Philippe & Mathilde on economic mission to Saudi Arabia and the UAE - 23-29 October

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLeana

Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
-
Country
Belgium
Philippe & Mathilde on economic mission to Saudi Arabia and the UAE - 23-29 October

Prince Philippe will be on an economic mission to Saudi Arabia from 23 Oct. to 28 Oct.

On 28 and 29 Oct, Princess Mathilde will accompany him on an economic mission to the United Arab Emirates.

Crown Princess Mathilde is likely to undertake some engagements with Princess Haya in UAE. I am looking forward to seeing photos and reports about this trip.

Mathilde is invited to an opera event which is held by the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi's wife.
Will take place on Tuesday October 27.
Mathilde will arrive in the UAE ahead of her husband.

Thanks for the update!:flowers:
I wonder what kind of opera invent it will be. Are European opera singes going to be invited to perform? I am looking forward seeing Crown Princess Mathilde in a gorgeous gown.

Thanks for the update!:flowers:
I wonder what kind of opera invent it will be. Are European opera singes going to be invited to perform? I am looking forward seeing Crown Princess Mathilde in a gorgeous gown.

Your welcome :)
I dont know details or what kind of opera will be preformed yet.
There will be a photo or to maybe of Princess Mathilde but that will be it since the Abu Dhabi Sheikhas arent photographed.

-----

Today Prince Philippe met with Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz Governor of Riyadh Region in Saudi Arabia

Thanks for the information! I am sure it will be a great event. Hopefully we shall be informed about singers in some news article.

First pics of the visit:

Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud receiving Prince Philippe
in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on 24 October 2009. During the audience,
Prince Philippe conveyed greetings of Belgian King Albert II to the
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques who in turn sent his greeting
to the Belgian king.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Mathilde will be battending a lunch in her honour hosted by Sheikha Fatima (Shk Zayed's late wife & crown prince of Abu Dhabi's mother).
Lunch will take place on Wednesday 28 November.

Here are some pics from the second day of the visit:

Crown Prince Philippe at Riyadh's Chamber of Commerce, October 25,
2009. He was given a portrait of himself, funnily without the beard
he is wearing since a few months :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thanks for the updates!
I find it interesting that Prince Philippe was presented the portrait. Traditionally Arab royals would present intricately decorated weapons such as swords or daggers. By the way, the beard makes Crown Prince Philippe look tired.

Thanks for the updates!
I find it interesting that Prince Philippe was presented the portrait. Traditionally Arab royals would present intricately decorated weapons such as swords or daggers. By the way, the beard makes Crown Prince Philippe look tired.

True but that would only be given by the royals I think and not the chamber of commerece.

:previous:
Thanks for the clarification!:flowers:
Well ... a portrait is a somewhat unusual present ... I have to say ...

Belgian prince visits KAEC, KAUST
RABIGH, JEDDAH: Belgian Crown Prince Philippe toured the King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC) in Rabigh and the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in Thuwal
Belgian prince visits KAEC, KAUST

Sheikha Fatima receives Wife of Belgian Crown Prince
..Sheikha Fatima and Princess Matilda exchanged views on a number of women issues and cooperation between the institutions in the two countries. Sheikha Fatima briefed Princess... - Full Article

Prince Philippe & Princess Mathilde are scheduled to visit dubai tomorrow.

Sheikh Nahyan (Minister of education) meets with the CP couple
Picture

Last edited:
Nahyan receives Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium
Article

Princess Mathilde visits Abu Dhabi Women's College
Article

Hanif meets Prince Philippe of Belgium
Article

Philippe & Mathilde attened a ceremony held at the Belgium embassy in Abu Dhabi last night Oct 29

Picture

Dazzling who is the woman that wears abaya and hijab?

Salma,it's Loubna Bint Khaled Al Kassimi the United Arab Emirates Foreign Trade Minister.

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Belgian Crown Prince

...Sheikh Mohammed and the Belgian Crown Prince exchanged views on the economic and investment ties between the UAE and Belgium...
Article ** Picture

Thanks for the update!
I wonder whether or not Crown Princess Mathilde and Princess Haya will undertake any engagements.

I wouldn't say he looks like a clochard, that's a bit too hard.
Indeed I had to get used to the new look, but now that his beard is a bit more trimmed my opinion has evolved in a positive way.

I thing he looks more masculine. It gives him a little bit more charisma, because it shows he has made a choice in the way he looks against mainstream. That is what I call personality.

I too love seen Mathilde in her duties,she always looks so professional and a real princess,I can't wait to see both of them in Morocco next month,I am so excited about their visit.

In a handout photo, provided on Thursday 29 October 2009, shows Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium,
during a reception organised by the Belgian Embassy, at the Belgian Beer Cafe, in Dubai, Thursday 29 October 2009.

Picture Gallery

another event which took place yesterday or most likely today. I thought the visit was till November 29.

Belgian Crown Prince Hands ISO Certificates to Ministry of Culture

As part of his visit to the UAE, His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Crown Prince of Belgium, handed over the Integrated Management ISO Certificates 9001 and 14001 as well as OHSAS 18001 to Afra Al Saberi, Executive Director for Institutional Supporting Services at the Ministry of Culture, Youth '&' Community Development...

Article ** Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom