Family Of Crown Princess Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was doing some research on Princess Mette-Marit's family.

She has three brothers:
Spen Høiby
Kristina Høiby
Per Høiby

How many nephews do Mette-Marit have?

How sad for the Crown Princess and her family may he rest in peace.

Interesting the funeral took place so soon after his death. Is that due to COVID policies in Norway or just cultural/other reasons?

Marit Tjessem and Espen Høiby were interviewed about their daughter/sister on the occasion of her 50th birthday. I haven't read any previous interviews with the family, so I do not know if any of the information is new.

https://www.nrk.no/sorlandet/xl/mette-marits-mor-trodde-ikke-forholdet-ville-vare-1.16529192

Personally, I was not aware that that in spite of Marit Tjessem and Sven Høiby's divorce the family remained very close and held family councils where they could discuss anything (which makes Mette-Marit's estrangement from her father even more tragic). It is also interesting that Espen Høiby says the spotlight has mostly been positive for the family, which is different from what most foreign royal in-laws say, and that Marit Tjessem received training from the palace on for example "which royals you can greet" (I wonder which royals one cannot greet...).

I wonder why both mother and brother were convinced at first that the relationship between Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon would not last, and whether it has anything to do with Espen seemingly revealing more than he meant to with the comment that "when love and determination are strong enough, and not least a patient husband, everything is possible."

and that Marit Tjessem received training from the palace on for example "which royals you can greet" (I wonder which royals one cannot greet...).

Generally speaking a commoner shouldn't greet a royal but wait until they greet you. Naturally these days this is only valid for the top-ranking royals. For an example, in a more official setting you could definitely greet Princess Märtha Louise but not Queen Sonja.

Back
Top Bottom