Philippe and Mathilde: economic mission to Vietnam

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephanievl

Heir Apparent
City
n/a
Country
Belgium
Prince Philippe and princess Mathilde will go on economic mission to Vietnam from Saturday 10 to Friday, March 16, 2012. This mission is being organized by the Agency for Foreign Trade in cooperation with the regional export promotion services (Flanders Investment & Trade, AWEX, Brussels and Invest & Export). Princess Mathilde is also present. She takes part in events mainly in the context of promoting the image of Belgium. The Minister of Foreign Affairs and several regional ministers accompany the Princes.

Source: De Belgische Monarchie: Home - Actueel - Agenda - Economische zending naar Vietnam

Today the mission is starting, since they only leave Brussels in the afternoon I expect the first pics only tonight or tomorrow morning.

Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde pictured as they arrive at Hanoi Noi Bai International
Airport, Sunday 11 March 2012, on the first day of the economic mission to Vietnam:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

The first event on the agenda was a visit to Hoan Kiem Lake Hanoi:

** belga gallery day 1 - March 11, 2012 **

** nieuwsblad.be: FOTOSPECIAL. Prinses Mathilde in natuurgroen naar Vietnam **

** hln.be gallery: Mathilde in Vietnam **

Last edited:
Is there a link to the each day's agenda while they are in Vietnam?:)

Day 2 - March 12

I haven't seen any detailed schedule yet, leanne, the official website usually does not offer as
detailed programmes as other royal houses do.

And thank you as well, Lina RdC!

Here are pics from day 2, March 12:

Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde attended a wreath-laying ceremony at the mausoleum
of late Vietnamese revolutionary leader Ho Chi Minh in Hanoi and visited the Vietnam National University.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** daylife gallery **

Without Mathilde, Philippe met with Vietnam's Vice President Nguyen Thi Doan and Vietnam's President
Truong Tan Sangat at the Presidential Palace in Hanoi:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery: Presidential Palace meetings **

Mathilde made a solo visit to a health centre and attended a meeting with selected Belgian businesswomen
of the delegation at the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

And in the evening Mathilde and Philippe attended an official dinner offerred by the Vietnamese government:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** svenskdam.se: Mathilde och Philippe på besök i Vietnam ** Mathilde gånger 2 **

** belga gallery day 2 - March 12, 2012 **

** lavenir.be: Photos : Philippe et Mathilde en mission économique au Vietnam **

Last edited:
Day 3 - March 13

Today, Crown Princess Mathilde has made a visit to a vegetable garden and a temple in Phu THo
and met with HE Hoang Dan Mac, Chairman of the People Committee in Phu THo.

In the evening Philippe and Mathilde attended an official reception in Hanoi.

** belga gallery day 3, March 13, 2012 **

Last edited:
Day 4 - March 14

For Mathilde day 4 has started with a field visit in the framework of micro credits in Vietnam:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Mathilde and Philippe today also made a declaration regarding the dramatic accident of a
Belgian bus in Switzerland who made so far 26 dead including 22 children.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Philippe visited an oil port, a part of the industrial zone, which Belgium has invested in at Hai
Phong, 100 km (62 miles) east of Hanoi.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery **

** belga gallery day 4 - March 14, 2012 **

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Day 6 - March 16

As one of their final events Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde have attended
an official reception in Ho Chi Minh City. A minute of silence for the victims of the bus crash in
Switzerland was held during the event.

Mathilde has visited the Mekong Plus shop.

** belga gallery day 6 - March 16, 2012 **

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone for posting such great photos and links.

You are most welcome, leanne! :flowers:

It's always a pity when such a journey ends, you quickly get used to the large number of daily pics..:)

Here are some more additions of the last days - according to the last article the tour has been quite
successful, fifteen contracts have been signed.

** talkvietnam.com: Belgium Princess meets Saigon’s street children **

** nieuwsblad.be: Prinses Mathilde van vijfsterrenhotel naar straatkinderen **

** standaard.be: Economische missie Vietnam levert vijftiental contracten op ** translation **

Princess Mathilda She Looks Very Nice & Beautiful In Vietnam Visit

Thanks iceflower for all your work sharing the pics with us. I agree with you, it's pitty when these trips come to an end.

It's nice to know 15 contracts have been signed. Sometimes it's dificult for the public to understand why these trips/visits are made and how useful they can be for a country. So, to have a number is helpful

It is always a great pleasure to see Crown Princely couple visiting countries in order to promote business relationships.

This economical trip was proved once more that prince Philippe is ready to be king and princess Mathilde to be queen. I was really surprised of princess Mathilde good looks. These last times she looked tired, and now she's getting better in my opinion. This trip was marked by a tragedy, but they reacted in a very touching and very respectful way

Oh thank you Iceflower for these links. I did enjoy seeing all the photographs. On day 1 Princess Mathilde looked absolutely lovely in her sage green outfit. A really good shade for her.

Has the trip earned the Brabants much attention in the Belgian media?

I Like Day 2 Outfit Princess Mathilda Looks Very Beautiful , I Like Beige & Red Color Togather Very Much She Looks Nice Indeed , But She Miss Red Lipstick :flowers: Thank You iceflower :flowers:

Only the gallery of Day 1 gives me pictures.

It's the usual gettyimages connecting problem. I've checked all and they still work. It mostly doesn't
help to use the reload button, instead one has to mark the link and press Enter again. Hope that works
for you as well!

And you are most welcome, Daisiesforever and sheikah deena :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom