Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant News and Events 1, Oct 2019 - Feb 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful photos of the Duchess at Oxford!

You just get the sense from these that she's going by "Lisa". :cool:

Hopefully it's as wonderful as it seems.

Excellent photos and video. Oxford is quite a contrast to Elizabeth's previous year of education. I agree with many of the other posts, Oxford is an excellent choice and it appears she will do well. Best wishes!:flowers:

Wow, a young and charming princess of the blood royal in the Hogwarts like ambiance of the Oxford colleges is the perfect combination!

It is funny that I was watching the videos and the girl who is showing Elisabeth around (who is also an international student based on her accent) is treating Elisabeth like any other ordinary student on his/her first day at the college. Elisabeth, on the other hand, is also very down to earth and behaves like any common person even though she is an HRH, a duchess and a future queen/head of state who grew up in a castle surrounded by several acres of exclusive royal park land and comes from a centuries-old family related to many other royal houses, who owns priceless jewelry and art, etc. etc. The gift of being humble, while at the same time understanding your constitutional position and family history, is something that I value enormoulsy in a royal person.

I am sure it will be a great experience for Elisabeth, and will help prepare her for her future role in life. I am also very impressed by the Belgian court releasing these videos.

fantastic pictures! i love the autumnal feel of them and the beautiful buildings.

i believe not long ago the court mentioned she was going to study in a prestigious UK university, but didn't elaborate further. now we know!

Ohhhh I love the pictures! The beauty of Oxford, the Fall season feels, and relaxed Elisabeth. Love all of them. I wish all the best and success for her new journey in life ;)

Great, great photos! I didn't expect them to release such coverage about her first day at university but I'm not complaining. I very much enjoyed it. I also like that they did it a week earlier to avoid the whole thing being a complete distraction for other students as they only have arrived the following Sunday.

I actually low-key expected her first day of university photos to be her wearing sub fusc for her matriculation day on 16 October - always love seeing Oxford students in it. I hope we will get to see that as her 20th birthday photos coming up.

She definitely earned her place there. Wish her the most pleasant time at Oxford!

I just saw it . What a Charming and lovely Princess . The King said for me a Family is important , I did not have that. A great moment is when she received her Military Medal from her Father.

We knew all , As always Place Royale is a mix of interests and flops.

For exemple We saw her with her Mother in Africa holding a Baby. They showed a Picture of Princess Diana holding also in her arms an african Baby and they said She is our Princess Diana, Princesse des Coeurs.....

Last edited:
Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant, News and Events: October 2019 -

Belgian TV will broadcast a documentary Elisabeth 20 - a portrait of our future queen by Patrick Weber.
Friday on La Une and Sunday on één.

Last edited:
It was broadcasted today on the Flemish public channel:

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/elisab...h-20---portret-van-onze-toekomstige-koningin/

The inevitable Stéphane Bern is interviewed as well. They even managed to interview the leader of the Flemish seperatist movement - in French.

Nice to see -and hear- Régine Saelens of the excellent blog Noblesse and Royautés. She will be more knowledgable than most people that were interviewed.

Last edited:
Just to be correct Theo Francken is a member of NVA but not its leader.

I did not pay attention of the VTM Channel about Princess Elisabeth. I suppose the Princess spoke only Dutch.
For the French too much interviews but I agree the ones of Regine Saelens were the best. Sad that her Board is quatted by posters from France.
Why did VTM asked Stephane Bern ?

I remember so well the announcement of her birth. Great memory !

I did not pay attention of the VTM Channel about Princess Elisabeth. I suppose the Princess spoke only Dutch.
For the French too much interviews but I agree the ones of Regine Saelens were the best. Sad that her Board is quatted by posters from France.
Why did VTM asked Stephane Bern ?

It was not on VTM but on één.
It was the same docu but shorter (not the pieces by Patrick Weber or Elisabeth’s fashion)

I am so sorry , cdm, that I missed on één!
The french Patrick Weber was better than Place Royale.
You have an excellent Dutch Journalist Mr De Lantsheer if I stands correct.

Fellow student about crown princess Elisabeth: "She could hold her own"
Alexander Van den Meerssche was in school last year next to Princess Elisabeth, in the royal military school. At first it felt a bit special, a future queen in the class. But the students quickly forgot that: “She could hold her own among the rest. She really belonged here. It is a pity that she went to study in England after one year.” The princess turned twenty on Monday. Alexander hopes that they can sound together soon. Watch the full interview above.

https://www.hln.be/royalty/studiege...ng_web&referrer=https://t.co/XMmcvtcVrP?amp=1

I just saw it . What a Charming and lovely Princess . The King said for me a Family is important , I did not have that. A great moment is when she received her Military Medal from her Father.

We knew all , As always Place Royale is a mix of interests and flops.

For exemple We saw her with her Mother in Africa holding a Baby. They showed a Picture of Princess Diana holding also in her arms an african Baby and they said She is our Princess Diana, Princesse des Coeurs.....

Ouch...Philippe actually said he didn't grow up with a family?

Oh well. It's a painful admission but a truthful one.☹

Ehh, there's still a spectrum between "not having the kind of family he and Mathilde have" and "not having a family at all". I'm guessing Philippe diplomatically meant the former, but Laurent, surely, would mean the latter. (And Astrid is very close to her parents. So everyone's experiences are individual.)

It would be nice if there was a way to watch the documentary without having to sign up for anything.

Last edited:
I also want to watch the documentary. Is there a place where you can watch the documentary without having to subscribe to anything?

Last edited:
As part of her military training, Princess Elisabeth will take part this summer in the annual camp of the Royal Military Academy with the students of her promotion. To prepare for it, she took theoretical and practical classes at the Leopoldsburg camp this weekend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccx-ANRt0sZ/

How long does the camp last? Will she be there for most of the summer?

It is good to know that she is keeping up with her military training even after having left the Royal Military Academy, but I feel sorry for her not being able to take a break over the summer. I assume her academic year at Oxford is already demanding enough.

This is so great to see! Exciting times for Elisabeth

Seems like Elisabeth actually liked the military training and wants to keep on doing it in her free time.
Excellent for her.

This saturday, June 25th, Princess Elisabeth will be back in Belgium to baptize the oceanographic research vessel Belgica in Ghent. This shoud be her first "solo" engagement.

Twitter - Wim Dehandschutter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom