Daughter for Haakon and Mette-Marit January 21, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
" It's a ski-box. Quite common on top of Norwegian cars. Of course most put other things in it than skis, as they're used all year round when going on vacations. The fact that two of the cars have them, is nothing unusual. Especially since it's clearly snow. "

Well, we don't have too many of them around here. Just the racks is the only thing I've seen and I suppose that does do damage to the skis.

We see tons of ski boxes here...granted I live in Aspen, where there is a ski area, so I guess that's really not all that uncommon :woot:!

It's nice to see the baby Princess is already receiving much love and attention!

ASKER - A happy King and Queen: Norway's King Harald and Queen Sonja visited Skaugum and the Crown Prince couple with their newborn baby daughter Wednesday evening. They brought gifts to the newborn and her mother. Crown Princess Mette-Marit gave birth to a daughter 9:14 AM January 21, 2004. This is the Crown Prince couple's first child. The Crown Princess has a son, Marius, from a previous relationship.

ASKER - A happy King and Queen: Norway's King Harald and Queen Sonja visited Skaugum and the Crown Prince couple with their newborn baby daughter Wednesday evening. They brought gifts to the newborn and her mother. Crown Princess Mette-Marit gave birth to a daughter 9:14 AM January 21, 2004. This is the Crown Prince couple's first child. The Crown Princess has a son, Marius, from a previous relationship.

ETA: Pictures from IML

Attachments

• sonja_1.jpg
    sonja_1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 218
  • sonja_2.jpg
    sonja_2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 214
  • harald.jpg
    harald.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 219
  • grandparents_1.jpg
    grandparents_1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 165
  • grandparents_2.jpg
    grandparents_2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 169
  • grandparents_3.jpg
    grandparents_3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 228
  • grandparents_4.jpg
    grandparents_4.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 241
  • grandparents_5.jpg
    grandparents_5.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 209
  • grandparents_6.jpg
    grandparents_6.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator:
haakon needs to shave so he could cuddle little Ingrid closer...

Originally posted by norwegianne+Jan 23rd, 2004 - 5:30 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (norwegianne @ Jan 23rd, 2004 - 5:30 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 3:17 pm
Nice rack on top of the Hoiby's car.  Maybe they put skis in it. Doesn't look like your classic ski rack though. Maybe it's for a sleigh. Neat anyway.
It's a ski-box. Quite common on top of Norwegian cars. Of course most put other things in it than skis, as they're used all year round when going on vacations. The fact that two of the cars have them, is nothing unusual. Especially since it's clearly snow.

Or maybe they've put the gifts for Ingrid in them??? :p [/b][/quote]
Dear Norwegianne,

Not all of us live in Norway or in Aspen. It's a perfect question to ask.

Elizajane

Originally posted by Elizajane@Jan 24th, 2004 - 9:28 am

Dear Norwegianne,

Not all of us live in Norway or in Aspen. It's a perfect question to ask.

Elizajane
I didn't say it wasn't. :flower:

when M-M and her newly baby come home?

Sara Boyce

p.s. she had c-section or not?

Originally posted by sara1981@Jan 24th, 2004 - 10:02 am
when M-M and her newly baby come home?

Sara Boyce

p.s. she had c-section or not?
I think Mette-Marit delivered Ingrid Alexandra naturally. And mother and baby left the hospital several hours after the birth and have been receiving visitors at their home, Skaugum (sp).

Would they have let her out of the hospital approx. 5 hours after giving birth if she had had a c-section? I don't know, but I'd be worried about infections, et. al.

Apparently Mette-Marit's visit to the hospital on Saturday wasn't just a regular check-up, like a lot of newspapers stated. She'd felt the first labour pains then. And since they kept space available for her to give birth anytime.

But I suppose it was false labour, doesn't that happen sometimes? I've never given birth and have very little idea beyond what I've read.

Originally posted by norwegianne@Jan 24th, 2004 - 11:53 am
Would they have let her out of the hospital approx. 5 hours after giving birth if she had had a c-section? I don't know, but I'd be worried about infections, et. al.

Apparently Mette-Marit's visit to the hospital on Saturday wasn't just a regular check-up, like a lot of newspapers stated. She'd felt the first labour pains then. And since they kept space available for her to give birth anytime.

But I suppose it was false labour, doesn't that happen sometimes? I've never given birth and have very little idea beyond what I've read.
Yes, Braxton-Hicks contractions (not at all sure about the spelling!) are quite normal. Lots of women experience pain that they think means they are going into labour, but it's "just" the uterus preparing itself for the delivery of the baby. And it could also be that little Ingrid Alexandra was moving around in her mother's belly and as it was so close to the expected delivery date and Ingrid Alexandra being fairly big (or of normal weight and size is enough), a simple turn around in the belly could've been painful for Mette-Marit.

And I doubt that if it had been a c-section that Mette-Marit would've been allowed to leave the hospital so soon after the birth, regardless of what kind of nursing care she was going to receive at home.

Originally posted by jun5@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 8:39 pm
Mette-Marits brother Espen Höiby and her sister Kirsten Höiby were among the guests, who visited the little princess Ingrid Alexandra at Skaugum.

Shouldn't Espen Höjby be in the jail just now? He did get a jail sentence, anyway. Or has he escaped? :blink: :woot:

The city of Kristiansand, Norway, invited its citizens to a cake party in the city hall, Thursday, January 22, 2004, to celebrate the birth of Princess Ingrid Alexandra. Her mother, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, was born and raised in the city of Kristiansand.

Attachments

• IML_SCANPIX_1000036477.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000036477.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 240
That's a big cake there. A lot of cake for everybody. Well, not too much. A lot of people around.

Originally posted by jun5@Jan 24th, 2004 - 2:49 pm
The city of Kristiansand, Norway, invited its citizens to a cake party in the city hall, Thursday, January 22, 2004, to celebrate the birth of Princess Ingrid Alexandra. Her mother, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, was born and raised in the city of Kristiansand.
It's a traditional cake from one of Kristiansand's most traditional bakers/cafés. The cake usually does not have a pink marzipan coating, but amendments were made for the princess... :p

It looked so good on the news. This has been a couple of days where the news have consisted mostly of Norwegian news, Ingrid Alexandra got the largest portion of the news, then Arne Næss' funeral, the Rocknes accident... oh, and I think we had a small clip from the election madness in the states.

Quite nice with a royal birth, just so that it's Norwegian news on the Norwegian channels instead of American news...

So she is named Ingrid Alexandra...not my favorite name...Ingrid......Eeeengridd...I really hate that name :rolleyes: So old....Alexandra is a nice name though, I have a friend named Alexandra.

Originally posted by Lord Williams@Jan 24th, 2004 - 5:46 pm
So she is named Ingrid Alexandra...not my favorite name...Ingrid......Eeeengridd...I really hate that name :rolleyes: So old....Alexandra is a nice name though, I have a friend named Alexandra.
not your choice name! its Crown Prince and Crown Princess wanted honour after Denmark Queen Ingrid you know that but i not like that name myself! when my cousin got her baby i hate that name too! her baby is name is Leah but i told my cousin i wanted name after mine but she wanted name Leah its traditional name in bible. i respect it.

Sara Boyce

The name Ingrid is growing on me. I didn't really like it when Alexandra of Berleberg named her daughter that back in the summer, but I am liking it this time around. I think it is something to do with it being Ingrid Alexandra and not just Ingrid.

Soldiers from the Palace guard taking care of the many flowers that arrived to the Royal Palace in Oslo, Norway, January 22, 2004 due to the birth of Princess Ingrid Alexandra. People waited in line to the Palace write in the book and leaving presents and flowers.

Well-wisher waitning in line to the Royal Palace in Oslo, Norway, January 22, 2004 to leave presents and flowers due to the birth of Princess Ingrid Alexandra.

ETA: Pictures from IML

Attachments

• IML_SCANPIX_1000036489.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000036489.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IML_SCANPIX_1000036493.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000036493.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 273
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting those photos from IML, Jun5. They are great.

She is the baby or the lady that is oldin the baby? :blush: :blush:

Originally posted by micas@Jan 26th, 2004 - 7:46 pm
She is the baby or the lady that is oldin the baby? :blush: :blush:
Mette-Marit is the baby; the lady holding the baby is presumably her mother.

She's an adorable baby.

i think it was fun to read this old thread again
think it was a year ago many of us sat by the computer for a few days to follow the news about the new born princess and future queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom