10th wedding anniversary of Haakon & Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I take it that Princess Ragnhild wasn't invited :lol:

the children made me smile , when Ingrid tryed to copy her brother when he wouldnt sit down , and her mom and dad made her sit back down again :) such alovely day , and a great family

I take it that Princess Ragnhild wasn't invited :lol:

Not necessarily - Haakon and MM don´t seem to have any resentments. They have met from time to time (I think the last time Ragnh. was in Norway was last year in June during the dutch state visit - and Haakon and MM spent their holiday, don´t remember if it was in ´02 or ´03, at the Princesses estate in Rio).
Of course their relationship to Prcss Astrid is much closer - there´s much more contact as she, other than R.hild, lives in Norway and from time to time perform official engagements together.
It´s a fact that Pr. Ragnhild is pretty old, walks on a stick and visits her old homecountry pretty rare. On top of that, the 10th wedding annivers. wasn´t a major royal event like a 25th jubilee, a 50th birthday or a consecration of a new sovereign!

Ingrid must be very fond of Victoria.

Well, she´s her godchild. And: I remember some similar pics from Victorias wedding last year, where Ingrid Alexandra was jumping in her arms at the preparations of the wedding at church.

I really loooove to see, that being a royal godparent does not only mean "ok, you can use my name" .... but is care for the godchild and being in permanent contact with her. Great how Victoria is doing that!
Bye Bine

Wow, look at Marius! He's grown so talk and handsome.

Terrific! Thank you all for these big (!) pics - they´re a treat.
Has someone seen the documentaries being made for the event? If so, how are they?

Wonderful pics about the event:flowers:
Really cute to see Ingrid reading as well as Marius, he is growing SO gorgeous;)
And there are really nice pics at the concert as well, everyone seemed to be having fun, and Daniel and Victoria are just lovely, there some pics of them where you can see that love is in the air.

I'm a bit suprised that Franca Sozzani was there. I didn't know she was so close to Mette-Marit...

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to the Crown Prince and Crown Princess for their 10th anniversary. They are so nice and they have a wonderful family. Those kids are so lovely, and little Ingrid Alexandra is a sweetheart. It´s beautiful to see how close she is with her godmother Victoria.

Lovely video of the church service. I thought it was cute the way Marius turned to Martha Louise to check the pronunciation of a word.

Victoria will be a great mum. I loved the way she rubbed Marius' shoulder outside the church and talked to him and also helping Ingrid Alexandra in the church.

The royal family always keeps Marius very included which is lovely.

Lovely video of the church service. I thought it was cute the way Marius turned to Martha Louise to check the pronunciation of a word.

The royal family always keeps Marius very included which is lovely.

Me too. But at the same time I wondered if these texts haven´t been talked over, before. I was a bit irritated he had his "difficulties" in pronouncing the word "Jeremiah" at his age... I loved the way Haakon and Mette-Marit praised both Ingrid and Marius after they´ve read the lessons!
Keeping Marius included is a matter of course from my point of view (I would never make any differences in my perception between him and the "royal" children), but it´s a nice thing to do, though.

Last edited:
Love, love all the pictures and videos of the lovely couple. They are my favorite Royals.

Can someone please give me the link for the tv or documentary program shown in connection with their 10th anniversary, especially the one with Thomas and Harald?

NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

I hope this video will work for those outside Norway as well. It’s an interview with the journalist who has been following the Crown Princess, and family for a year and a half now, and we see some clips from the two programs that will air this autumn in connexion with the ten year anniversary.

We are shown a clip of Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus sitting outside at their cabin at Dvergsøya drinking out of plastic cups and having put straws upon straws inside each other to make one long one, so they can drink with their glasses on the steps below them. The Princess says she is able to drink with the glass down there and m up here, my mouth up here. The Prince shows the cameraman his straw and asks him what he sees and then if he can watch.

Later we are shown at clip of The Crown prince couple and Princess Ingrid Alexandra practicing a performance they are going to make for the King and Queen with guests at the Royal ship in the hours before the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. This reminds me of an interview or maybe a book where I think the Queen says they used to have Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Märtha Louise perform at different family gatherings to get used to being in the spotlight and appearing publicly.

The Crown Princess says she always walks barefoot so it’s no problem for her to do in the woods when they walk towards the water. She talks about how see is a very social person, but one that also needs time alone, and enjoys quiet moments. These moments are found by the sea and up in the mountains where she gets a chance to charge her batteries.

There will be two programs made, one airing next week, that is about the love and open affection between the Crown Prince couple. Then later on this autumn the program where we see the Crown Princess as both an official person and in her everyday life will air.

Are these programs already shown in Norway? Can you please provide me the link? I really want to see how the CP family lives. I think this is a good way to see them since the journalist followed them for more than a year and so there will be a lot of insights. Sorry if I sound demanding...I've searched all over the place but did not find the documentary program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love, love all the pictures and videos of the lovely couple. They are my favorite Royals.

Can someone please give me the link for the tv or documentary program shown in connection with their 10th anniversary, especially the one with Thomas and Harald?

Are these programs already shown in Norway? Can you please provide me the link? I really want to see how the CP family lives. I think this is a good way to see them since the journalist followed them for more than a year and so there will be a lot of insights. Sorry if I sound demanding...I've searched all over the place but did not find the documentary program.

The one with Thomas and Harald have aired yes, it’s not available for free online to my knowledge.

The show about the wedding speech she never held is available here, but I see it is only available in Norway. I see no similarly tagging for the show where she held the speech so I will link to that.

The show that’s based on the year and a half the Crown Princess (with family) have been followed by a camera crew have yet to air. It will air sometime this autumn.

Yes, they were. It´s Oslo´s main capital cathedral where many major royal events (weddings of heirs to the throne, funerals) are being performed.

Back
Top Bottom