Daughter for Haakon and Mette-Marit January 21, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
right!

you know about Royals couple hardly to leave wife you know that! with bracelets! mostly Americans stricts have fathers with bracelets who is baby's dad you know that! its law! but its different for Royals couple if need or not!

Sara Boyce

Haakon and Mette-Marit are very down to earth. In "Meet the Royals" they said that the Crown Prince even took out the trash in their London home. Now, if I was a CP, I think I'd make someone else do it :)

Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 21st, 2004 - 1:55 pm
Okay. I understand that despite her probably having her own wing or part of a wing and being secured she would feel more comfortable at home and everything. Nurses and doctors all around. Chaotic and it's chaotic for the hospital as well. But should mothers be moved like this so quickly after given birth? I don't know. Seems to me that if I did this I would just sleep for a day or 2 or just not want to move anywhere. O, well. Marius can see his new baby sister and so can everybody else.

well...I'll add my .02$ here...
After giving birth (completely natural; no drugs or blocs) my maternity nurse came in (on orders of my midwife) and told me to get up and take a shower. This was w/in the first hour after my son was born. After the shower I was then moved to another room.
But when whining to my maternity nurse (who is a member of my family) about "why are you making me get up" she said it's done to help the body. And then I was able to spend the next day in a hospital bed getting rest..and even asked for an extra day just to catch up on rest (which was granted because of borderline medical concerns).

Bottom line anymore...hospital births are drive thru nearly.

Originally posted by lasu@Jan 21st, 2004 - 9:42 pm
I thought it would be a boy, but this is wonderful news!

My favourite line from the BBC article "The baby, whose name has not yet been released, was born at 9.13am (0813 GMT) five hours after Crown Prince Haakon drove his wife to the hospital."

He drove her to the hospital. I really like these two... :flower:
you're right those two are adorable! they're really down-to-earth...

what about Maud... after Queen Maud of Norway? or Martha? after the babys aunt and great grandmother, Crown Princess Martha?

wouldn't 2 Maud's in the family, so close in age and relation, be a bit confusing?

HRH Princess Ingrid Aleksandra or alexandra I have seen different spellings.

I have set up her own thread........

aftenposten

Her Royal Highness Ingrid Alexandra

At an extraordinary meeting of Norway's cabinet ministers on Thursday, the name of the newborn heir to the throne was revealed. The daughter of Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit will be called Ingrid Alexandra, a name with regal resonance.

A new opinion poll taken a few after the birth of Norway's first female heir to the throne on Wednesday morning showed a boost in support for the monarchy.

Nearly half of those surveyed felt the coming royal generation would strengthen the monarchy's position in Norway.

There was 75 percent support for Norway remaining a monarchy, and only 17 percent wanted the country to become a republic on the day of the princess' birth.

Originally posted by Josefine@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 5:19 am
HRH Princess Ingrid Aleksandra or alexandra I have seen different spellings.

I have set up her own thread........
Traditional Norwegian spelling of Alexander/Alexandra is with ks instead of x. But in this case the correct is x, as they're most likely naming the baby after King Olav, whose real first name was Alexander with an x. Or Alexandra of Great Britain.

So the correct spelling, according to the Royal webpage is Ingrid Alexandra.

Such a pretty name. :flower: And it wasn't one that anyone had thought of for the Princess before.

you know what baby weight ? im American!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by sara1981@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 1:01 pm
you know what baby weight ? im American!

Sara Boyce
She weighed 3686 grams (8.13 lbs) and is 51 centimeters (20 inches) long.

Originally posted by sara1981@Jan 21st, 2004 - 10:06 am
i cant wait see her baby!

Sara Boyce
I echo your sentiments, Sara!! Can't wait to see her IRL.

Elizajane

:flower: Congratulations Norway, you will have a very beautiful queen(i hope) when she grow up! How can i know, cause she has so good genes from her happy happy father and her magnificent mother! and you can see how cute marius is! :D hih hih...

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 1:30 pm
Good sized baby! Poor M-M!
when my cousin's baby was born same weight 8 lbs 9 ozs its good sizes its big baby but its small baby its strange for me!

Sara Boyce

Haakon looks *so* happy, and it is nice to see. I don't remember seeing Prince Charles look this happy when William was born!

Some people it takes a little more time for the "holy cow, I'm a parent" joy to sink in. Sometimes the "Holy cow I'm a parent" panic sets in first.

Originally posted by engelkristall@Jan 21st, 2004 - 4:37 am
i hope for the baby that her parents will give her a nice name....please not Ingeborg!! :rolleyes:
hehehe I was hoping for the same. But good to know it is Ingrid Alexandra. I just love the name!!!

OSLO: Crown Prince Haakon of Norway receives congratulations from Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik and other members of the Government at the extra cabinet meeting at the Royal Castle in Oslo, Norway, January, 22, 2004 due to the birth of the Princess. The Crown Prince revealed the name of his newborn daughter; Princess Ingrid Alexandra. From left Minister for Environment Borge Brende, Minister for Trade and Industry Ansgar Gabrielsen, Minister for Labor Victor D. Norman, Minister for Education Kristin Clemet, Minister for Oil and Energy Einar Steensnaes, Minister for Public Health Dagfinn Hoybraten and Minister for Agriculture Lars Sponheim.

OSLO: Crown Prince Haakon of Norway receives congratulations from Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik and other members of the Government at the extra cabinet meeting at the Royal Castle in Oslo, Norway, January, 22, 2004 due to the birth of the Princess. The Crown Prince revealed the name of his newborn daughter; Princess Ingrid Alexandra. From left Minister for Trade and Industry Ansgar Gabrielsen, Minister for Labor Victor D. Norman, Minister for Education Kristin Clemet, Minister for Oil and Energy Einar Steensnaes, Minister for Public Health Dagfinn Hoybraten and Minister for Agriculture Lars Sponheim.

OSLO: Crown Prince Haakon of Norway receives congratulations from Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik and other members of the Government at the extra cabinet meeting at the Royal Castle in Oslo, Norway, January, 22, 2004 due to the birth of the Princess. The Crown Prince revealed the name of his newborn daughter; Princess Ingrid Alexandra. From right Minister of defence Kristin Krohn Devold, Minister for Transport Torild Skogsholm, Minister for Social Affairs Ingjerd Schou, Minister for Family Laila Davoy, Minister for Development Hilde Frafjord Johnson, Minister for Church and Culture Valgerd Svarstad Haugland and Minister for Finance Per-Kristian Foss.

B)

SKAUGUM - Letters from local school children with congratuations to the newborn gathered to cheer for Crown Princess Mette-Marit arriving in an ambulance with newborn daughter Ingrid Alexandra and Crown Prince Haakon arriving in an limousine to their home in Skaugum, Norway, January 21, 2004.

ETA: Pictures from IML

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 239
  • baby_congrats.jpg
    baby_congrats.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 214
  • more_congrats.jpg
    more_congrats.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Drawings.jpg
    Drawings.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a traditional thing that they gave her only one middle name? Most Royals have four or five names (some more), so I just thought it was weird that it's Princess Ingrid Alexandra and that's it. Pretty name though!

The norwegian royals don't have a lot of names like most royals.
the CP has 2, his sister 2, her daughter 2.
The King 1.

Thank you!!! It is quite interesting...the different trditions in different parts of the world...(plus the different traditions of the "normal" people compared to the Royal!!!)

SKAUGUM - Local well-wishers and school children gathered to cheer for Crown Princess Mette-Marit arriving in an ambulance with newborn daughter Ingrid Alexandra and Crown Prince Haakon arriving in an limousine to their home in Skaugum, Norway, January 21, 2004.

Attachments

• IML_SCANPIX_1000036302.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000036302.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 739
The Crown Prince looks really nice. It's cool how he's waving to the kids and not ignoring them. (Plus he's smiling, so it doesn't look like a "duty")

Where those children from Marius' school or where they just children from the community??

raven

What kind of car is Haakon riding in? It looks like a Volvo, but I have never seen a car that had three doors on each side, for a total of 6. Interesting.

Nice rack on top of the Hoiby's car. Maybe they put skis in it. Doesn't look like your classic ski rack though. Maybe it's for a sleigh. Neat anyway.

Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 3:17 pm
Nice rack on top of the Hoiby's car. Maybe they put skis in it. Doesn't look like your classic ski rack though. Maybe it's for a sleigh. Neat anyway.
It's a ski-box. Quite common on top of Norwegian cars. Of course most put other things in it than skis, as they're used all year round when going on vacations. The fact that two of the cars have them, is nothing unusual. Especially since it's clearly snow.

Or maybe they've put the gifts for Ingrid in them??? :p

Some of the kiddies were from Marius' school. Actually I read somewhere that most of them were from Janslokka School- some of the children were Marius' schoolmates. I wonder if Marius was in the mix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom