Christening of Sverre Magnus - March 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larzen said:
Here are som pictures from E-Billedbladet i made for this board

6 Ingrid on the stairs
Ingrid is soooo sweet!!!

I skimmed "Her og Nå" in the store and according to them Princess Maxima started feeling unwell after the lunch, therfor instead of staying over with Haakon and Mette-Marit and attendning the after christening party at Skaugum she was driven directly to the airport and got on the first available plane.

They also have a picture of Prince Pavlos arriving at Skaugum in the car with Mette-Marit, Ingrid and Sverre Magnus

Also they have a sob sob story about Pia Haraldsen not getting invited to the christening (we all missed her classy presence;) ) According to her after her mother divorce her stepfather (Queen Sonjas cousin (nevø)??) the contact with the court is non existent

Larzen said:
Also they have a sob sob story about Pia Haraldsen not getting invited to the christening (we all missed her classy presence;) ) According to her after her mother divorce her stepfather (Queen Sonjas cousin (nevø)??) the contact with the court is non existent
It's nephew. I think.

Pia used to go out with someone didn't she? Was it Nicholas?

linda85 said:
RebaFan,
Just a little correction, Marius is not a step child but a half-sibling to IA and SM.
Linda 85

Actually, RebaFan was correct, in that Marius is a step-child and step-grandchild to PH and the King and Queen. You, Linda 85, are correct in that Marius is half brother to IA and SM. ^^

Thanks Linda85- What I meant was the relationship between Haakon and Marius. I realize he is a half-sibling to IA and SM. Speaking from a experience on step-families, no one will remember the half sibling by the time these children grow up. They will just be brothers and sisters.
I just love this site and really enjoy reading and discussing all the topics. Thanks for allowing me this privledge.

Sorry Rebefan, I misunderstood what you meant. I think that you will enjoy this forum. You "meet" many interesting people and it is a chance to share a passion for the royals! Welcome aboard.
Linda 85:)

photos

How do I get to see all the photos of the christening of sverre magnus, I'm new to this site and do not exactly know how it works

drollekop said:
How do I get to see all the photos of the christening of sverre magnus, I'm new to this site and do not exactly know how it works

First than all: WELCOME!!!:D :D
Second: look at all the pages of this thread and you'll find what you are looking for;)

Any idea who designed CP Mette-Marit's outfit (sorry if there was a posting already on this and I missed the answer to this question)? I think it's quite classy (I love black and white contrast) - I wondered if perhaps it wasn't a Valentino outfit..... it looks like one (his Fall 06 collection has many black and white designs).

laduchesse said:
Any idea who designed CP Mette-Marit's outfit (sorry if there was a posting already on this and I missed the answer to this question)? I think it's quite classy (I love black and white contrast) - I wondered if perhaps it wasn't a Valentino outfit..... it looks like one (his Fall 06 collection has many black and white designs).
I do think the outfit looks quite a bit like this Valentino one.
(source-style.com)

mtbcm said:
(Source: Hola magazine)

(Moderators please feel free to delete part or all the pictures)

I especially love this pic with Haakon holding Marius' hand. It shows how comfortable they are and that there is a father-son relationship between the two of them. Way to go step-dad!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
poor sverre, he cry all the baptism!
The two babies of mette marit and hakoon are so beautiful,..both half mette maris-half haakon.

corazon said:
poor sverre, he cry all the baptism!
The two babies of mette marit and hakoon are so beautiful,..both half mette maris-half haakon.

Well crying is just what babies do so I'm sure Sverre was just carrying on and wasn't really upset about anything.

As for Mette Marit and Haakon's children you can't deny that they have good genes.

Adorable pics!!! thanks so much for posting them :) :) :) SM is getting cuter and cuter like his sister. I just hope IA's hair will grow faster and longer :D ;)

The children are precious, and Sverre is a baby very pretty :p

The children are all so beautiful and Sverre has the cutest smile.

grim_lady said:
Well crying is just what babies do so I'm sure Sverre was just carrying on and wasn't really upset about anything.

As for Mette Marit and Haakon's children you can't deny that they have good genes.

poor baby, really cry very hard. i remenber prince william cry tto but in the photocall:eek:

He's an adorable baby!! Agree with CPM that he looks more like her side of the family.

Linda85- No apology needed, as an american I am so grateful to have this site, it feeds my daily need for Royalty. I think because we don't have them here, I am even more in love with them.

Lena said:
Thanks to all, who have posted pictures. A wonderful baptism...with a crying baby (just as it has to be :D ), nice gestures and a very natural Royal family.
Fashion-wise a little bit more colour wouldn´t have been bad...the long and dark winter represents these colours enough.

My favourite scene was, when Ingrid tried to fix a candle, burnt herself a bit and as "revenge" she tried to blow the candles out. Judging the faces, I´m not the only one, who considers it as funny :D
Since NRK-stream buffers and stops a lot, I downloaded it and cut the little scene out:
http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KQTSK9PMPO1R2665JE5H0IQOI

Sven O. got ill? Maybe a press message "Sven O. Høiby is a pain in the ass and therefore not invited to the family pictures" would have sounded more plausible ;)
Well, I hope I´m not kidding about a serious thing, but since I can´t remember having him seen in the pics to Ingrid´s baptism, I assume this is an excuse
Does anyone still have the video that can repost it since the link expired? I'd really appreciate it.

did sverre magnus christning have an other order due to he is not and heir to the throne? Did his and ingrid alexandra chrisning differ in someway?

well this was a more low-key event. i remenber frm Ingrid's christening, everyone got dressed diferently, if you see MM she was quite esquesite but for Sverre she went 'normal', same goes for Haakon he wore a uniform but for sverre christening he didnt.

I think that is natural, that the christenings of junior royal babies are more low key. For an example, in the Netherlands Princess Catharina-Amalia was baptized in the biggest and most prestigious Protestant church of The Hague. Her two sisters were baptized in more intimate ceremonies, in smaller venues.

Back
Top Bottom