Crown Princess Mette-Marit Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 21st, 2003 - 6:42 pm
MM looks nowhere near pregnant in this picture.

Did the baby arrive already ? under the auspices of asking a stupid question (to get a stupid answer).
Well, with such a loose poncho covering her up, I don't see how you could tell either way.

At any rate, some women carry fairly small, and seeing as this is Mette-Marit's second child, there is not the usual stretching of the stomach as there usually is with a first child. For example, Maxima and Mette-Marit are due relatively around the same time, give or take a couple of weeks - which can be a big difference, I know. But take pictures of Maxima last month at Prinsjedad (sp) and compare them with the pictures of Mette-Marit at the Children's Bazaar and Maxima looks much bigger than Mette-Marit.

And the other explanation could be that Mette-Marit is gaining pure baby weight, as opposed to baby and water weight. My goddaughter's mother gained tones of weight with her, about 30 pounds (!) even though my goddaughter was only 6 pounds. But a good 20 of those pounds were pure water retension. Which is also why a lot of women gain back their (original) figures after giving birth: a lot of the weight they've gained is really baby and water weight, which is immediately shed upon giving birth.

(Quite the marvel, the female body!)

IN that last picture, Princess Mette-Maritt bought a coffee from a coffeeshop in Oslo.

I would hope she'd do her most to support the women's game as well!

from colourpress - Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit opened the exhibition Young Talents in Oslo, that honours young norwegian design-talents.

from colourpress - Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit opened the exhibition Young Talents in Oslo, that honours young norwegian design-talents.

Attachments

• COLOUR10021400.jpg
    COLOUR10021400.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 624
  • COLOUR10021402.jpg
    COLOUR10021402.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 510
  • COLOUR10021407.jpg
    COLOUR10021407.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 514
  • COLOUR10021417.jpg
    COLOUR10021417.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 566
  • COLOUR10021413.jpg
    COLOUR10021413.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 559
  • COLOUR10021403.jpg
    COLOUR10021403.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 508
  • COLOUR10021408.jpg
    COLOUR10021408.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 635
  • COLOUR10021409.jpg
    COLOUR10021409.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 547
  • COLOUR10021415.jpg
    COLOUR10021415.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 497
  • COLOUR10021416.jpg
    COLOUR10021416.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 523
Last edited by a moderator:
from colourpress - Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon at the christening of a new rescue-vessel, Harald V, at the Norwegian Maritime Museum in Oslo.

from colourpress - Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon at the christening of a new rescue-vessel, Harald V, at the Norwegian Maritime Museum in Oslo.

colourpress.com - Oslo, Norway - Crown Princess Mette-Marit attended a conference on mental health at Folkets Hus in Oslo on December 1, 2003.

colourpress.com - Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon attended an AIDS/HIV-event in Oslo.

colourpress.com - Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon attended an AIDS/HIV-event in Oslo.

Attachments

• COLOUR10021424.jpg
    COLOUR10021424.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 571
  • COLOUR10021443.jpg
    COLOUR10021443.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 542
  • COLOUR10021458.jpg
    COLOUR10021458.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 556
  • COLOUR10021476.jpg
    COLOUR10021476.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 484
  • COLOUR10021524.jpg
    COLOUR10021524.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 500
  • COLOUR10021520.jpg
    COLOUR10021520.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 519
  • COLOUR10021519.jpg
    COLOUR10021519.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 588
  • COLOUR10021496.jpg
    COLOUR10021496.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 529
  • COLOUR10021507.jpg
    COLOUR10021507.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 569
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello's profiles

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

"I've just been taken home in a taxi... by the crown prince," an excited Mette-Marit told her father in the summer of 1996. No royal pageantry or formality. Just two twenty-somethings sharing a cab and savouring the indescribable first moments of falling in love. But if scrutinised on a grand scale, as royal actions often are, that decidedly commonplace cab ride can perhaps serve as a metaphor for Norway's mould-breaking future king and queen.

Mette-Marit Tjessem Hoiby was born on August 19, 1973, the youngest child of Marit Tjessem, a bank officer, and Sven Olav Bjarte Hoiby, a journalist. The couple divorced in 1984. Mette-Marit and her three siblings grew up in the southern part of Norway and holidayed on the coast where the princess-to-be cultivated a love of sailing. A natural born leader and sportswoman, she took up volleyball in secondary school and later became a coach in the sport.

Mette-Marit spent six months studying in Australia before completing her final exams at Kristiansand Katedralskole in 1994. She took the preliminary university examination at Agder College, and later attended classes at the University of Oslo. She met the crown prince through mutual friends shortly after he returned from his studies at the University of California at Berkeley and soon the two staggered people by moving in together for months without even announcing an engagement.

Suddenly Mette-Marit, who was known to have moved in circles where drugs were readily available, and who had a three-year-old son, Marius, by a man convicted of drug possession, found her past under fierce scrutiny. And while nearly half of all Norwegian children are born out of wedlock and unmarried cohabitation is rapidly becoming the norm, many questioned the crown prince’s choice of partner.

When she and Haakon did get engaged some months after moving in together, Mette-Marit had to make radical adjustments before stepping out into the spotlight. Just on a superficial level, she had to look the part as she began to attend official functions, and one of her first trips was to New York to buy new clothes without the pressure of being photographed out shopping. "Before, I used to love shopping," she said, "but now it's just stressful. Sure, buying clothes is fantastic for most girls, but not so great for me. What has effectively happened is that all of a sudden I need to have a good wardrobe for my new role in life. And I certainly didn't have many ballgowns before I met Haakon," she added wrily.

A picture of the young woman curtseying to Queen Elizabeth showed Mette-Marit adapting gracefully to her new role. Her unassuming demeanour and the royal family's clear support began to swing public opinion, and Mette-Marit won praise for her courage a few days before her August 25, 2001, wedding when she made a public statement at a press conference. Visibly distressed, holding Haakon's hand for support, she confessed to the assembled reporters that she regretted her wild past.

The president of Norway's parliament, Kirsti Kolle Grondahl, suggested the following to the country's four million citizens: "I think it's wise for all of us to put this in the past and not let it tarnish her future." And for the most part the next generation has done just that, having easily fallen under the charm of the future queen of Norway.

On January 21, 2004 Mette-Marit gave birth to daughter Princess Ingrid Alexandra who becomes Norway's first ever female heir to the throne.

Attachments

• mette2b.jpg
    mette2b.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 635
Originally posted by jun5@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 10:24 am
Hello's profiles

On January 21, 2004 Mette-Marit gave birth to daughter Princess Ingrid Alexandra who becomes Norway's first ever female heir to the throne.
Such a stunning, striking, beautiful, and poised young lady ! Marius and little Ingrid Alexandra, just born on 01/21/2004, are quite lucky to have her as their "mum". :heart:

Elizajane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom