Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 4: January 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's lovely to see MM looking so well. She has somewhat of a glow about her!

Great to see a picture of the a Princess

Great pictures , she is looking well which is good x nice to see her

Hmm very odd indeed, we usually see portraits / photos of other royals given as gifts or mementos.

Today, April 26, Crown Princess Mette-Marit attended the opening of "The German-Norwegian Literary Festival. On the Road to Frankfurt" in Oslo:

** Pic ** nrk: Åpnet tysk-norsk litteraturfestival ** translation **

** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **
:previous:

And the Palace share pictures and informations about today. CP Haakon picked up the Crown Princess after the opening.

https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html?tid=169249&sek=26939
Thanks! :flowers:

English Royal House article with lots of information (link).

--------------------

Crown Princess Mette Marit organizes writing courses for young people with well-known authors in Skaugum today

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw15sLqBHJA/

https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html?tid=169304&sek=26939
:previous:

Here are some more photos of today's event:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
Thanks! :flowers:

Yes, as a little taste of her Literature Journey, The Crown Princess invited pupils from seven Oslo Upper secondary schools and one from the nearby municipality of Bærum to a course about writing at Skaugum. There she had teamed up with two well-known authors, Arne Svingen (born 1967, most known for his books for children and young adults) & Siri Pettersen (born 1971, most known as a comics creator) with the aim of ''increasing the desire and inspiring'' the 16-19-year-olds ''to write'' (every one of them with a particular interest in learning more about the subject).

--------------------

MM has a big print of her own official picture hanging from her library? how very odd.
Hmm very odd indeed, we usually see portraits / photos of other royals given as gifts or mementos.
1. The library is part of seven reception rooms at Skaugum's first floor, while their private apartment is on the second floor.
2. There is a similar picture of CP Haakon there too, either on another wall or in one of the other rooms. - Yes, saw it myself on television during an interview, reception or dinner, but I don't remember exactly where.
3. And there are several big portraits/photos of The Regent-Couple in the state/reception rooms at The Royal Palace in Oslo.

So, I'm afraid I don't see the oddness with it. ?

Last edited:
MM has a big print of her own official picture hanging from her library? how very odd.

I think most people, royals included, probably keep and display a copy of their own portraits. We’ve seen that there are portraits of QEII in Buckingham Palace, and just this week Princess Benedikte of Denmark released a birthday photo in which you can see another portrait of her on the wall in her home right behind where she posed for the new one.

:previous: Yes, quite usual with portraits/photos of living royals in state/reception rooms at royal residences.

BTW, if we keep ourselves within Norway: CP Olav & CP Märtha and The current Regent-Couple also had two large portraits of themselves at Skaugum while living there.

Last edited:
Playinf devil's advocate here... It seems that since her diagnosis Mette-Marit has only been involved in work related themes that interest her personally, such as literature, her great passion.

Playinf devil's advocate here... It seems that since her diagnosis Mette-Marit has only been involved in work related themes that interest her personally, such as literature, her great passion.
If you're possibly living on limited time focusing on what brings you joy seems quite natural to me.

I do agree with you. It's what I would do too.

But when you're a crown princess, is it necessarily the best choice? Will it be perceived as a natural and good choice? I don't know. I guess Mette-Marit's limited work ethic previous to her illness plays a part in this. It seems to me that MM never really stepped fully into her royal role.

Maybe it's more a question of not so clever communication. Instagrams of holidays and holidays, is it clever? If you go that way, I'd also post pictures of MM in her office working, or meeting a guest at home, things she's surely doing.

These are just musings... I really don't mean to judge Mette-Marit. I think I rather judge the communications person ;-)

Last edited:
Mette-Marit had a far harder mountain to climb

I do agree with you. It's what I would do too.

But when you're a crown princess, is it necessarily the best choice? Will it be perceived as a natural and good choice? I don't know. I guess Mette-Marit's limited work ethic previous to her illness plays a part in this. It seems to me that MM never really stepped fully into her royal role.

Maybe it's more a question of not so clever communication. Instagrams of holidays and holidays, is it clever? If you go that way, I'd also post pictures of MM in her office working, or meeting a guest at home, things she's surely doing.

These are just musings... I really don't mean to judge Mette-Marit. I think I rather judge the communications person ;-)

I think you're probably right; it seems to be more of a case of bad communication from whoever runs the social media accounts of Kongehuset (I presume MM posts herself?). With all that MM is going through; I can imagine the last thing she wants is critiques that she isn't working enough, and a case of good communications would always help that.

Thank you for posting more pictures of the Princess, so great to see her about, she is looking well.

It's fantastic to see MM looking as well as she can be and happy. She seems to be getting really involved in the engagement.

I think she is looking wonderful and I would love to know more about the limitations her condition can cause.

We cannot know how long the symptoms have been impairing her ability. It could even have started in the early stage of her marriage and merely seen as a general malaise.

I think knowledge is power, especially when we are dealing with an invisible illness and I can't help wondering how often I have thought her too lazy and too prone to holidays when those short breaks may have been prefaced by long periods of fatigue, etc. and the family determined to enjoy as normal a life as they can while they still can.

Today marks the Norwegian Women's Medical Association its 125th anniversary. Since 1896, the Sanitary Women have worked for women's health and living conditions.

Here is Crown Princess Mette-Marit's greeting to the members of the country's largest women's organization.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom