pictures of Mette-Marits brothers and her sister doing arrangements, talking to the minister etc, so it seems to me it is her siblings that is doing most of the arrangements and she is beeing kept in the backround, esp as the press has still not gotten any pictures of her and Haakon.

My condolences to Mette-Marit and her family.

Mine, too. I hope MM can say goodbye to him in peace and without anger after these difficult years.

My sincerest condolences to Mette-Marit and her whole family in this trying time. I know that she's surrounded by loving people and they will help her through this and be her strength.

The attendance of the King and Queen is lovely- they have shown such support to Mette Marit, in contrast to her father. I really applaud them.

I hope that Sven can now finds the peace that seemed to be lacking in his life.

Back
Top Bottom