Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 2 (February 2019 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Mathilde had a virtual conversation with Prof. Bruno Humbeeck about the influence of the corona crisis on the mental health of children and young people. Professor Humbeeck is an educational psychologist and author of several publications on the prevention of violence at school and in the family.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwnfMe6WYAEphb2?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwnfeV1XAAU5xuK?format=jpg&name=large

Queen Mathilde take part at a special episode of #zorgbabbels about the mental strength of healthcare.

Queen Mathilde had a discussion today on the consequences of the pressure which weighs on the nursing staff since the beginning of the crisis within the framework of the Week van de Zorg (Week of care). This “Zorgbabbel” virtual talk show is an opportunity to pay tribute to healthcare professionals.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwrVJdGXEAEKcjX?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwrVgYIXAAE378C?format=jpg&name=large

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Mathilde held virtual talks about the impact of the pandemic on refugees and on the specific mental health needs of refugees. The UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi was one of her discussion partners:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Today, March 18, Queen Mathilde virtually talked with a French-speaking and Dutch-speaking primary class that played the educational finance game "Just in Budget" from WikifinLab:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

Last edited:
Queen Mathilde talked to pediatricians about the impact of the corona virus crisis on children and their families today, March 23:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Wonderful. I have booked a ticket for Easter right away as you can only visit exhibitions when you have made a reservation.

One of the paintings that is displayed comes from the collection of Queen Elizabeth II. One of her employees was willing to undergo a quarantine of 10 days to bring the painting to Malines.

Queen Mathilde talked to writers about the "impact of the pandemic on the literary world and on how writers experience the crisis" today, April 20.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** monarchie gallery **

And later today Queen Mathilde took part in the virtual event „Why the UN Sustainable Development Goals Matter More than Ever“:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Good to see the Queen at Mariemont. The estate was once owned by Mary of Hungary, sister of Emperor Charles Quint. It was later used by Archdukes Albrecht and Isabella, Louis XIV and Elector Maximilian of Bavaria and ADss Marie Elisabeth (daughter of Leopold I) and Charles of Lorraine (double brother-in-law of Empress Maria Theresa and governor of the Austrian Netherlands). The estate was plundered after the French revolution and became the property of an industrial family.

I visited the estate a few months ago. There is little left of the old house and there is now a pavillion from the 60-ties with artifacts donated by various Belgian families, including the Boëls. The museum is rather messy, one area has little to do with the other but that is also its charm. The estate itself is rather run-down but again that adds to its charm.

Last edited:
Who is Archduchess Marie Elisabeth (daughter of Leopold I)?
Did he have other children than with Queen Louise Marie?

I am sorry I wasn't clear, but I meant Archduchess M. Elisabeth, daughter of Emperor Leopold I and Eleonora of the Pfaltz-Neuburg. She never married and was the governess of the Austrian Netherlands.

Queen Mathilde learned about the virtual show "Pizza economy" for high school students:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And later she received representatives of the non-profit association "Les mots de Tom" that fights against bullying at school and offers support to parents of bullied children.

** Pic **

Last edited:
Queen Mathilde talked to Marie Noble, Commissioner General, and Tanguy Roosen, President of the Brussels Book Fair (May 6-16):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** monarchie gallery **

Last edited:
Pupils of the Sint-Barbara College in Ghent presented one of their "light painting" creations to Queen Mathilde today, May 7.

The pupils dedicated their art creations "to the heroes of the [Corona] crisis to express their gratitude":

** Pic **

Today, May 20, Queen Mathilde had a virtual meeting about the WHO Global Ageism Report. "The mental and physical well-being of older people, age discrimination and the impact of the pandemic on older people" were discussed:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Queen Mathilde talked to studentd of the platform Green Office of the University of Liege about the sustainable development goals of the UN today, June 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** instagram **

Back
Top Bottom