Prince Gabriel's Christening

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there any photos of Mathilde's parents at Gabriel's christening? I can't imagine they weren't there but I haven't seen any.

Emily said:
Are there any photos of Mathilde's parents at Gabriel's christening? I can't imagine they weren't there but I haven't seen any.

They were there but you can't see them on the photos. There were only a limited number of photos and Mathilde's relatives aren't on any (except her brother who's Gabriel's godfather). You can only see glimpses of the Luxemburg royals who were present too.

OK - thank you for the response, Catherine. I always enjoy seeing her parents -- they seem like such caring people but are always so discreet -- so I was just wondering if there were photos -- and now I know!

And the 'baby' will be 21 years old this year! OMG, I feel so old now! :ermm:

And so many of the familiar faces at these events have passed :sad:

Queen Fabiola
Grand Duke Jean
Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte
Count Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz

Prince Gabriel cried during his baptism.
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/2649268

His christening took place on the 2nd birthday of his elder sister, Princess Elisabeth.
Gabriel's godparents were his maternal uncle Count Charles-Henri d'Udekem d'Acoz, then 18, and Maria Cristina Rossi di Montelera (married to Baron Hans-Ulrich von Freyberg), a first cousin once-removed of then Prince Philippe on his mother's side (a granddaughter of Queen Paola's eldest sister)

Back
Top Bottom