Crown Prince Haakon's Current Events Part 3: February 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crown Prince Haakon attended the Innovation Speech 2019 event in Oslo today, May 28:

** Pic **

And later he attended the presentation of craft certificates at Oslo City Hall:

** kongehuset: Feiret nye håndverkere **

Last edited:
Crown Prince Haakon was present yesterday 6 June afternoon at the Institute for Peace Research (PRIO) annual peace talks. This year's lecturer was Professor of Psychology, Steven A. Pinker at Harvard University in the United States

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByZavwWplKB/

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Haakon in the stands during the game this evening:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
It is nice to see the Crown Prince supporting the national team at this prestigious international event. Were any of the British royals representing England?

Nice to see Sverre with Haakon! He's changed so much; sometimes I forget he's only only 13 as he seems a lot older.

CP Haakon looking great. This is a nice outing for the father and son!

Nice to see Sverre with Haakon! He's changed so much; sometimes I forget he's only only 13 as he seems a lot older.

As Magnus gets older the physical appeal between Haakon and him seem more and more to drift apart - it could be uncle and nephew rather than father and son. https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...us-of-norway-picture-id1152447974?s=2048x2048
I think his height is quite the average for a 13 year old. Perhaps he might look a little older because he´s so "big"...?

Oh! He broke down and bought some new shoes, I hope he doesn't retire his favs.

This visit has caused some controversy in Norway.
While visiting the mosque Haakon also met three women and in normal Norwegian fashion he extended his hand in greeting. The women refused his hand and instead touched their hearts and bowed their heads. Haakon then also placed his hand over his heart.
Apparantly there was no one within the mosque had foreseen this and no one from the court had asked or been informed that there would be women present, who would meet Haakon but not shake his hand for personal religious reasons.
Some Norwegians see that as a snub towards to the Crown Prince who was left in a awkward situation, albeit brief. And as a lack of situation-awareness by the women.

Of course in Norway as in many other places refusing an outstretched hand is normally seen as an insult, especially towards a guest. Not least if the guest is a high ranking representative for the official Norway - in the aftermath of a shooting at this mosque, where an ethnic Norwegian committed a hate crime. Fortunately he was disarmed before he could do more harm.

Last edited:
It seems like someone at the court did not do their job properly.

The Crown Prince if he didn't know already should have been briefed that there would be Muslim women present and their traditions and customs should have been explained to the Crown Prince.

He should have been briefed on greetings and what to say and what not to say

Back
Top Bottom