Easter; 2003 & 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and since rosario belongs from an aristocratic spanish family and all the bulgarian princesses are also spanish, it's not difficult that they met the royal family and started a good relationship. marie chantal and gwyneth paltrow sometimes join the group. they are all good friends.

ysbel said:
Haakon and Infanta Cristina are related - albeit distantly. They're both great-great-great grandchildren of Queen Victoria and Christian IX of Denmark.

Hmm, maybe I should have worded my post better. Of course Queen Victoria and Christian IX weren't married to each other. :D

Haakon is descended from Victoria by his great-grandmother Queed Maud, who was Edward VIII's and Queen Alexandra's youngest daughter. Maud was Victoria's granddaughter.

Cristina is descended from Victoria by her great-grandmother, Queen Ena, who was Princess Beatrice's daughter. Ena was also Victoria's granddaughter.

Haakon is descended from Christian IX from several ancestors, his great-grandfather King Haakon was Christian IX's grandchild, so was his great-grandmother Maud. His grandmother Crown Princess Martha was a great-granddaughter of Christian IX.

Cristina is descended from Christian IX from her mother Queen Sofia, originally a Princess of Greece, who is a great-granddaughter of the first King of Greece, George I, a younger son of Christian IX.

I think you could assume that most of the European royal families are all related with eachother in some way or another through Christian 9 and Victoria.

After all Christian 9 was known as the father-in-law of Europe (and I guess you could say that Victoria was the mother-in-law of Europe). He married his kids off to most royal houses of Europe; Alexandra to Britain, Dagmar to Russia and he shipped off his son Vilhelm to Greece (George 1).

And his grand kids were no worse, continuing to bond with the European royal houses. This is just what makes royal history and family relations so confusing and complex :eek:

I'm glad I'm not Princess Ingrid, because she might get a task when she begins school, to draw up her family tree. Which must be such a hard task:eek:

from Bild.T-Online.de (Source of the pics: Colourpress)

04-mfb-4559392-haakon-creme-MBQFtem.jpg

01-mfb-4560219-mette-marit-mit-kind.jpg

Last edited:
Hellomagazine.com mentioned Haakon, Mette-Marit and Ingrid's trip to Majorca.

Here.

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures, I love seeing them so informal and having so much fun together. IA has grown even since the Christening, her hair is now long enough to blow in the wind, how cute. Are there any pictures that are closer up so we can so SM better?
I noticed it said all the children, did anyone see any pictures of Marius?

Rebafan81 said:
I noticed it said all the children, did anyone see any pictures of Marius?

Marius didn't come to Palma de Mallorca. He is "probably" spending his holiday with his father, Morten Borg. ;) :D

already they have finished its holidays? they have not been seen but images... with what i had liked to my :p this family is so pretty !!!!!!!!!

I thought too that IA has grown since the christening and her hair indeed ist getting long now.
I love the picture were Hakkon sits kind of behind Mette Marit and they bring their face close to each other.

I am surprised that they spend so much time at the beach, given their fair complexions. Does anyone remember the terrible sunburn MM received while being photographed?

I think I'm darker than MM (and of Norwegian descent too) and I burn even when wearing a high SPF, and it takes NO TIME AT ALL for me to get a bad burn (tanning just doesn't happen for me).

iowabelle said:
I am surprised that they spend so much time at the beach, given their fair complexions. Does anyone remember the terrible sunburn MM received while being photographed?

I think I'm darker than MM (and of Norwegian descent too) and I burn even when wearing a high SPF, and it takes NO TIME AT ALL for me to get a bad burn (tanning just doesn't happen for me).

In one of the pictures you can see Haakon putting on a lot of sunscreen,I'm sure they're all covered. Also the weather is quite mild at the moment in Majorca. It's only 19-20 degrees C, not even 70 degrees F.

The terrible sunburn they received in the TV interview was not just due to the sun but also the lights the camera crew had on them. That combination caused the sunburn. Both Haakon and MM actually do tan, especially MM if you look at the pictures of her taken in late summer.

Ingrid is soooo cute lol She has grown a great deal

Love the pictures- MM seems like such an attentive and loving mother. I loved watching her kiss and cuddle IA. I love watching this family interact because they seem just like a normal family with children they love and want to protect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom