CP Haakon & CP Mette-Marit Current Events 3: December 2015 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crown Prince was scheduled to attend the gala performance on the occasion of Norwegian poet Hans Børli’s (read about him here) 100th anniversary at The Norwegian Theater (Det Norske Teatret) in Oslo (at 20:00 - 19:00 British time) alone this evening, but now The Crown Princess has been added to the official calendar, so she ''obviously'' has a good period, which is great. - Especially since she, alongside The Regent-Couple and her husband, also attended an Official luncheon for the Bishops at The Royal Palace today (an event CP Haakon also was supposed to do without her).

Two pictures from the Palace

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq-532iHMKY/

:previous: Thanks eya & iceflower! :flowers:

--------------------

Good idea not to put her on the calendar. In that way people will be positively surprised when she does turn up, and not begin to speculate if she doesn't.

Exactly! - And today she is added to attend the celebration of the Volunteer Day at ''DOGA'' (''The Foundation of Design and Architecture Norway'') in Oslo, alongside CP Haakon (at 18:00).

It will also be interesting to see whether she will be present during the Nobel-Peace-Prize-Celebrations on December 10th or not, because so far, she is not listet to attend.

Last edited:
Haakon and Mette-Marit will be attending the Alpine World Ski Championships in Åre, Sweden from 7-10 February.

So great to see the crown Princess

What a shame!! They shouldn't promote it! All people should live how they want, but please more discreetly!! What do they think with this action? Do they want to be more popular? More cool? I am sure also Norway has some topic, where they could make more attention... But not this...

What a shame!! They shouldn't promote it! All people should live how they want, but please more discreetly!! What do they think with this action? Do they want to be more popular? More cool? I am sure also Norway has some topic, where they could make more attention... But not this...

Why? Given the rise in homophobic attacks in Europe and the fact that LGBT+ people are killed in quite a lot of countries where their sexuality and identity is still illegal, Pride and surrounding charities are very important and topical issues to support. Therefore I think it's really great that royals are supporting such causes openly as it sets a good example to their public.

I’m very happy to see the Crown Prince couple take part in this event. Marriage equality is now legal in many westernised countries and numbers will only continue to increase. Many teenagers and young adults still struggle with feelings of shame in relation to their sexuality and there is still a long way to go so if the royals attending this can make one person feel more accepted in society then very beneficial.

Well even the King openly support this issue, so I don't see any problem here. BTW I don't think they showed up in such events doesn't mean they are forcing anyone to do anything......:whistling:

Actually quite happy and even jealous to see the Norwegian royals can openly support same sex marriage/LGBT issues which I believe is aligned with their citizens' value.

The CP couple has been known to promote the causes of homosexual living people for many years - so this is everything else than a surprise. Including ALL persons and members of society and making people come together is THE key task of Royals by definition (I´m not speaking of totalitarian regimes like Saudi A. or Brunei...).
What I actually really do think is a "shame", is this ignorant post of yours!:ermm::ohmy: And let´s be frank; you do not want everyone to live how they want, do you? (isn´t homophobia a huge problem in Hungary right now...?! Indeed a SHAME that nothing is being done against this grave development by hungarian politics)

Last edited:
Oh this outing seems refreshing. Nice to see the Crown Princely Family together. MM looked fabulous!

Last edited:
The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will visit Germany in the period 11-16 October, in connection with Norway taking part in the Frankfurt Book Fair

Norway has been selected as the Guest of Honour for 2019 at the Frankfurt Book Fair, the world’s most important trade fair for books. This project is the largest cultural promotion effort Norway has ever carried out abroad. Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess has taken on the role of ambassador for Norwegian literature in the international arena.
https://www.royalcourt.no/artikkel.html?tid=173795&sek=113027

Haakon made the opening speech for her... (..).. A little bit sad to read and see these fotos...

Last edited by a moderator:
One of her less good days, we must assume...

The author Knausgaard wrote about his father and the last paragraph, made a profound impression on Mette-Marit, who felt as it was written for her father as well.
It goes like this: - Og døden, som jeg alltid hadde betraktet som den viktigste størrelsen i livet, mørk, dragende, var ikke mer enn et rør som springer lekk, en gren som knekker i vinden, en jakke som glir av kleshengeren og faller ned på gulvet.»
"- And death, that I had alwas regarded as the most important entity in life, dark, alluring, was no more than a leaking pipe, a branch breaking in the wind, a jacket slipping off the hangar and falling down to the floor."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom