Daughter for Haakon and Mette-Marit January 21, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Norway waits to learn her name

Although acting regent Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit have decided what their newborn daughter shall be called, the announcement of this detail is also bound by protocol. A cabinet meeting is the required setting, and most likely an extraordinary gathering will take place on Thursday.

A poll is out already on which name people think the new Princess should be called:

Ingeborg
17,5%

Ingrid
9,7%

Ragnhild
4,9%

Margrethe
16,5%

Victoria :p
20,9%

Another name.
15,5%

Back and forth on this poll.
:

Ingeborg, Ragnhild and Ingrid first names,
Astrid, Martha, Sonja, as possibilities to at least come in as middle names.

Louise, Sofie and Josephine

And the cannons are off. Saluting the new princess. 21 shots.

Well, only one queen Dennis, but plenty of princesses. One of which married a spanish prince. The mascots for Lillehammer Olympics in '94 were called Kristin and Håkon, royal names.

Okay. Plenty of Princesses and one of my favorite Norwegians, Kristin Lavransdatter.

Well, I've given up on the video. Barely working. Must be busy. Nice little article about the future queens of Europe:

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/innenriks/kongehuset/3444530.html

And as I finally go to sleep, I see that Ingeborg and Victoria are tied at 19,7%.

:innocent: :innocent: After 2 kings came the queen. Wonderful news is amaizing borne a gril. Now Marius just have a litle sister for play :lol: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Originally posted by Elizajane@Jan 21st, 2004 - 5:13 am
Long time ago, when this "naming of the baby" began, I remember reading that one of the posters , named Rachel, submitted the name of "Dagmar". When I read that, an "old memory core" came to life ~ I remember seeing a "Dagmar" who won a brass medal for "ice-skating" and I think she was from Norway. I also remember saying, "What do they call that girl ?? ~ Daggy ?? A coincidence? It's gotta be! Congratulations, Mette-Marit and Haakon. I hope your new baby is in excellent health ~ along with the mother. I think that Haakon needs a "breather" about now. :heart:

Elizajane
The Dowager Empress of Russia was christened Dagmar as one of her names. She was known within her family as "Minny"

I shouldn´t sleep so long...there you wake up in the noon....and a new heir is born....congratulations to the proud parents and the proud brother....it´s just perfect for the little baby-girl...she has an elder brother, who can protect her...

the date of the birth is just one day difference from the date predicted earlier. i'm really impressed with the prediction. best thing was haakon was actually there for the delivery. if the baby was to be delivered tomorrow , haakon would not have witnessed the birth.

glad to know that she had a safe delivery and it's a princess as i was expecting !!

Press conference with the Crown prince will begin in a couple of minutes.

The Crown Prince has announced that the baby was born 09.13, and not 09.14 as first was announced.

The girl is just over 3.5 kg. Slightly longer than 50 cm.

The king has decided that the princess shall be titled HRH, as Crown Prince Haakon also got when he was born.

The name will be announced tomorrow, the press tried their best to get it out of him... but he was steadfast. :flower:

The Crown Princess and Princess has already left the hospital to go home to Skaugum. And the Crown Prince will travel home after them.

Congratulations to the new parents Mette-Marit and Haakon and BIG brother Marius :clap: :flower:

Hope we get to see pics soon !

Does anyone know if the norwegian royal family has a tradition of showing newborn later or do they show them soon ?

Wasn't Maud Angelica shown/her photos taken relatively soon after the birth? Since they were still in the hospital?

Of course, even if Maud Angelica is setting the standard, lots of things are different between the two cousins.

Originally posted by norwegianne@Jan 21st, 2004 - 8:49 am
Wasn't Maud Angelica shown/her photos taken relatively soon after the birth? Since they were still in the hospital?

Of course, even if Maud Angelica is setting the standard, lots of things are different between the two cousins.
yeh they will have really different lives i think................;

and martha-louise always looked more open to me too so maybe they'll wait a few days....

nettavisen

The most beautiful baby girl in the world

Crown Princess Mette-Marit gave birth to a girl at Rikshospitalet Wednesday morning. Both mother and child are doing well, said Crown Prince Haakon at the press conference.

“She is the most beautiful and wonderful baby girl in the whole wide world,” said Crown Prince Haakon when he met the press after the birth of his first born child. “I cried of happiness. It was just amazing, a really powerful experience.”

The new successor to the Norwegian throne was born at 9:13 a.m. when Crown Princess Mette-Marit gave birth to a baby girl weighing 3684 grams and 52 centimetres long. The Crown Prince was present during the delivery and cut his child’s umbilical cord.

“We have been given a gift, a child,” the Crown Princes beamed. “We would have been happy regardless of the gender, but we are very happy that it was a girl.”

King Harald has decided that the little princess will have the title Her Royal Highness.

The little princess will become Norway’s first queen in more than 600 years if she succeeds to the Norwegian throne. Section 6 of the Constitution was changed in 1990 in order to give both genders equal right to inherit Norway’s throne. The new born child therefore enters the order of succession as number two, after to her father the Crown Prince.

The little princess’ name will be announced at the extraordinary cabinet meeting Thursday. The Crown Prince himself will inform the cabinet members of the selected name.

The Crown Prince couple arrived at the hospital at about 4 a.m. Wednesday, and the child was born about five hours later.

The Crown Prince admitted that he was tired after a long night. Crown Prince Haakon stated that he would spend most of his time with his family the next couple of weeks, and he would only participate in the most necessary functions.

The Crown Princess Mette-Marit and her new born child had already left the hospital for home when the press conference stared at about 1:45 p.m., and the Crown Prince was eager to follow them.

Attachments

• Kronprins_Haakon__R_131470b.jpg
    Kronprins_Haakon__R_131470b.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 570
aftenposten

"A powerful and wonderful experience"

Crown Prince Haakon met the press on Wednesday afternoon, to pass on details of his newborn daughter and satisfy public craving for details about the royal birth. The acting regent said that the royal heir's name would be announced Thursday, and that she and Crown Princess Mette-Marit were healthy and happy.

The crown couple's new daughter, who shall be addressed as "Her Royal Highness", weighed 3686 grams (8.13 lbs) and is 51 centimeters (20 inches) long.

The crown prince corrected his original version of the baby's time of birth, adjusting it one minute earlier, to 9:13 am, which is recorded in the official journal.

Crown Prince Haakon thanked the Rikshospitalet University Hospital, from management to staff, for their help and support during Crown Princess Mette-Marit's pregnancy and delivery.

Although the crown prince admitted to being tired after a virtually sleepless night, he was energetic and in high spirits as he bantered with the gathered media.

With a smile he called his daughter "the finest, most beautiful little girl in the world" and later said he thought that she looked a bit like both her mother and father.

The crown prince repeatedly called the birth a powerful experience, and said it was fantastic to be there.

Crown Prince Haakon said that he would be dedicating much of his time to his family in the next weeks. He is currently acting regent as King Harald is recuperating from surgery for bladder cancer.

Attachments

• KRONPRINSPARET_171658a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_171658a.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 259
What wonderful news!

Two granddaughters for the King and Queen!

And big brother Marius will have a little sister to protect!

One of the newly born tigers in Kristiansand Zoo will be named after the new-born princess. The princess will also be made an honorary citizen of Cardamom Town and get a lifelong ticket to the Zoo.

The princess will also have a life-time supply of the Vest-Agder bunads, courtesy of Kristiansand town-ship.

Thanks everybody for these news stories and pictures of the eldated and proud new daddy. Haakon looks so elated and jubilant and ecstatic with the arrival of his daughter!

Someone mentioned seeing pictures of Maud Angelica soon after the birth. I think Martha Louise stayed in the hospital for 2-3 days after Maud's birth. Whereas apparently Mette-Marit has already left the hospital. So, we'll maybe see pictures of the new baby from the comforts of her own home.

I think having a girl is much better for the family, and particularly for Marius--I think it will make things easier for him.

haakon looks so happy,,,,i could just hug him lol :lol:
i wish all of the crown princes have daughters,,, i just love seeing dads with their daughters,,their so adorable,,,makes me wanna have one lol :p

Congratulations to Mette-Marit and Haakon and to the royal family and the Norwegian people!!!! :heart:
It will be so exciting to see all these princesses ruiling one day!

i cant wait see her baby!

Sara Boyce

Congratulations to the parents and the people from Norway ;)

:clap: Congratulations for Crown Prince Haakon :king: and her wife!

I am, of course, very, very happy, it is a girl! I just hope she won't be named Ingeborg or Ragnhild, though old Norwegian names, I really never did like them!

Margaretha would be a very nice name for a little princess.
Ingrid, yes and OK.

It was nice to see the video clip. Thank you, who ever put the address on the site. I would like to know if (and how) you can you copy video clips in the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom