Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 2 (February 2019 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
250px-Alliance_Coat_of_Arms_of_King_Philippe_and_Queen_Mathilde.svg.png

Welcome to the Queen Mathilde's Current Events Part 2.February 7th,2019

Please only post current event news and pictures only of Queen Mathilde in this thread.

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013-February 2019) **

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines:
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Last edited:
Aww, congrats to her. I always forget that she had a fantastic career as a speech therapist/psychologist before getting married.

(And on a shallow note: she looks wonderful today.)

:previous: Me too - I often forget about her previous career in speech therapy so I'm sure that this position was a great honour for her.
Like Mathilde I have also taken up an interest in speech and language and am hoping to work in the field once I complete my studies. It's such an important area that is often overlooked. So many children and young people have speech problems that could've been prevented.

Today, February 27, Queen Mathilde visited the Sint-Jozef Coloma Primary School in Mechelen as part of the Flemish Week Against Harassment:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery **

** gva.be video: Mathilde mee in de bres tegen pesten op Mechelse basisschool **

** vrt.be video: Koningin Mathilde: “Jullie durven te spreken over pesten, dat vind ik echt belangrijk” **

And this evening Queen Mathilde attended the Womed Award in Brussels:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** fb gallery ** gettyimages **

** vrt.be video: Mieke Frijters bekroond tot vrouwelijke ondernemer van het jaar **

Last edited:
Looks like a happy time had by all at the school visit :)

:previous:

Here are two photos shared by the Palace - Queen Mathilde with Holocaust survivor Simon Gronowski - and another gallery:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:

Queen Mathilde attended the celebrations marking the 20th anniversary of the development agency Enabel in Brussels today, April 3:

** belga gallery **

Queen Mathilde attended a round table meeting in cooperation with Child Focus on the fight against human trafficking today, May 2:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Today, May 23, Queen Mathilde hosted a round table meeting with representatives of universities and in particular universities responsible for management training about raising awareness of sustainability issues:

** Pic **

Last edited by a moderator:

In connection with the European Development Days Queen Mathilde today, June 19, had a meeting with Kailash Satyarthi, winner of the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize and Sumedha Kailash:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Back
Top Bottom