Queen Mathilde's Family - d'Udekem d'Acoz

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A bourgeois gentilhomme is not really landed gentry but more a bourgeois gentleman hoping to climb social status and accede nobility. Let us say, the layer under the aristocracy (which is landed gentry in the UK) is there as well in France: respectable, notable and locally prominent families, sometimes owing lands and châteaux, but never elevated into Nobility.

We know really nothing from Caroline Philipe, hard to say in which circles her family socializes.

Last edited:
In this week Point de Vue there is a pic of the newly married couple (Charles-Henri and his wife).
The kind of dress she wears makes me hope for good news to come. Does anybody know anything about it ?

In this week Point de Vue there is a pic of the newly married couple (Charles-Henri and his wife).
The kind of dress she wears makes me hope for good news to come. Does anybody know anything about it ?

I thought the same but didn' t dare to mention because of speculating is not allowed.
She was probably already pregnant at the wedding.
Didn' t expect this because I think she' s at least in her mid 40th.
But if it' s true: CONGRATULATIONS!

I thought the same but didn' t dare to mention because of speculating is not allowed.
She was probably already pregnant at the wedding.
Didn' t expect this because I think she' s at least in her mid 40th.
But if it' s true: CONGRATULATIONS!
Oh yes it would be great, but do you really think she is over 40 ?

Last Friday Count Raoul d'Udekem d'Acoz, uncle and godfather of Queen Mathilde, has died at the age of 87. He died while the Queen was in South-Africa. According to the press the Queen visited him a few days before the state visit, as she knew her uncle was dying.

The count will be burried on March 30th. The Queen's activity of the morning has been changed and now is planned 45 minutes earlier. This may enable her to be in Enghien on time for the service, which starts at 11AM.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2023/03/25/nonkel-van-mathilde-raoul-dudekem-dacoz-is-overleden/

Last Friday Count Raoul d'Udekem d'Acoz, uncle and godfather of Queen Mathilde, has died at the age of 87. He died while the Queen was in South-Africa. According to the press the Queen visited him a few days before the state visit, as she knew her uncle was dying.

The count will be burried on March 30th.

The funeral of Count Raoul d'Udekem d'Acoz today, March 30:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** editiepajot article: EDINGEN/HERNE – Ingetogen rouwdienst voor graaf Raoul d’Udekem d’Acoz **

** nieuwsblad.be article: Koningin neemt tijdens eenvoudige eredienst afscheid van haar dooppeter Raoul d’Udekem d’Acoz **

Last edited:
The service was held in two languages. Afterwards the remains went to the family chappel in Proven, where he will be burried. In 2014 Count Raoul's son Bernard took over Castle 't Couthof in Proven from his uncle the late Count Henri 'd Udekem. Though I believe Count Bernard still lives in Castle Raepenburg in Ruddervoorde.

I did not see any of the Queen's siblings or her mother on the photos (yet).

A agree I hoped to see the Queen with her Mother and her siblings .
we never see pictures of the Family to gether , only for their weddings.

Since they welcomed their first child last year she might indeed have been pregnant.
Does anybody know the exact birthdate?

Congratulations to the parents!

Congrats to the parents!
Welcome to the World, petit Paul

Last edited:
:previous:

Mara's post clearly stated that they had a boy/son named Paul Patrick Grégoire - based on the information provided about his baptism next week.

:previous:

Mara's post clearly stated that they had a boy/son named Paul Patrick Grégoire - based on the information provided about his baptism next week.
Sorry really I hadn't seen Mara's post !:flowers:

I didn't notice I wrote the female form of the word, I'm Sorry!
My French is not super good ����

Since they welcomed their first child last year she might indeed have been pregnant.
Does anybody know the exact birthdate?

I don't know his exact birthdate, but I would guess, based on the christening's date, that the child was born around a couple of months ago. So I don't think Caroline was pregnant in the pictures you're referring to (which were taken at the wedding of Anne-Hélène d'Arenberg in November 2022-for some reason Point De Vue published them later).
In any case, welcome to the world to little Count Paul d'Udekem d'Acoz and many congratulations to his family!
His second given name is clearly a nod to his late grandfather, Count Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz (1936-2008)

No and never family pictures with his Mother Countess Patrick d' Udekem or with his sister Queen Mathilde and brother in law King Philippe of the Belgians.

No and never family pictures with his Mother Countess Patrick d' Udekem or with his sister Queen Mathilde and brother in law King Philippe of the Belgians.

They seem to be a very discreet family and stay away from the media!

Back
Top Bottom