Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant News and Events 1, Oct 2019 - Feb 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jogging pictures is a wink to the physical part of the training she will get. The instagram post starts with ‘almost ready for...’

Exactly, it is said that she's getting physically ready for the year at the Military Academy, I think the photos are well chosen.

She has such a beautiful figure, slim without being overtly skinny, the Paola/Mathilde genetics really favoured her there :flowers:

As we would say in Spanish: "juventud, divino tesoro" ;) (basically that at that age if you look like her, ANYTHING will look good in you :lol: )

:previous: I agree. She has a beautiful HEALTHY slim figure and can wear what she wants.

Many young girls gain weight at University but Elisabeth has maintained herself very well.

:previous: I agree. She has a beautiful HEALTHY slim figure and can wear what she wants.

Many young girls gain weight at University but Elisabeth has maintained herself very well.

In her case you can see it's not about dieting or exercising like crazy but rather the fact that she's been blessed with genetics, both her grandmothers are tall and slim, so is her mother, her aunts, her female cousins, etc.

I do think she has a good diet but also that she doesn't really have a propensity to gain weight, thankfully for her.

Elisabeth follows the tradition for her future role as heir to the throne.
Time goes by really fast.

Last edited:
This is a very important News. We knew it but not when.
The King of the Belgians is Head of the Army , General 4 Stars. So She have to know all about the Army she will command later.
She will be normal Officer Student but will not be paid.
On 21th of July 2021 she will take part at our National Defile .
All the Kings went to our Ecole Militaire when they were young except King Baudouin who was our King when he was only 21 years old.
She will be our best prepared Monarch thanks to her Parents !

I'm curious to see if in the coming years if her young female peers in the Netherlands, Norway and Spain will also be attending their nation's respective military academies or will be receiving military training too.

Congratulations to Elisabeth on her upcoming graduation and best of luck as she prepares to enter the military academy.

The King of the Belgians is Head of the Army , General 4 Stars. So She have to know all about the Army she will command later.
All the Kings went to our Ecole Militaire when they were young except King Baudouin who was our King when he was only 21 years old.

It will be interesting to see what further education plans are in place for Elizabeth, after the military stint.

Yep, I'd say she's definitely getting into a fitness routine. We don't know that she hasn't been working out for years but it will soon become compulsory. Like it or not there is a lot riding on this. She is the first femail heir to the throne and much as we would wish it were not so, she will have to work twice as hard for half the credit, both physically and intellectually.

The King and Queen have done an outstanding job with their oldest daughter and heir, I completely agree.?

The official announcements from the Palace and the Royal Military School:

Prinses Elisabeth - Koninklijke Militaire School | De Belgische Monarchie

Her Royal Highness Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant, will finish her education at the UWC Atlantic College on 23 May. The Princess will next begin a one-year course at the Royal Military School on 31 August 2020. She will take part in first-year social and military studies. With her enrollment in the Royal Military School, she will follow a long tradition in the Royal Family.​

Prinses Elisabeth start op 31 augustus aan de KMS – RMA
Le 31 aout 2020, la Princesse Elisabeth rejoindra l’ERM – RMA

In the upcoming academic year, we will welcome Her Royal Highness Princess Elisabeth at the Campus Renaissance. She will study for a year as a member of the 160th class in Social and Military Studies. With this, she will carry on a long tradition within the Royal Family. Prince Alexander was a member of the 115th Polytechnic class, her father was a member of the 118th All Weapons (today Social and Military Studies) class and Prince Laurent studied with the 123rd All Weapons class. The most recent in the list is Prince Amedeo, who was a member of the 144th Social and Military Studies class during the 2004-2005 academic year.

The students of the Royal Military School are delighted at the arrival of our Belgian crown princess and are waiting to warmly welcome her. The teachers, professors, and staff of the Royal Military School will do all in their ability to provide her with an academically enriching year.

Welcome to the Royal Military School, Princess!​

I'm curious to see if in the coming years if her young female peers in the Netherlands, Norway and Spain will also be attending their nation's respective military academies or will be receiving military training too.

I am also curious. In Sweden the crown princess undertook basic military training, but it was her younger brother who their parents expected to undergo a complete officer education.

Here, while Princess Elisabeth will finish only one year of the four-year program, it was apparently the same for her cousin Prince Amedeo, according to the announcement.

Amadeo did the same before he went to university. Joachim similar though he went the navy route.

Yes, it is interesting that Princess Astrid's sons obtained military training while her daughters apparently did not. Princess Elisabeth's enrollment may be an exception to the rule owing to her position as crown princess and not an indication of a new equalized treatment of princes and princesses.

Yes, it is interesting that Princess Astrid's sons obtained military training while her daughters apparently did not. Princess Elisabeth's enrollment may be an exception to the rule owing to her position as crown princess and not an indication of a new equalized treatment of princes and princesses.

Dpon't think it is a requirement or it is expected from Princes and Princesses so far down the line of succession as Princess Astrid's sons to do miltary training and probably they did it because they wanted to do it.

Last edited:
The princess is wearing sportswear from the Flemish brand RectoVerso.

In an interview with the co-founder Camille Liebaert is appears that they had sent these clothes to the princess as a birthday present. But Ms Liebaert was surprised to see the princess wearing them: 'a cherry on the cake'. The label is only one year old and the owner says the telephone didn't stop ringing since photos of the princess dressed in her label appeared in the public domain.

The brand is completely Belgian, the clothes are designed and made in Deinze.

Source: Het Nieuwsblad

As far as I can tell, Elisabeth, by attending this first year will get a broad view of the roles and capabilities of the military, the organization and structure and why it works like that. She will learn about and adopt the mindset within the military and she will first hand learn to have a command both at room level as well as tactical squad level. (NCO level.)
She will of course also go through a boot-camp for the first weeks. And it's going to be an intensive year for her, both physically, mentally and personally and not least in regards to the other students.
Because she will have to take responsibility for her fellow students at times and when she makes mistakes they will be for all to see and she will have to learn to follow and obey orders that are obviously erroneously to her. (That's actually not that easy!)

I think her time at a boarding school abroad will come to very good use here. She is used to stand on her own and adapting to often different people. While some of her future fellow students will come straight from home and mother's cooking. :D

Not sure boarding school is as big of preparation as you'd think. While she wasn't at home with mom's cooking, she certainly wasn't fending for herself. Living in dorms with meals, house parents and such. She will be used to being away from home which will of course be a step up from some of the students, but it will still be a big change from her boarding school life.

In an interview with the co-founder Camille Liebaert is appears that they had sent these clothes to the princess as a birthday present. But Ms Liebaert was surprised to see the princess wearing them: 'a cherry on the cake'. The label is only one year old and the owner says the telephone didn't stop ringing since photos of the princess dressed in her label appeared in the public domain.

Nice touch, not only a Belgian brand but something she had been given as a birthday gift.

For all their royal titles on two sides, Astrid's children are private citizens. Sons and daughters they have no obligation for particular studies or military training. Elisabeth's female cousins not going into it is not a sign that people like Eleanor wouldn't down the line.

Amedeo and Joachim simply chose to follow a long family tradition. Their father served in the Austrian army. Their maternal Uncles both did military training in Belgium. It likely seemed natural.

Personally unless they are the heir to the throne, I don't see any need for either gender to serve unless they have career plans to serve. With heirs, especially in countries where they are the future military leaders, the experience should be part of the education for both female and male heirs. At least a basic year of studies and training like Elisabeth will do.

Last edited:
For most people it's considerable change to all of a sudden to have to eat, sleep, work and live with the same people 24/7 for weeks at a time.
Elisabeth has been through that process.
To that is of course the added military emphasis on discipline, responsibility, team-building and team-work.

I think this song illustrates the culture-shock: :D

Not sure boarding school is as big of preparation as you'd think. While she wasn't at home with mom's cooking, she certainly wasn't fending for herself. Living in dorms with meals, house parents and such. She will be used to being away from home which will of course be a step up from some of the students, but it will still be a big change from her boarding school life.

Nice touch, not only a Belgian brand but something she had been given as a birthday gift.

For all their royal titles on two sides, Astrid's children are private citizens. Sons and daughters they have no obligation for particular studies or military training. Elisabeth's female cousins not going into it is not a sign that people like Eleanor wouldn't down the line.

Amedeo and Joachim simply chose to follow a long family tradition. Their father served in the Austrian army. Their maternal Uncles both did military training in Belgium. It likely seemed natural.

Personally unless they are the heir to the throne, I don't see any need for either gender to serve unless they have career plans to serve. With heirs, especially in countries where they are the future military leaders, the experience should be part of the education for both female and male heirs. At least a basic year of studies and training like Elisabeth will do.

I think it is great to see the Princess wear a Beligan brand and support local businesses.

I wonder if Princess Elisabeth might continue on with the program if the planned one year of studies piques her interest.

Dpon't think it is a requirement or it is expected from Princes and Princesses so far down the line of succession as Princess Astrid's sons to do miltary training and probably they did it because they wanted to do it.

I agree that there was no real obligation, but the fact that all of the members of the Royal Family who have participated in this particular family tradition have been men seems too much to be coincidence for me. Choices and wishes are often grounded in cultural and family expectations.

I agree that there was no real obligation, but the fact that all of the members of the Royal Family who have participated in this particular family tradition have been men seems too much to be coincidence for me. Choices and wishes are often grounded in cultural and family expectations.

I'd say, it is what is expected of the men within their group of reference. They are free to 'opt out' but the 'norm' would be to at least have a short military training. For example, many of their second cousins who are royal as well also took up at least a year of military training.

In contrast, this seems not to be expected of the women in that same group; unless, there is a very specific reason (Elisabeth being the heir), they can of course 'opt in' but nobody would bat an eye if they didn't.

This is amazing, I checked the Blue Shadow leggins she's wearing and they have run out of stock, talk about Elisabeth being an influencer!

It's great that she support smaller Belgian brands, specially in these pandemic times, I think everything she wears that is somewhat affordable is going to be quite popular amongst girls and young women in Belgium, she has pretty good taste in clothing.

Now let's hope that she won't inherit her mother's love for NATAN. It would be such a shame..:whistling:

It's a family thing, both her mother and her grandmother Queen Paola love him :bang:

The good news is that she will most likely choose more and more of her clothes as she grows up plus it's Edouard is 63 years old, I doubt he'll be around for like her oath as queen tbh.

I think it's excellent that "Lisa" is promoting Belgium brands this early, and that the Flemish fashion house that gave her the leggings she wore on her jog is sold out.?

She is the perfect person to fly the Belgian colors for fashion. The fact that she has a gorgeous body doesn't hurt a bit.;)

But isn't there another major Belgian designer other than Natan? I cannot think of the name but they have put out some beautiful clothes. And don't forget that Diane von Furstenberg is a Belgian born designer as well.

Elisabeth isn't necessarily doomed to only wear Natan!

She was as a child. I watched a video where King Philippe addressed her that way.

No idea if she still is.

I think it's excellent that "Lisa" is promoting Belgium brands this early, and that the Flemish fashion house that gave her the leggings she wore on her jog is sold out.?

She is the perfect person to fly the Belgian colors for fashion. The fact that she has a gorgeous body doesn't hurt a bit.;)

But isn't there another major Belgian designer other than Natan? I cannot think of the name but they have put out some beautiful clothes. And don't forget that Diane von Furstenberg is a Belgian born designer as well.

I have no doubt that, in time, the Princess will fly the flag for Belgian fashion, and find her own "Natan".

Were you thinking of Dries van Noten? See for example these recent example: Christmas concert and Museum visit

It seems that I'm in the minority here; but I didn't find the photos of Elisabeth odd at all - if the BRF were going to release a photo of her below the announcement, it makes sense to release some athletic photos of her IMO (or at least, a still photo of her in running gear).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom