10th wedding anniversary of Haakon & Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope there will be pix and videos of this event !

Could you imagine Maxima, Mary or Letizia taking one year off to study in London or 2 months to travel? The Norwegians seem to be very tolerant people.
Now, even if it doesn't sound like it :), they are actually one of my favourite royal couples and I congratulate them on the occasion of their 10th anniversary.

I do actually, concerning Máxima or Mary (and of course Willem Alex. and Frederik! At least MM didn´t go alone on that trip and I guess it was a joint decision to do so!). I´m not so sure about Félipe and Letizia, so I agree with you on them.
I completely agree with you on your closing remarks: They are definitely my favourite royals and I wish them all the best in this world for the future!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot the men! Sorry.
Neither Maxima&WA nor Mary&Frederik did take time off like Mette-Marit&Haakon, that's a fact. And I think it had to do with the women being New-Dutch/Dane and having to show their affection for their new countries etc.
But this was just one example.
I just don't think that things were harder for Mette-Marit than for other princesses (as the poster I replied to claimed).

Memories: tv2.no has 4 parts with pictures and videos about the very first years of the couple, also before their wedding.
part 1: Slik forandret Mette-Marit kongehuset |  God Kveld Norge - TV 2 Underholdning
part 2: Mette-Marit ber om unnskyldning |  God Kveld Norge - TV 2 Underholdning
part 3: Norges nye kronprinsesse ble omfavnet av folket |  God Kveld Norge - TV 2 Underholdning
the second video has a cute scene at 00:50 min., also the third video is quite interesting seeing Mette-Marit complaining about the methods of the Norwegian press especially towards her then 4 year old son Marius
part 4: Mette-Marits uheldige år |  God Kveld Norge - TV 2 Underholdning

Haakon was the youngest Crown Prince of this generation to marry, he had only just turned 28. When Frederik was 30 he was living in Paris working at the danish embassy for a year. When Haakon was 29/30 he was living in London studying, with his family.

Well I really can't believe ten years has flown by - I remember the day very well! I think it was the first wedding abroad attended by the Earl and Countess of Wessex (along with the Prince of Wales). This couple should be congratulated on their marriage and the strength of their love!

Neither Maxima&WA nor Mary&Frederik did take time off like Mette-Marit&Haakon, that's a fact. And I think it had to do with the women being New-Dutch/Dane and having to show their affection for their new countries etc.
But this was just one example.
I just don't think that things were harder for Mette-Marit than for other princesses (as the poster I replied to claimed).

I know they didn´t. But the question here was if it was imaginable if they did so and my reply was that I think that WA/ Max. and Fred./Mary would certainly get away with a private trip like the norwegians have done.
Again, I agree with you that I also do not think that it was THAT much harder for MM comparing to the other princesses, once after she got married.

Hello, to you scandinavians! I´m desperately looking for somebody able to receive norwegian television and who would be so kind to record some of the special programmes/docus concerning the CP 10th wedding anniversary on DVD or VHS tape! This is really important for me and of course I´d pay for any material costs or postage. I hope someone has a heart and would be willing to help me. Thank in advance!

The money that would be spent would be better spent going to the families of the victims.

What has money to do with the loss of life of a loved one? Do you think money would comfort parents or siblings?!
The victim´s didn´t come out of pauper´s houses - so I really do not see any connection with this horrid attack and the money might being spent at the CP´s wedding anniversary...?! I would only agree if people lost their homes and properties due to nature catostrophy, fire, etc. But in this case...

it has nothing to do with money. it's just inappropriate to "celebrate", whichever official cause, in the light of what happened.

i'd love to see the documentary that will be screened on the 25th august. will this be available online for non norwegians? (and possibly with english subtitles? :p)

Despite the terrible tragedy, life must go on. I am quite certain, that the victims and their relatives don´t find the 10th wedding anniversary celebration inappropriate when looking at how they are celebrating, and how Haakon and Mette Marit have acted during the mourning period of the nation. They have shown a great amount of compassion and sympathy to the victims. And tomorrow is the national mourning day with the church service.

IMO Haakon and Mette Marit celebrate with a very good taste, first the church service at the Oslo Cathedral, then attending at the event of the crown prince and crown princess´ Fund at Universitesplassen, and in the evening a private dinner.
Haakon and Mette-Marit are a heart-warming couple, and they are doing a great job. They deserve this celebration.

it has nothing to do with money. it's just inappropriate to "celebrate", whichever official cause, in the light of what happened.

If it has nothing to do with money (exactly what I think, too) why did YOU start talking about money ?!

Despite the terrible tragedy, life must go on. I am quite certain, that the victims and their relatives don´t find the 10th wedding anniversary celebration inappropriate when looking at how they are celebrating, and how Haakon and Mette Marit have acted during the mourning period of the nation. They have shown a great amount of compassion and sympathy to the victims. And tomorrow is the national mourning day with the church service.

IMO Haakon and Mette Marit celebrate with a very good taste, first the church service at the Oslo Cathedral, then attending at the event of the crown prince and crown princess´ Fund at Universitesplassen, and in the evening a private dinner.
Haakon and Mette-Marit are a heart-warming couple, and they are doing a great job. They deserve this celebration.

I agree, LadyFinn, life must go on - as hard as it is. Mette-Marit and Haakon acted very appropriate during the tragedy. Not one wrong step or word. With respect to their anniversary I think this is a quite and nice day for them to "celebrate" it in church and among friends and family. Why should they not?

^i agree with you Naggi.
besides, life goes on. how many people die in tragedies every year? like if Haakon and MM stops their personal affairs will bring back the dead.
i dont want to be mean and harsh, i know it was dificult, sad and many people crying for their beloved ones, but Haakon and MM did a wonderful job on that horrible time, they supported others. now let them enjoy some peace and celebrate their wedding anniversary which is a very joyful and happy celebration!

Well said, Lady Fiinn!
That is their day and they'd like to share it with people of Norway. As well as they share the tragedy with all the Norwegians.
They do not have great celebration of some hundreds of guests but only close to their heart and family.
I do like the fact they do not do it in private.

Sometimes I think that people forget that in the words of the Bible "weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning". There are heaps more platitudes, religious and secular, but they all say the same thing.

There is a time to mourn and a time to celebrate life, and this wedding anniversary is just the tonic that people need to remember there is joy in life and not just sadness and grief.

Haakon and Mette-Marit are sharing what is a joyful time, not just for them but for the future of their country, so . . . take a deep breath and enjoy.

And remeber, living well is the best revenge! :flowers:

Lovely pix especially those from the tv program. I wonder who these guys are !

NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

I hope this video will work for those outside Norway as well. It’s an interview with the journalist who has been following the Crown Princess, and family for a year and a half now, and we see some clips from the two programs that will air this autumn in connexion with the ten year anniversary.

We are shown a clip of Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus sitting outside at their cabin at Dvergsøya drinking out of plastic cups and having put straws upon straws inside each other to make one long one, so they can drink with their glasses on the steps below them. The Princess says she is able to drink with the glass down there and m up here, my mouth up here. The Prince shows the cameraman his straw and asks him what he sees and then if he can watch.

Later we are shown at clip of The Crown prince couple and Princess Ingrid Alexandra practicing a performance they are going to make for the King and Queen with guests at the Royal ship in the hours before the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. This reminds me of an interview or maybe a book where I think the Queen says they used to have Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Märtha Louise perform at different family gatherings to get used to being in the spotlight and appearing publicly.

The Crown Princess says she always walks barefoot so it’s no problem for her to do in the woods when they walk towards the water. She talks about how see is a very social person, but one that also needs time alone, and enjoys quiet moments. These moments are found by the sea and up in the mountains where she gets a chance to charge her batteries.

There will be two programs made, one airing next week, that is about the love and open affection between the Crown Prince couple. Then later on this autumn the program where we see the Crown Princess as both an official person and in her everyday life will air.

Thank you, it was really interesting. Very nice clip with the singing IA and Haakon with the guitar. Can you say, what does MM said about Haakon? It is a nice moment, but I didn't understand it. Thanks!

The Crown Princess attended the Nidaros cathedral during the Olavsfestdagene last year and she was very open about what she feels for the Crown Prince and their relationship. The journalist who’s behind the two up-coming programs had a meeting with the Crown Princess the day after the event, and she asked her why she decided to so open and honest. The Crown Princess answered that it was because she didn’t give a speech at their wedding.

The Crown Princess says this when standing by the window: "It is something about living together as a couple that can be demanding, especially with the life we live and everything that is happening around us. Then it’s nice to be able to take a moment and tell each other what is important."

This is what she says when talking to the Priest: "Haakon saw me when we met, and that helps me love myself even when I am at my darkest."

Then back by the window: "The most important thing for me was to tell Haakon how much it has meant for my life to have met him."

This reminds me of something the Crown Princess said in a speech back in 2005 at a conference called (U)synlig regarding lesbian and gay people as an invisible minority in regard to heath, work, school and sports. She said: "Each and every one of us long for someone who loves exactly me. This is something we all have in common. This conference points out the danger that lies in invisibility. Few things are worse for a person than not being seen."

They are such a lovely couple and I can’t wait to see both shows when they air to get a glimpse at their life that is very much hidden from view.

Thank you, they are a very lovely couple with wonderful feeling for eachother. It is a big luck to find anybody, who so much you love...

So, Victoria and Daniel will attend tomorrow. Is there anything that we know about other royals who will attend tomorrow? And will we see photos of the dinner tomorrow evening?

I have a question : Can we see this ceremony for internet? In where and what time is the ceremony in norway?

I have a question : Can we see this ceremony for internet? In where and what time is the ceremony in norway?

At 15.00 norwegian time their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend a church service on the occasion of their 10th wedding anniversary, Oslo Cathedral. Their Majesties The King and Queen, Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise and Mr Ari Behn, and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner will also be in attendance.

At 16.00 their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the 10th anniversary of The Crown Prince and Crown Princess’ Fund at Universitetsplassen in Oslo.

At 20.00 Their Majesties The King and Queen host a private dinner in honour of The Crown Prince and Crown Princess' 10th wedding anniversary. Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise, Mr Ari Behn, Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner and Mr Johan Martin Ferner will also be in attendance.
kongehuset.no - Official engagements

I don´t know if we can see any events live, maybe VG or some newspaper will show them arriving to the church?

Why aren't Princess Ragnhild and family attending the festivities?

Why aren't Princess Ragnhild and family attending the festivities?

May be from Brasil it´s a bit too far to reach...?:whistling:
Ragnhild is old and may be not that healthy anymore and the trip might have been too long for her for a couple she´s not that close to.

Mette-Marit, Haakon and their children, Märtha Louise, Ari, Victoria and Daniel arrive to the church:
http://static.vg.no/uploaded/image/bilderigg/2011/08/25/1314277345045_501.jpg

VG's royal reporter Ingunn Saltbones is in Domkriken and reports that the service began with that Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Swedish Crown Princess Victoria read texts. So did Princess Mette-Marit's son Marius and princess Märtha Louise.
Among those attending the princess Rosaria of Bulgaria, Franca Sozzani - which is the powerful editor of Italian Vogue, popstar Bertine Zetlitz, Hege Duckert and her husband and manager Morten Andreassen, with his wife.
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/kronprinsparet/artikkel.php?artid=10097942

http://www.nettavisen.no/imagecache...na/archive/00838/Kronprinsparet_8387663x4.jpg
http://www.kjendis.no/2011/08/25/kjendis/kronprinsparet/haakon/mette_and_beyer/17821659/
Victoria and Daniel
http://www.nettavisen.no/imagecache...archive/00838/Kronprinsesse_Vic_8387763x4.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom