Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant News and Events 1, Oct 2019 - Feb 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very proud moment for all 3. Well done!

Absolutely lovely, I can’t stop watching the beautiful moment between father and daughter and Elisabeth’s smile [emoji4][emoji4].

Lovely photos - Philippe and Mathilde both looked very proud at how their daughter has grown!

The king looking so proud of his daughter ,I almost didn't recognize the duchess of Brabant.

Wonderful to watch. Elizabeth has grown up so much. You can see the pride in her parents, especially dad as he gives her the blue beret. :flowers:

Special moment for father and daughter for sure.

Wow...Elisabeth is elegant and impressive even in army fatigues. I love how she was unable to quite suppress a smile when she faced het father the king, despite remaining dignified.

Wow...Elisabeth is elegant and impressive even in army fatigues. I love how she was unable to quite suppress a smile when she faced het father the king, despite remaining dignified.

Reminded me of when both Harry and William couldn't contain their smiles when Grandma inspected them in their Sandhurst days.

I admire Elizabeth because this must be incredible difficult for a girl to have to go through military training when specially it is something that had been impose to you. It was not her choice. It is a good example for teenagers and shows her bone of bravery.

Even her comrades giggled when the king approached her. It was a sign of bonding (even if they have been together only for month).

Last edited:
"I'd like to hug you... I can't hug you... I can't hug your classmates... Good job, sweetie." = Awkwardly pats eldest pride and joy

"I'd like to hug you... I can't hug you... I can't hug your classmates... Good job, sweetie." = Awkwardly pats eldest pride and joy

Yes, Philippe was totes *UGLY SOBBING* inside :D

I've always wondered how royal children feel when their parents visit their school as part of an engagement. I wonder if, at one point, Elisabeth was ever like "ugh, dad, mum, stop embarrassing me" lol.

I admire Elizabeth because this must be incredible difficult for a girl to have to go through military training when specially it is something that had been impose to you. It was not her choice. It is a good example for teenagers and shows her bone of bravery.

Although it was "imposed" on her (in the sense that she was required to do it), that doesn't mean she necessarily dislikes it. On the contrary, she seems to be enjoying herself.

The Duchess of Brabant strikes me as someone who has had a very well-rounded upbringing. As a child and a teen, she took ballet and piano (an arts background), but also excelled in academics (as shown by her getting into Atlantic College and finishing her IB) while also enjoying outdoor life and sports. I think she is apt for military training as she will be ready later for further university studies.

Although it will still take some ten years or so at least, I can say that whoever marries her will be a very lucky guy. Besides she is gorgeous.

Princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Brabent is truly a Queen in the making. Her blue cap ceremony, especially the interaction from her father was a joy to watch. Congratulations Princess Elizabeth!

Although it was "imposed" on her (in the sense that she was required to do it), that doesn't mean she necessarily dislikes it. On the contrary, she seems to be enjoying herself.

Furthermore, it is in keeping with an honored tradition of her family and house, in which she may very well take pride. :flowers:

The Duchess of Brabant strikes me as someone who has had a very well-rounded upbringing. As a child and a teen, she took ballet and piano (an arts background), but also excelled in academics (as shown by her getting into Atlantic College and finishing her IB) while also enjoying outdoor life and sports. I think she is apt for military training as she will be ready later for further university studies.

Although it will still take some ten years or so at least, I can say that whoever marries her will be a very lucky guy. Besides she is gorgeous.

I was on the verge of stating the opinion that virtually any individual who marries into the royal family could be considered lucky on that score, but given that there was unsubstantiated speculation about her father resorting to an arranged marriage for difficulty finding a willing bride, some Belgians apparently don't take that view.

:previous: The operative phrase is "unsubstantiated rumor". Philippe has given more than one interview insisting that he and Mathilde were/are very much a love match.

There is no reason not to believe him. He and Mathilde appear visibly besotted with one another.

In fact with one or two exceptions, the modern day Belgian Royal marriages do indeed seem blessed with fortune.

Hopefully Elisabeth and her siblings will consider the trend. As Mbruno pointed out the young Duchess of Brabant is a catch. Whoever wins her heart can consider himself lucky.

Last edited:
:previous: The operative phrase is "unsubstantiated rumor". Philippe has given more than one interview insisting that he and Mathilde were/are very much a love match.

There is no reason not to believe him.

I agree, but the point I was making was that a substantial number of Belgians apparently believed that becoming the wife of the crown prince of Belgium was not necessarily a stroke of good luck (otherwise, they would surely not have believed the rumors that their Crown Prince had difficulty finding a wife).

Thank you iceflower of the pictures we did not see on french TV. this evening It was such a wind and rain....

On a small sibling sidenote: how tall Prince Gabriël is! He could reach 6' (2 meters) if you ask me or at least 5'10" (1 meter and 80 centimeter).

Last edited:
Isn't Mathilde 1,78/1,79 tall? Gabriel looks much taller than Mathilde, which means he is about the same height as King Felipe of Spain.

Lovely Elisabeth! Uniform suits her! It must have been quite chilly...It makes me not want winter to come, so far, we've had 26/27 Celsius in the south of Portugal, and I still wear t-shirts and flip flops.

Isn't Mathilde 1,78/1,79 tall? Gabriel looks much taller than Mathilde, which means he is about the same height as King Felipe of Spain.

Lovely Elisabeth! Uniform suits her! It must have been quite chilly...It makes me not want winter to come, so far, we've had 26/27 Celsius in the south of Portugal, and I still wear t-shirts and flip flops.
How am I jalous of you ! You are lucky to still be in summer !:ohmy:

How am I jalous of you ! You are lucky to still be in summer !:ohmy:
The temperatures are starting to decrease now, we'll have around 23/24 Celsius in the weekend. It gradually decreases. Well, at least in the south. The south and north of Portugal have totally different climates (and different landscapes as well), with the south being more Mediterranean, warm and dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom