The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2020, 02:30 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant, News and Events: October 2019 -

Check point 3 of how to slow down the spreading.
https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/

When the lessons school were stopped a week ago, it was asked to not have the grandparents take care of the children.

Retirement homes are also closed for visitors.

And since wednesday all non essential displacement is forbidden.

That’s why I believe Elisabeth will not see her grandparents.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:58 AM
Majesty

My sister's neighbours have just returned and are is self isolation. There daughter called by and they stood at their door talking to her from across the lawn and the rose beds. They were taking no chances but still wanted to see each other.

Old 05-20-2020, 01:10 AM
Royal Highness

At the end of August Elisabeth will start studying Social and Military Sciences for a year at the Royal Military Academy in Brussels.

Her studies in Wales endend without final exams due to the corona pandemic. She graduates on the average of her results of the past two years.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAZbDu2H...=1of373s68hari

In Dutch:
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/05...taire-opleidi/
Old 05-20-2020, 01:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

and the tradition continues!!
Old 05-20-2020, 01:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
At the end of August Elisabeth will start studying for a year at the Royal Military Academy in Brussels.

Her studies in Wales endend without final exams due to the corona pandemic. She graduates on the average of her results of the past two years.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAZbDu2H...=1of373s68hari

In Dutch:
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/05...taire-opleidi/
Amadeo did the same before he went to university. Joachim similar though he went the navy route.

Her father and Uncle before them for longer periods though.

Be interesting to see what she studies/where when she completes that year. Her cousins have chosen schools in the UK, Italy and Canada. There will be more pressure though for her to study at a Belgian university at least for her undergraduate I suspect. Philippe did his degrees at Oxford and Stanford, but he had spent 3 years at the military academy first not one.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:59 AM
Majesty

Love the photos
https://mobile.twitter.com/WDehandsc...90787878572033
Old 05-20-2020, 03:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I find the photos odd, I mean I understand the announcement but why do they need to be accompanied by pictures of an 18 year old jogging?
Old 05-20-2020, 04:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I find the photos odd, I mean I understand the announcement but why do they need to be accompanied by pictures of an 18 year old jogging?
I am with you, I do not understand the rationale for the pictures of Elizabeth when out for a jog.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps she herself chose them?

Anyway, BB writing about the same thing, chose is very flattering picture of her up front. Queen Mathilde can't take her way out of being mother of Elisabeth.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...sabeth-lave-nu
Old 05-20-2020, 04:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Yeah I appreciate new photos with the announcement but these seem odd.

It seems like they are 'look how athletic she is' and she is going into the military training.

I mean yes we got some photos of Philippe jogging recently. But it was part of the covid running challenge. Not an official announcement about training.

https://www.web24.news/u/2020/05/kin...e-photo-2.html
Old 05-20-2020, 04:29 AM
Serene Highness

Well posting a picture of her lounging on the couch with a bag of crisps, would be even more anachronistic.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:39 AM
Royal Highness

The jogging pictures is a wink to the physical part of the training she will get. The instagram post starts with ‘almost ready for...’

We can expect her to take part in the parade on National Day 2021 in the uniform of the Military Academy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0NlOwhC...d=6da55ncx9qor
Old 05-20-2020, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
The jogging pictures is a wink to the physical part of the training she will get. The instagram post starts with ‘almost ready for...’
Exactly, it is said that she's getting physically ready for the year at the Military Academy, I think the photos are well chosen.

She has such a beautiful figure, slim without being overtly skinny, the Paola/Mathilde genetics really favoured her there

As we would say in Spanish: "juventud, divino tesoro" (basically that at that age if you look like her, ANYTHING will look good in you )
Old 05-20-2020, 07:01 AM
Majesty

I agree. She has a beautiful HEALTHY slim figure and can wear what she wants.

Many young girls gain weight at University but Elisabeth has maintained herself very well.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-20-2020, 07:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I agree. She has a beautiful HEALTHY slim figure and can wear what she wants.

Many young girls gain weight at University but Elisabeth has maintained herself very well.
In her case you can see it's not about dieting or exercising like crazy but rather the fact that she's been blessed with genetics, both her grandmothers are tall and slim, so is her mother, her aunts, her female cousins, etc.

I do think she has a good diet but also that she doesn't really have a propensity to gain weight, thankfully for her.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Elisabeth follows the tradition for her future role as heir to the throne.
Time goes by really fast.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

This is a very important News. We knew it but not when.
The King of the Belgians is Head of the Army , General 4 Stars. So She have to know all about the Army she will command later.
She will be normal Officer Student but will not be paid.
On 21th of July 2021 she will take part at our National Defile .
All the Kings went to our Ecole Militaire when they were young except King Baudouin who was our King when he was only 21 years old.
She will be our best prepared Monarch thanks to her Parents !
Old 05-20-2020, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm curious to see if in the coming years if her young female peers in the Netherlands, Norway and Spain will also be attending their nation's respective military academies or will be receiving military training too.

Congratulations to Elisabeth on her upcoming graduation and best of luck as she prepares to enter the military academy.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
This is a very important News. We knew it but not when.
The King of the Belgians is Head of the Army , General 4 Stars. So She have to know all about the Army she will command later.
She will be normal Officer Student but will not be paid.
On 21th of July 2021 she will take part at our National Defile .
All the Kings went to our Ecole Militaire when they were young except King Baudouin who was our King when he was only 21 years old.
She will be our best prepared Monarch thanks to her Parents !
It will be interesting to see what further education plans are in place for Elizabeth, after the military stint.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Well it is annouced after her Military School.