P. Elisabeth, P. Gabriël, P. Emmanuel and P. Eléonore: News and Pictures Part I

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This week princess Mathilde visited the European College in Bruges. Outside local people were waiting for her. A woman said that she thought Emmanuel looks like his mother. Mathilde answered :"Do you think so? I don't!" "He looks a lot like his father, which makes me very happy."

She also said Emmanuel is growing fast and is really becoming "enormous".

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
This week princess Mathilde visited the European College in Bruges. Outside local people were waiting for her. A woman said that she thought Emmanuel looks like his mother. Mathilde answered :"Do you think so? I don't!" "He looks a lot like his father, which makes me very happy."

She also said Emmanuel is growing fast and is really becoming "enormous".

Thank you very much for telling this Cathérine.:) It's so nice to hear comments like these that the royals tell to the crowd, which might not be mentioned in newspapers and magazines. Well, this comment wouldn't be mentioned in any Danish newspapers and magazines that's for sure.;) But as someone who can't see Belgian news or read Belgian newspapers and magazines (and who doesn't speak Flemish or French either;)), then it's really great and very much appreciated when such comments are posted. And what a sweet and funny comment it is.:)

nice to see emmanuel again! is a big baby now.

I think Emanuel and Elizabeth, and Gabriel are such good looking kids. I was looking at some pictures of Phillipe when he was a baby and he and Gabriel look like twins:)

lisa777 said:
I think Emanuel and Elizabeth, and Gabriel are such good looking kids. I was looking at some pictures of Phillipe when he was a baby and he and Gabriel look like twins:)

you're right, i see elizabeth a lot like her father in some photos.

I Think Gabriel loks alot like his father :)

we will see the children again? i'm looking forward to it!;)

Is Emmanuel not a bit young to miss his mother for six days? I mean; I can imagine, a baby of 4 months old can'[t be apart from his mother so long?!
Mary is carriying christian with her, even if she is away only a day!!

maybe they took emmanuel with them. i think, after 3 children, they know exactly how to manage :) and if the baby will be ok at home with nannies or if it's better to take him with them. all royal mums who were breastfeeding took their children with them: mette marit took ingrid to iceland, maxima took alexia to argentina, mary took christian to germany and letizia took leonor to the palace for the events of juan carlos 30 anniversary as a king to make sure leonor got fed at the right time.

I'm quite sure they haven't taken Emmanuel with them. These are very busy days, going from one activity and one city to another. Mathilde would hardly have time for the baby. So a nanny would have to stay with him after all. Mathilde's parents look after the children when Philippe and Mathilde are abroad at the same time.Two radical hour changes in a week woudn't do a 4 month old baby a lot of good either I guess...

but don't you think you would miss your little baby? when your have a baby you feel a stronger need to be with the little one right? I thougth that was something natural, I know teachers at school, who are not coming on a trip with their group/class (for like 6 days) because they have a baby, and that is the only reason; they can't miss their little one!
I think it is very tough and brave of mathilde to do this, she seems like a mother who wants to take care her children all the time. a lovely and caring mother.

I'm sure Mathilde misses all of her children while she is away on these sorts of trips. But as Catherine has said, this trip is not the kind of trip with lots of down time in between activities and events, so she wouldn't be able to spend time with Emmanuel anyways if he came along.

Also, for a baby of Emmanuel's age, travelling can also pose health risks -- the temperature at this time of year is no doubt different between South Africa and Belgium, and being so young Emmanuel may not have developed the proper immunities to aclimate himself yet or to potential viruses that adults could easily fight off.

I'm certainly no expert on the matter, but isn't it possible that Mathilde won't stay for the full length of the visit to South Africa? When Philippe and Mathilde went to India last year, Mathilde arrived later than Philippe, and I think it's been mentioned on this forum that when they went to Poland and China, Mathilde returned to Belgium a few days before Philippe. Maybe she'll leave earlier this time too? If so, she won't spend too many days away from either of her children.

i have agree with mijjiam and carlota

but CP Mathilde can handles of her 3 children but she hires nanny to watch her own kids when parents was away to state trips and gala dinner,etc.

CP Mary of Denmark always wanted be 100% mother than no nanny before her son was born and she saying she wanted carry her son Prince Christian and she allowed carry with him to state trips and gala dinner,her own hometown Australia because CP Mary still breast-feed with Prince Christian but i dont blame Mary what she really need it.

mostly royals mothers always wanted bring baby to state trips for wedding,gala dinner,whatever but can allowed newly mother have breast-feeding for baby like CP M-M of Norway and CP Maxima of Netherland always do that.

From Emmanuel's presentation (point de vue)

I really love the foto's. The kids are sooo cute and adorable. But I definitly don't like the way they are all dressed up the same... I prefer the way Marilene did it to the little kids..

Mathilde seems to be fond of knickerbockers, I don´t like them and I guess Gabriel will refuse to pull them on soon.
Apart from this I love these pics. Elisabeth has become as charming as her mother and seems to be an affectionate sister. And Gabriel is such an attentive young boy.

Oh I hate that Belga tag! I know they want to protect their images, but it make sit so much harder to see little Emmanuel's beautiful blue eyes!

We've seen pictures on the birthday of Emmanuel, I don't think Elisabeth has changed a lot in this month....
But what I'm looking forward to is a small interview with the little princess. The press was alowed to do so when Philippe was 6years old. They asked him to tell what his daddy did for job. I'dd like to hear a similar interview with little Elisabeth, hopefully in French ànd Dutch...

martha-louise said:
We've seen pictures on the birthday of Emmanuel, I don't think Elisabeth has changed a lot in this month....
But what I'm looking forward to is a small interview with the little princess. The press was alowed to do so when Philippe was 6years old. They asked him to tell what his daddy did for job. I'dd like to hear a similar interview with little Elisabeth, hopefully in French ànd Dutch...
that sounds intresting. would they [the royal family] release any photos and a pre-recorded interview in regards to princess elizabeth's 5th birthday.

Ah, thank you so much for the video reference, Lucidu. It was lovely to see each parent take the children into and out of the school!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom