The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2020, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Isn't Mathilde 1,78/1,79 tall? Gabriel looks much taller than Mathilde, which means he is about the same height as King Felipe of Spain.

Lovely Elisabeth! Uniform suits her! It must have been quite chilly...It makes me not want winter to come, so far, we've had 26/27 Celsius in the south of Portugal, and I still wear t-shirts and flip flops.
How am I jalous of you ! You are lucky to still be in summer !

Old 10-08-2020, 07:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
How am I jalous of you ! You are lucky to still be in summer !
The temperatures are starting to decrease now, we'll have around 23/24 Celsius in the weekend. It gradually decreases. Well, at least in the south. The south and north of Portugal have totally different climates (and different landscapes as well), with the south being more Mediterranean, warm and dry.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Live broadcast of the official opening of the year at the royal military academy.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/10...demiejaar-kms/
I watched quite a bit of the full video showing the opening ceremonies. The weather seemed pretty brutal at times. I was curious as to the temperatures considering it was night time and the rain didn't seem to let up. The ceremony was very impressive and wonderful to see Princess Elizabeth in line with her group. King Philippe performed his inspections and gave a speech. I was surprised to see King Albert and Queen Paola in attendance. I've read on other threads how they missed their mark as parents. What a contrast to Philippe and Mathilde's obvious success with Princess Elizabeth and their other children. Anyway, it was great to see them all out; they were real "troopers" considering the rough weather. I hope no one gets sick.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:51 AM
Courtier

Emmanuel is the most COBURG kid of the entire family, you can see his great-grandfather, his grandfather and his father on him!
Old 10-09-2020, 08:02 AM
Courtier

Now I can go sitting in a corner crying.
I am a very emotional person, I don't know how they can assist to ceremonies like that without crying ...
Old 10-09-2020, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Gabriel is HUGE...he seems to dwarf both of his very tall parents..

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-09-2020, 02:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
He's also very broad, like massive shoulders, chest, back.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Join the club , I mentioned it too in post #179. He is or indeed seems taller than his parents and they aren't exactly small... I was surprised to see his height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
This also. I think his future girlfriend is very lucky. Not just looks-wise, but also character. I suspect that he and Elisabeth will always remain my favourites of the bunch.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:19 PM
Courtier

I get the feeling Elisabeth will stay the smallest of the family when Eleonore and Emmanuel will grow up. We all knew Emmanuel was the spitted image of his father, but now he goes beyond any imagination. Gabriel is definitely a Mathilde mini-me (well, not that mini anymore lol) while I can spot a certain resemblance between Eleonore and her cousin Laetitia Maria now.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Tall members of the BRF are not new, but the bulk certainly is. Did one of Mathilde's family members secretly play US football?

That being said, Prince Gabriel is probably embarrassed about publicly dwarfing the rest of his family at the moment. He'll have to grow into it.
Old 10-10-2020, 06:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Absolutely!!! Genetics is one heck of a thing!
Quote:
Emmanuel is the most COBURG kid of the entire family, you can see his great-grandfather, his grandfather and his father on him!
Old 10-10-2020, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Absolutely!!! Genetics is one heck of a thing!
And genetics in this particular family seem to be terribly strong, like you look at one of them and know he/she is a part of the RF because the resemblance is uncanny!
Old 10-10-2020, 06:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Tall members of the BRF are not new, but the bulk certainly is. Did one of Mathilde's family members secretly play US football?

That being said, Prince Gabriel is probably embarrassed about publicly dwarfing the rest of his family at the moment. He'll have to grow into it.
Specially since both his sisters are very slender, delicate looking and his brother is still much shorter than him
Old 10-10-2020, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Lovely to see the family with Elisabeth at the military academy's ceremony - Philippe and Mathilde are very proud parents! Wow, Gabriel has had a sudden growth spurt and looks a lot older now too - he looks older than Elisabeth IMO.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-11-2020, 06:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
And genetics in this particular family seem to be terribly strong, like you look at one of them and know he/she is a part of the RF because the resemblance is uncanny!
I think they´re not the only ones. The british Queen´s children do look a lot like Elizabeth and Philip, the dutch princesses look very much like WA and Maxima, Ingrid of Norway looks very much like her father (her younger brother, too, but he resembles more his mother), Estelle of Sweden looks a lot like Victoria, Isabella of Denmark and her father the CP..... and so on and on.

Emanuel now slowly seems to catch up with Prince Gabriel when it comes to good looks! Yes, Gabriel is tall, but it would be very much surprising if he, as a 17 year old young man with 2 rather tall parents, was not!
Old 10-18-2020, 03:00 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant, News and Events: October 2019 -

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGKoWjwH...=14w1fvdpl35ov

Do you see the resemblance between Elisabeth and her great-grandmother Astrid?
I see the same smile and sweetness of their face.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGKoWjwH...=14w1fvdpl35ov

Do you see the resemblance between Elisabeth and her great-grandmother Astrid?
I see the same smile and sweetness of their face.
I think their resemblance was stronger in their late childhood when, apart from Elisabeth's blonde hair, you almost couldn't tell them apart.

Astrid

Elisabeth